|
JunaidAzizi
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:36:03 PM |
|
Is he giving away to the fish? That's totally a new idea i think we should now work on it to educate marine life about Bitcoin. That idea is totally a waste of Satoshis. What if this bottle is not found by anybody? Instead of doing this, if he directly hands it over to someone, then it would be much better. But how will he get those views? These kinds of social media users usually do something that makes no sense, and through that content, they get the views and achieve their target.
|
|
|
|
|
noorman0
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:39:03 PM |
|
Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
He clearly stated his objective in that paper, but I’m not sure how useful it really is, considering that the majority of the world's population is now aware of Bitcoin, albeit with varying perceptions. Unless, of course, that event took place years ago. I think that with ~$7 worth of Bitcoin, he could have done something else to campaign for Bitcoin more effectively and specifically among a larger audience. For instance, by encouraging people to stop using CEXs.
|
|
|
|
osasshem
Full Member
 

Activity: 1232
Merit: 137
Creating a Safer Crypto Ecosystem
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:56:03 PM |
|
The man's intention may not have been stated publicly, but the intentions may be written on the paper that's inside the bottle. If this should stay for a long in the will become valuable that what it is worth now. This is not too far fetched from the Bitcoin pizza day.
This is another way to publicise Bitcoin through the social media for wider audience/coverage.
|
|
|
|
Hazink
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 1036
Merit: 458
Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:58:42 PM |
|
Yes just like you’ve said it I also think it’s just away to create headlines about bitcoin. However it’s will only create more awareness and nothing else.
Headline for bitcoin I don't think so, but I will say the person is basically trying to create and drag engagement for himself using bitcoin while the story is flying on his page and the source is basically being mentioned out of curiosity. Some people might want to follow him to see who will claim the reward or what the next challenge is going to look like. It's a win for the dude and a win for whoever ever finds it.
|
|
|
|
Nothingtodo
Sr. Member
  
Online
Activity: 1106
Merit: 326
Vave.com - Crypto Casino
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 10:48:36 PM |
|
Such a small amount of Bitcoin was originally given to people to puzzle them so that they would think that there might be a huge amount of Bitcoin here. Many people usually do such things for fun, so someone might have written the security seed phase of their Bitcoin wallet in a bottle and done something like that. However, many might think of it as a treasure, but in reality there was nothing like that. However, I sometimes think that if I were to go somewhere and find something like that there, I would be very surprised.
|
|
|
|
Agathamay
Full Member
 

Activity: 476
Merit: 180
Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 11:21:39 PM |
|
I just saw a post from instagram; about a German content creator who threw away a bottle containing Bitcoin, and the amount is more than 8000 satoshi. They said; that the person deliberately did this to give away free Bitcoin to the person who found the bottle, but there was no reason behind it. I tried to find other sources, or references to confirm this information, but I haven't found any. I am still confused about this. Source : instagram.com - Bitcoin via a bottle that was floated into the ocean (You need to translate "Indonesian" to "English" to read it) Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ? I would just agree with them on the assumption that the coin was given away simply because he wanted to give out bitcoin without having to be bias but I'm just thinking that, with this clue, don't you think that, people would want to go find it out? That aside, people can really do crazy things and I don't think the content creator should have done this if truly he just wanted to give out his bitcoin without any strings attached and except he wanted to strictly give out only bitcoin, there are several other things he would have given out in a more safer way than risking people's lives seeking for the container containing bitcoin and there are still possibilities that it would never be found
|
|
|
|
|
knuckey
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 11:44:05 PM |
|
Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
I think it's real because the amount is small, the goal is probably just for fun like a giveaway, and this is not an awareness activity about bitcoin, only a small number of people know to cash out if someone finds it, most people will think it's a scam like a fraudulent SMS that was deliberately made, because to cash out it requires a complicated process if you don't understand anything about bitcoin (crypto)
|
|
|
|
PX-Z
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1409
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 11:53:40 PM |
|
I just saw a post from instagram; about a German content creator who threw away a bottle containing Bitcoin, and the amount is more than 8000 satoshi. They said; that the person deliberately did this to give away free Bitcoin to the person who found the bottle, but there was no reason behind it. I
...
Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
His actions are good, giving money, regardless how he do it. But i expect that bottle shows an instructions how to recover and spend thise coin from a private key or seed on a paper backup inside the bottle, i assume, it is the way. Because if not, those actions of him just make his money go to waste or simply wasting money while engaging followers online on social media.
|
|
|
|
|
Tamaperdana
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 12:06:32 AM |
|
I just saw a post from instagram; about a German content creator who threw away a bottle containing Bitcoin, and the amount is more than 8000 satoshi. They said; that the person deliberately did this to give away free Bitcoin to the person who found the bottle, but there was no reason behind it. I tried to find other sources, or references to confirm this information, but I haven't found any. I am still confused about this. Source : instagram.com - Bitcoin via a bottle that was floated into the ocean (You need to translate "Indonesian" to "English" to read it) Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ? I don't know if this is true or not, but it's interesting, and I think if it's true, this person is the only one who did this. Because as far as I know, no one has ever done something like this. Then, if we talk about his intentions and goals, clearly no one knows, but the most plausible one is that he probably wanted to share his bitcoins with completely random people. That's why he threw the bottle containing the bitcoins into the river. I think this is the most plausible reason. But it could also be that all of this is just a lie, and in fact the bottle didn't contain bitcoins but just an empty wallet phrase paper. Because in this modern era, sometimes there are many ways to seek sensation from others. So yes, that's my personal conclusion, and I also don't know if this is true or not. But if he really wanted to give his bitcoins, it would be better to give them directly to people who need them. That would definitely be better.
|
|
|
|
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1174
Spinly.io - Next-gen Crypto iGaming Platform
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 02:17:48 AM |
|
I just saw a post from instagram; about a German content creator who threw away a bottle containing Bitcoin, and the amount is more than 8000 satoshi. They said; that the person deliberately did this to give away free Bitcoin to the person who found the bottle, but there was no reason behind it. I tried to find other sources, or references to confirm this information, but I haven't found any. I am still confused about this. --- Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
0.00008 BTC is around 7$ right now and depending on who the first person will get that bottle, that's already either a big or small amount already. Well, the fact that you didn't found any credible information about it might be a proof that this is just a made-up one. TBH, there's always a possibility that it's also an AI generated content just to gain views. Who knows? We're on the internet where anything could be faked or be created by AI. True or not, I don't know the main lesson for this one if there is one. Intentions? I can't say for sure, but assuming that this isn't AI-generated, I guess the person just wants to share those Satoshis to some random person out there.
|
░▄████████████▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ ████████████░█▀ ████░▄▄▄███████▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████░███ ████████████░███ ████████████░█▀ | ░▄████████████▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ ████████████░███ ████████████░███ ████████████░███ ████▄▄▄▄████░██▀ ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀ ████░█▀ | ░▄████████████▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ ████████████░█▀ █████████░▄▄▄ █████████░███ ░▄░██████░██▀██▄ ▀▀░██████░▀██▄██ ████████████░█▀ | ░▄███████▀░▄██▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▄██ ████████████░███ ████████████░███ ██░▄░███████░███ ██░█░███████░███ ████████████░███ ████████████░█▀ | ░▄██████▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ ██████░███ ██████░███ ██████░███ ██████░███████▀▄ ██████░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ ████████████░█▀ | ░▄████▀██▄█████▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██ █████████████░███ █████░█░█████░███ █████░▀░█████░███ █████████████░█▀ ██████████░▄▄▄ ██████████░█▀ | ..... Next−Gen Crypto iGaming ..... | | | | | | | Play now |
|
|
|
|
Patikno (OP)
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 10:53:17 AM |
|
The value of the Bitcoins the man sank is relatively small at the moment, but maybe in a few years, or even decades, it could be worth a significant amount. So, it is possible the bottle will be considered a treasure trove, much to the delight of many, especially since there hasn't been any news of its discovery. From this, I suspect the man intended for the Bitcoins he sank to become part of Bitcoin-related stories, or maybe he wanted them to become part of a side story. Just like; other people's stories related to Bitcoin.
