Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOVED] VMC Fast-Hash One Prospector 512GH/s 0.7w/GH - Setup Guide  (Read 3003 times)
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:58:58 AM

Magzy if you have a pre-order you should be able to get a prospector to fulfill your pre-order? And then you can stop feeling so hard done by.

Those prospectors are a rip off. they will never return on investment: https://tradeblock.com/mining/a/3266f03d7d

only a fool would part with his money for these.

I asked for my money back the day of ordering in december last year - having been deceived on the website saying "delivery end of december"

I'm not giving that fraudster Ken one more cent.

I can not bring myself to ever deal with this company good or bad, If anything should ever go wrong then your money is as good as gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:10:40 PM

These are rip-offs of rip-offs.

First, Hashfast was supposed to have delivered these chips and boards to people like me months ago, then they fail, now they are being sold - on an allegedly in-stock basis - at a non-ROI price by another shady company.

If there's any doubt in your mind that these are HashFast boards, just look at the components and the Rev. stickers on them.  Those are Hashfast's stickers.  These are boards that Hashfast has apparently had in-house, and has been farting around with, for a while.  Same board, multiple revs.  Thermal paste already on them.  Hashfast either did not have money to finish and ship these to its customers or, even worse, they might have been mining with them rather than providing them to customers in accordance with contracts.  Awful.

Oh man, hopefully some people spending time behind bars by the time this is all over.  Be warned that these boards might even be considered, in a way, stolen goods.  Not by VMC really (although it might have knowledge) but by Hashfast.
bkminer

Activity: 216

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:55:37 PM

My understanding is VMC had to source the components themselves - but to be frank I don't really care. Can't gettem from Hashfast, gettem from VMC - in stock and shipping.

Any real proof of "shipping?"
bkminer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:58:29 PM

Let's keep this thread on-topic guys - these are VMC branded boards and chips.

Honestly I don't care how they're branded, they are obviously used HashFuck boards, hence used thermal paste on the components.  The revision stickers are from HashFast.  It looks like these boards were taken from disassembled miners.

So this is about how did VMC a known ponzi company come by them?
VinceSamios (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

My understanding is VMC had to source the components themselves - but to be frank I don't really care. Can't gettem from Hashfast, gettem from VMC - in stock and shipping.

Any real proof of "shipping?"

A few people have already received them... but your expectations of "proof" are probably impossible to meet.

Why don't you contact Hashfast, see if they'll sell you any boards... or chips... ask about bulk chips, and you'll soon realise this is exactly what VMC enquired about. VMC has to manufacture the boards themselves, I suspect its through a Hashfast partner, and Hashfast defo provided the design, but it's not a ponzi scheme as you claim.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
perezoso

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

Honestly I don't care how they're branded, they are obviously used HashFuck boards, hence used thermal paste on the components.  The revision stickers are from HashFast.  It looks like these boards were taken from disassembled miners.

Not exactly.  Hashfast or some intermediary is selling them to VMC, obviously.  

For me, the question is, why does Hashfast seem to have hundreds of used boards?
magzy

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:23:35 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 12:31:51 AM by magzy

Honestly I don't care how they're branded, they are obviously used HashFuck boards, hence used thermal paste on the components.  The revision stickers are from HashFast.  It looks like these boards were taken from disassembled miners.

Not exactly.  Hashfast or some intermediary is selling them to VMC, obviously.  

For me, the question is, why does Hashfast seem to have hundreds of used boards?
Maybe they were mining instead of shipping them to customers.
And then sold the job lot to VMC at a bulk discount.

I had asked ken multiple times for a pic of his production facility but he won't probably because it doesn't exist. Same with the refunds. The money was probably used to buy the rig from hash fast . from one ponzi to another.

But it isn't a ponzi scheme if the first generation of investors got ripped off and money stolen (as happened to me)

The truest definition of this would point to it being a confidence trick or a scam.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:54:46 AM

This is a nicely done setup guide thread.  He obviously put a lot of hard work into it.  If I was the OP, I'd be pissed. Why trash it with "VMC ripoff" posts?  There are plenty of other threads exposing VMC's shady business practices.  Post in those threads instead.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:27:07 AM

This is a nicely done setup guide thread.  He obviously put a lot of hard work into it.  If I was the OP, I'd be pissed. Why trash it with "VMC ripoff" posts?  There are plenty of other threads exposing VMC's shady business practices.  Post in those threads instead.

Thanks! I agree, this thread should be closed and a moderated one opened up.
perezoso

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

This is a nicely done setup guide thread.  He obviously put a lot of hard work into it.  If I was the OP, I'd be pissed. Why trash it with "VMC ripoff" posts?  There are plenty of other threads exposing VMC's shady business practices.  Post in those threads instead.

I know!  Between the hex nuts and cardboard tube slices, that setup easily cost a trip to Dollar General, and its dumpster, and US $0.29 to boot!
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:53:45 AM

This is a nicely done setup guide thread.  He obviously put a lot of hard work into it.  If I was the OP, I'd be pissed. Why trash it with "VMC ripoff" posts?  There are plenty of other threads exposing VMC's shady business practices.  Post in those threads instead.

I know!  Between the hex nuts and cardboard tube slices, that setup easily cost a trip to Dollar General, and its dumpster, and US $0.29 to boot!

Margins man!
bkminer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:31:10 AM

I actually liked the setup post so I deleted my rant and resist the urge to say more.  Roll Eyes
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:34:33 AM

Well I didn't say he put a lot of money into the setup, lol.  But he did go through a lot of trouble documenting his setup.  And I, for one, appreciate it.  I'll never buy a board directly from VMC but I may pick one up secondhand in the future.  Who know when this thread may come in handy.
magzy

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:42:00 AM

Pray to God that you never have to deal with 'customer service' of VMC

(Read from bottom up)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: