Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation)  (Read 82578 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:46:32 PM

Even if i was being hypocritical or even if i was the devil it changes none of the facts in the OP.

There is no if. You were.

As for the facts of the op, they are sensationalist bullshit. OP doesn't even know what he reads, or if he does know what he reads, he intentionally misrepresents it.

I'm talking specifically about the "2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold" red bolded part.

That was part of the airdrop plan. If the airdrop happened, it would be programmed to create new coins. These would be in a certain address that the dev would control for a period of time so that he could then distribute the coins to those who would receive them. It's logical. OP took that part and misrepresented it that the dev has 50% of the coins, apparently with malicious intent.

1. it's okay to launch without a windows qt or pools, because some people don't mine at all or know about crypto. Best put that to vote on the main section.

No, I'm saying there is no such thing as "fair". You can define it any way you want, but there is no consensus. Most people mean fair = what's convenient for me.

A GPU coin can be "unfair" for CPU users. A coin that has no mac wallet can be "unfair" for mac users. A coin that has no windows wallet can be "unfair" for windows users. A coin that people don't know about it can be "unfair" (bitcoin) for those who lack awareness. Even electric cost per area makes coin profitable or unprofitable depending where one is mining them - and thus for some it's "fair" and for some it's "unfair" because they cannot participate in mining. It's all extremely relative.

2. all fast pow mining coins that jump to POS after a couple of weeks are classed as instamine?

Yes they are. Because they are mined during a very narrow window of time, essentially giving the entire monetary base (not a small percentage of it) in a few days (which, compared to decades-long-lifetime of a coin, is just an instant).

Of course that has the benefit of zero inflation later on but someone who discovered the coin a week late can say "fuck this, I have to buy it from bagholders". Absolutely zero chance of mining himself. In this regard DRK is infinitely fairer than any such mining scheme. And it was far cheaper too to buy, not only after a few days, but for weeks and months.

To me instamine is where the dev team or handful of miners get unfair advantage to mine over other miners at launch and pick up the easy coins in bulk. These new fast POW stage coins are not essentially instamine to me if they are announced and everyone has a fair chance to mine against each other. Where no person gets advantage.

Instamine is instamine, announcement or not, participation or not. It all has to do with the rate of issuance over a given time.

Let's get serious too, even WC that shit coin version the first dev made had a diff retarget that actually worked to STOP instamining it retargeted very fast. DRK's diff stuck at super low with blocks on super high = steroid instamining powers right there + no competition from windows miners or pools.

Steroids?

DRK's instamine was SLOWER than any instamine of PoW/PoS hybrid. Do the math. 2 million coins in 48hrs. To get to 84mn coins (22mn limit was implemented in March) you'd need 84 days (assuming diff remained the same and 500-coin blocks were issued). Even if I count it with 2mn per day, you'd still need 42 days to get to the 84mn limit. And even if I adjust it to today's current max of 22mn coins, it'd take 22 and 11 days respectively (for a production of 1mn coins per day and 2mn coins per day).

Nothing you have said changes the facts in the OP.

Read above about the blatant sensationalism bs of the OP.

Just admit it had a instamined unfair start and that's it. I mean you guys justifying it keep bumping this thread more those do that refute your claims that the instamine was fair or had justification.

This has been covered extensively. The dev himself has said I screwed up with the launch: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

...If he didn't believe there was a problem why would he ever propose to fix it through the airdrop (which was voted down)? What's more to admit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R4v37

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:50:38 PM

wow, MONEY!!!
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

A fresh look at Darkcoin

http://www.judgecrypto.com/news/a-fresh-look-at-darkcoin

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com

PS... If you see any corrections that need to be made please leave feedback on my site
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:10:53 PM

Like i said, tell everyone else on the forum they should all turn up at launches and expect no pools nor windows qt

Don't forget to remind everybody that Darkcoin was launched with no Windows wallet and no pools  Wink

I think you might not have emphasised that point enough.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:22:42 PM

Even if i was being hypocritical or even if i was the devil it changes none of the facts in the OP.

There is no if. You were.

As for the facts of the op, they are sensationalist bullshit. OP doesn't even know what he reads, or if he does know what he reads, he intentionally misrepresents it.

I'm talking specifically about the "2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold" red bolded part.