|
|
|
|
|
Emitdama
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 11:59:22 AM |
|
Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
Why can't that be real? After all, it was 8,000 satoshis and not 8,000 bitcoins to make it unbelievable for an experiment, and yes, it could be an experiment from him to see if the amount can actually reach someone and whether they are going to access the wallet and use the funds or it is just going to get lost. I don't see anything wrong with that experiment, and I think it's a fun little experiment, and it should be done with multiple bottles, and bottles should be of material that shouldn't easily break or get useless so that even if the bottle travels very long somehow, the paper inside it should be completely okay. Besides, a person who writes down the seed phrase to the wallet containing the funds is not going to forget the wallet himself. I mean, if I'm doing such an experiment, I create a new wallet, add some bitcoins in it, write down the seed phrase on a paper and let it go in the ocean in a bottle, but originally, I still have the seed phrase with me, which means that if nobody finds that bottle after some time, I can still open the wallet and reuse or transfer the funds from there without any problem. It is just that I will need to give it some time, maybe a few months, to see if someone manages to find the seed phrase or not.
|
|
|
|
|
bitLeap
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 12:08:38 PM |
|
For a great creator it's not that hard, he spends money to buy Bitcoin and put it in a bottle and then throw it into the sea, but from the content alone it has paid more than that. But of course don't trust too much what a content creator does, he could just be looking for a sensation. I think of 3 possibilities, which are found by people who understand bitcoin, and found by people who don't understand at all, or no one has ever found it. Regardless of whether it is true or not but he has delivered a very positive message bitcoin.
|
RAZED | | | 100% | WELCOME BONUS | │ | █████████████████████ █████████████████████████ ████████████▀░░░░▀███████ ██████████▀░░▄▀▀▄░░▀█████ ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄░▀████ █████▀░░░░░░░▀██░░█░░████ ████░░████▀▀█░░██▀░░▄████ ████░░████▄▄█░░█░░▄██████ ████░░█▀▀████░░██████████ ████░░█▄▄███▀░░██████████ █████▄░░░░░░░▄███████████ █████████████████████████ █████████████████████ | █████████████████████ █████████████████████████ ██████████▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████ ████████▀░░▄▄█░░▀▄░░█████ ██████▀░░▄█████▄░░▀░░████ █████░░▄████▄▀░░█▄▄░░████ ████░░▄███▄▀░░▄▀██▀░░████ ████░░▀▀██░░▄▀███▀░░█████ ████░░▄░░▀█████▀░░▄██████ █████░░▀▄░░█▀▀░░▄████████ ██████▄▄░░░░░▄▄██████████ █████████████████████████ █████████████████████ | | |
NO KYC | | | RAZE THE LIMITS ► PLAY NOW |
|
|
|
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 5905
🧿🌿🕊️
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 12:41:35 PM |
|
What people won't do for fame. Who saw this piece of paper? Who saw what he wrote on it? I think there's a joke written there for naive people like OP. Instagram is a big dump today. To believe everything they say means to equate yourself with those who are very naive and also just give them your two cents for their own earnings. The only benefit of this post may be that there will be fewer bottles: people will collect them in the hope of this cherished seed phrase. Well, at least it improved the place where bottles litter the ocean.
|
|
|
|
Basels
Jr. Member

Activity: 52
Merit: 6
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 02:27:35 PM |
|
80000 sat is 0.00008 BTC which is less than $7 if bitcoin price is $86000. That is a small amount of money thatmany people can afford to lose. And this is not a loss because it will be for publicity reason but which is very good. Although, bitcoin is too popular than the publicity, but not bad at all.
Yeah, I was just making that calculation. It's not even up to an amount that could have initiated a hunt for the Bitcoin bottle, so it's practically just a publicity stunt, and may be unnecessary distraction. I'd have expected the value of the BTC in the bottle to be at least, $300 so that bounty hunters may be inspired to search for it.
|
|
|
|
|
Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1342
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 03:48:19 PM |
|
For a great creator it's not that hard, he spends money to buy Bitcoin and put it in a bottle and then throw it into the sea, but from the content alone it has paid more than that. But of course don't trust too much what a content creator does, he could just be looking for a sensation. I think of 3 possibilities, which are found by people who understand bitcoin, and found by people who don't understand at all, or no one has ever found it. Regardless of whether it is true or not but he has delivered a very positive message bitcoin.
