 |
Today at 01:03:45 PM |
|
Hello everyone
Let it serve as a warning for you. I have never felt that I trade against people there, and I had no doubt about manipulation going on, but I didn't think they would take it this far. The odds are stacked against you and you will very likely lose your money. Bybit obviously knows your liquidation price when you enter. I am making the case that they also aggressively hunt it as well, as many of them as possible.
The incident in question happened at 05:15 my time, 13th of September this year: The contract in question is LSKUSDT. The position was initially 5000 USDT. The coin was already up around 10x and it's the sort of thing that is 99% sure to come far down again. The question was, how far up first. At the time of writing, it is approximately 0.28 USDT.
I entered short 05:14 my time around 1.02,. In hindsight, my timing was obviously off, but what happened next is basically theft.
Just 4 minutes later, at, 5:18, it reached a high of 1.95, exactly to liquidate me, and then down. I have never seen a more blatant example of an exchange trading against their customers.
Meanwhile at Binance it topped out at 1.235 for this time frame, at 05:17. This is far too big a difference to be a coincidence. In fact, at 05:18, when I got liquidated, the price was even lower, around 1 dollar, against 1.95 at Bybit.....
In 2026 price differences are arbitraged away more efficently than ever. Except when it suits them otherwise.
I contacted my account manager on Whatsapp and he's not responding. The same guy invited me to dinner a while ago, probably seeing how much money I lost. In the correspondance with them, they talk about "volatility". That was never disputed. I will attach the two 1-minute charts for illustration, with text in yellow explaining what happened.
People, stay away. Feel free to repost this wherever you can.
|