That was part of the airdrop plan. If the airdrop happened, it would be programmed to create new coins. These would be in a certain address that the dev would control for a period of time so that he could then distribute the coins to those who would receive them. It's logical. OP took that part and misrepresented it that the dev has 50% of the coins, apparently with malicious intent.

1. it's okay to launch without a windows qt or pools, because some people don't mine at all or know about crypto. Best put that to vote on the main section.

No, I'm saying there is no such thing as "fair". You can define it any way you want, but there is no consensus. Most people mean fair = what's convenient for me.

A GPU coin can be "unfair" for CPU users. A coin that has no mac wallet can be "unfair" for mac users. A coin that has no windows wallet can be "unfair" for windows users. A coin that people don't know about it can be "unfair" (bitcoin) for those who lack awareness. Even electric cost per area makes coin profitable or unprofitable depending where one is mining them - and thus for some it's "fair" and for some it's "unfair" because they cannot participate in mining. It's all extremely relative.

2. all fast pow mining coins that jump to POS after a couple of weeks are classed as instamine?

Yes they are. Because they are mined during a very narrow window of time, essentially giving the entire monetary base (not a small percentage of it) in a few days (which, compared to decades-long-lifetime of a coin, is just an instant).

Of course that has the benefit of zero inflation later on but someone who discovered the coin a week late can say "fuck this, I have to buy it from bagholders". Absolutely zero chance of mining himself. In this regard DRK is infinitely fairer than any such mining scheme. And it was far cheaper too to buy, not only after a few days, but for weeks and months.

To me instamine is where the dev team or handful of miners get unfair advantage to mine over other miners at launch and pick up the easy coins in bulk. These new fast POW stage coins are not essentially instamine to me if they are announced and everyone has a fair chance to mine against each other. Where no person gets advantage.

Instamine is instamine, announcement or not, participation or not. It all has to do with the rate of issuance over a given time.

Let's get serious too, even WC that shit coin version the first dev made had a diff retarget that actually worked to STOP instamining it retargeted very fast. DRK's diff stuck at super low with blocks on super high = steroid instamining powers right there + no competition from windows miners or pools.

Steroids?

DRK's instamine was SLOWER than any instamine of PoW/PoS hybrid. Do the math. 2 million coins in 48hrs. To get to 84mn coins (22mn limit was implemented in March) you'd need 84 days (assuming diff remained the same and 500-coin blocks were issued). Even if I count it with 2mn per day, you'd still need 42 days to get to the 84mn limit. And even if I adjust it to today's current max of 22mn coins, it'd take 22 and 11 days respectively (for a production of 1mn coins per day and 2mn coins per day).

Nothing you have said changes the facts in the OP.

Read above about the blatant sensationalism bs of the OP.

Just admit it had a instamined unfair start and that's it. I mean you guys justifying it keep bumping this thread more those do that refute your claims that the instamine was fair or had justification.

This has been covered extensively. The dev himself has said I screwed up with the launch: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

...If he didn't believe there was a problem why would he ever propose to fix it through the airdrop (which was voted down)? What's more to admit?

Again let's recap.

we differ on what efforts should be made by the dev to ensure fairness at launch of POW.

99% of devs release their coins with a working windows qt and pools. This is seen as fair by the majority of the board. Ask the board about defining fair launch. Put it to the test, open a thread and ask should coins be released with a windows qt and pools or not. I think the answer you get will be clear. Yes life isn't fair but that's just not a good answer. Like you said this is part of why the dev himself offered to do the air drop since he knows it was not the correct thing to do... push ahead with no windows qt and no pools.  I told him this before he launched but he didn't listen. If he just wanted to launch on time or if he really did do it to grab up a ton of coins with no competition who can say.

We differ on the instamine...

Although i think some of the pow phases are getting way too short, there is no chance you will convince me they are instamine above and beyond dark. Like i say when WC first hit exchanges and you bought some you were buying from 100's of people, all which were able to mine at the start and had the same opportunity to mine either via pool or solo for a few mins. When drk first hit exchanges you were buying from only a handful of people that instamined all of the easy coins. This to me displays that the instamine (concentrated coin uptake by a few persons including the dev whom had unfair advantage to mine over others that rely on windows wallets and pools) was a serious issue. This again is part of the reason the dev offered to do the air drop. There can be no doubt that 50% ish of all current minting was taken by just a few people.

The fact the dev offered to do the airdrop, and i believe he was serious about it was enough to tell me he was not out just for quick profits but wanted his coin and hard work to go on to something bigger and actually return larger profits long term. The community forced him to go back on that.

But just accept it was a very bad start, followed by more shady slashing of the minting and move on. I guess he's put a lot of work in and perhaps deserves his 10% or whatever he holds. The linux instaminers that grabbed a huge bunch of the loot though got lucky here. I would hate to see other devs making the same mistakes in future.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:01:29 PM

The linux instaminers that grabbed a huge bunch of the loot though got lucky here

How much of their holdings do those Linux instaminers still have left ?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

Although i think some of the pow phases are getting way too short, there is no chance you will convince me they are instamine above and beyond dark.

It's pure numbers. There's nothing to convince you really. Coins issuing rate / max supply and you can compare, say, DRK to a PoS/PoW hybrid. Hybrids are much faster instaminers - and not for just the first few coins, but all of the coins.

When drk first hit exchanges you were buying from only a handful of people that instamined all of the easy coins.

Coin issue rate was good for the next ten-fifteen days too (beyond the first 48hrs). DRK's block reward is adjusted by hashpower, so back in late january when I started mining with my celeron @2.4, I was getting almost 25 DRK per day. And I know I sold like 50 of them at 0.0005 in early feb. And then the price went to 0.002.

There can be no doubt that 50% ish of all current minting was taken by just a few people.

The first few miners got the coins. That's a fact. What we disagree is the implication this had for purposes of "fair distribution" - as I was there when the coin hit the exchanges at prices like 0.0000x per DRK.

Most instaminers didn't value their coins, thus allowing massive re-distribution at dirt-cheap prices. People don't generally value things they get in abundance.

The main fallacy of the "oh drk scam" etc is that it implies that the distribution of the first 48hrs remained fixed for eternity, when coins were already changing hands hours after the first miners arrived.

The fact the dev offered to do the airdrop, and i believe he was serious about it was enough to tell me he was not out just for quick profits but wanted his coin and hard work to go on to something bigger and actually return larger profits long term. The community forced him to go back on that.

The community was asked and it replied. And, IMO, they took the fair choice as coin distribution was already a non issue. There was so much dumping in the start, plus so many waves of dumping from feb to april. By that point there was not much to "fix". The coins had circulated.

But just accept it was a very bad start

It was.

followed by more shady slashing of the minting and move on.

Not really shady. People were asked and the decision was made with a poll.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:52:02 AM

Although i think some of the pow phases are getting way too short, there is no chance you will convince me they are instamine above and beyond dark.

It's pure numbers. There's nothing to convince you really. Coins issuing rate / max supply and you can compare, say, DRK to a PoS/PoW hybrid. Hybrids are much faster instaminers - and not for just the first few coins, but all of the coins.

When drk first hit exchanges you were buying from only a handful of people that instamined all of the easy coins.

Coin issue rate was good for the next ten-fifteen days too (beyond the first 48hrs). DRK's block reward is adjusted by hashpower, so back in late january when I started mining with my celeron @2.4, I was getting almost 25 DRK per day. And I know I sold like 50 of them at 0.0005 in early feb. And then the price went to 0.002.

There can be no doubt that 50% ish of all current minting was taken by just a few people.

The first few miners got the coins. That's a fact. What we disagree is the implication this had for purposes of "fair distribution" - as I was there when the coin hit the exchanges at prices like 0.0000x per DRK.

Most instaminers didn't value their coins, thus allowing massive re-distribution at dirt-cheap prices. People don't generally value things they get in abundance.

The main fallacy of the "oh drk scam" etc is that it implies that the distribution of the first 48hrs remained fixed for eternity, when coins were already changing hands hours after the first miners arrived.

The community was asked and it replied. And, IMO, they took the fair choice as coin distribution was already a non issue. There was so much dumping in the start, plus so many waves of dumping from feb to april. By that point there was not much to "fix". The coins had circulated.

But just accept it was a very bad start

It was.

followed by more shady slashing of the minting and move on.

Not really shady. People were asked and the decision was made with a poll.