I think what he has mostly succeeded in doing is creating an awareness about bitcoin because the possibility of someone finding that bottle especially someone who understands bitcoin is very slim. What he just did is just do something different from what no one else has done and grab some of the attention of the public and the good thing about it is that the awareness along the way is a positive one concerning bitcoin because a lot of people will read the story will become more interested to know what bitcoin is and be on the lookout especially those along the route.
|
|
|
|
|
macson
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 04:59:55 PM |
|
Do you think this is real ? Even if it is true, what was the man's intention behind his actions ? Is this meant to create a useful sensation (awareness about Bitcoin) or not ?
From that video, it seems true, especially since it's only around 8000 sat (6.67 USD). I wouldn't have thought that such a small amount would make him lose that much. And I think his message is so simple, that he just wanted to send a message to whoever is in the future that he had found Bitcoin from someone in the past and hoped that person could make good use of the Bitcoin. That is, if the bottle is found and not destroyed by nature, or the next day someone fishing there finds it.
|
|
|
|
|
Barcode_
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 08:02:09 PM |
|
I felt this is just one advertising stunt to promote akademi crypto on the social media. Frankly speaking, I think the chances of random people picking up an empty bottle from the river is kind of low even if they do see a piece of paper inside it, but people who saw this video on Instagram and live somewhere nearby this river might be the group of people who will try to to search for this empty bottle during their free time. From the point of advertising, I felt this content creator have already achieved his purpose as the videos had already generated an astounding of 8400 likes.
|
| DΞX.fo | | | | | | ▄▄██████ █████████ ██████████ ██████████ ██████████ █████████ ▀▀██████
▄███████ ▄██████████ ████████████ █████████████ █████████████ | | | | ▄▄█ ▄████▀ ▄███▀█▄ ▄██▀█▄██ █████▀▀█ ████████ ████████ ▀██▄████ ▄████▄▄█ ▄█████▀███ ▄█████▀████▀ █████▀███████ ▀██▀█████████ | | | | | ..BTC......XMR... ..USDT.....LTC... ....Fees 0.8%..... |
|
|
|
coinlary
Sr. Member
  
Online
Activity: 798
Merit: 298
Make decisions without looking back
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 09:33:20 PM |
|
80000 sat is 0.00008 BTC which is less than $7 if bitcoin price is $86000. Imagine finding a seedphrase in a bottle excited that you may have stumbled on generational wealth only to find $7 in it  With how much stuffs gets disposed wrongly I would not be surprised if no one finds this at all and anyone who does, does not bother to check what may be in it or are not familiar with bitcoin. I will return it back to the river so another person can suffer same fate 
|
|
|
|
|
BABY SHOES
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 09:50:13 PM Merited by vapourminer (1) |
|
I felt this is just one advertising stunt to promote akademi crypto on the social media. Frankly speaking, I think the chances of random people picking up an empty bottle from the river is kind of low even if they do see a piece of paper inside it, but people who saw this video on Instagram and live somewhere nearby this river might be the group of people who will try to to search for this empty bottle during their free time. From the point of advertising, I felt this content creator have already achieved his purpose as the videos had already generated an astounding of 8400 likes.
I don't think so, with what is reported by The Akademi Crypto there is indeed a source, and the news was published in April 2026 on the Youtube channel "Hallo Bitcoin". [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCGuEmrzVM[2] https://x.com/hallo_bitcoinSo Akademi Crypto only tells about BTC and crypto with a unique story and this is one of them. A video maker who throws away his bottle with paper content for only a few dollars, while he still benefits from monetization on his Youtube, he has nothing to lose but will continue to... I think the goal is to make this content viral among the bitcoin community.
|
| .SHUFFLE.COM.. | ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ | ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████████ | . ...Next Generation Crypto Casino... |
|
|
|
|