Instamine does not mean the same thing to you as it does to me. To me if everyone at an announced launch has fair opportunity to mine and the diff retargets every block there can be NO instamine advantage for any person. This is just an accelerated mining phase that everyone can either choose to take part in or not. I hope if these POW phases keep getting shorter and shorter people will eventually say this is just silly now although sure if everyone turns up to mine and the launch goes well then everyone at the launch got a chance but even so. Brings into question the 100% premined coins, i mean are they the very most fair type of distribution.... anyone can get some coins without having hardware? to me yes they are quite fair if done correctly. However to you they would seem unfair since they are given out sometimes in just a day or two so that would be way too fast for your liking.

Instamine to me is when the dev, or a group of people have an unfair advantage early on and get to instantly mine for themselves a huge bunch of easy coins. That is instamine to me.

Instamine can't just be a coin with accelerated POW phase, else instamine is not a scam, you choose to mine or not? everyone has the same chance everyone has a choice. In this case instamine isn't worth talking about.

The slashing of the minting again was nasty.

The decision for no airdrop was NOT made with the poll. The poll was removed within hours, the dev was ordered to remove it by drk whales and investors. If you doubt this ask him to put the poll up again and leave it there for a few days Smiley i think you'll see a poll would have a different outcome... However, perhaps it is unfair to expect investors that bough in way after the launch and after the minting was slashed to take a short term price cut. There is no fixing this issue now i guess. However the point is to make sure enough fuss is made about this that other devs don't repeat the same mistakes again.

Let's be honest if you didn't mine or hold drk right now you would not be trying to defend any of this. If i had been one of the linux instaminers of course i wouldn't be here talking about it either if i still held a ton of drk. However the facts are there for anyone to examine. If people feel the instamine is bad but it is still worth investing in drk that is their choice.

However taking personal investment away from the equation. EVERYONE on this board would agree you are arguing in favour of things that are obviously shady. I mean would this really look like a good guide for all new coin devs to follow?

create some polls and ask.

1. should all new coins be launched with no windows qt and no pools?

2. should all new coins with no windows qt and no pools also get their diff jammed down super low whilst none of you windows users can mine?

3. should we later cut the minting back 75% so you guys that have no coins find it way harder to get a decent amount of coins in the future?

4. If we do all of the above should we air drop you guys a big bunch of free coins to make up for it?

answers i predict are...

1. Is that a serious question...nfw
2. WTF
3. EviL mofos
4. That is the least you can do!!!!

answers from drk coin instaminers

1. windows is for morons - ban windows wallets at launches
2. of course we love to see our wallets filling with easy coins
3. hehe of course pump my holding % up baby
4. I suddenly hate you ED, i'm dumping all my drk if you even consider such a move remove the poll right now.

Let's not argue further. You have your views, i have the facts. They would actually be in alignment if you were not holding dark and i'm sure they are in alignment regarding new coin launches.

Same for everyone, all scams are bad except if they are of benefit to ourselves at the time.

Drk is not the worst of them all, at least the dev puts in a lot of work. I personally wouldn't mind him having premined 10% and done a fair launch. Better than letting those linux coin rapists take it all.

Perhaps though like you say, hopefully some of them dumped out for cheap and didn't just spread their loot over multiple wallets.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:51:56 AM

hey Mark was great at ripping off all you Gox'tards so he deserves to keep the half billion dollars worth of bitcoin he stole right ?

Slightly desperate analogy Spoetnik.

Mark was running an exchange.

Some miners (like about 5 desperate trollers who get eaten up by this issue every day) don't like Darkcoin because the dev F*cked up the launch. But the story ends there. It's history now and and neither the market nor the mining community have a problem with it any more.

Who to take more seriously when making investment decisions ? The 5 trollers rattling around in their can daily on this thread or the 60 GH/s that's on that coin right now ?

Silly question really  Wink

EXACTLY i couldn't have said it better myself

you just said..

the dev F*cked up the launch

and you also just said..

It's history now

precisely it's HISTORY and YES history does in fact matter with a coin.
you don't get to sweep dirt under the rug and pretend nothing shady happened sorry not happening..

you see the problem is many people are denying these facts you just admitted.. hence the replies..
because you DRK fanboys are lying about the coin to get people involved.. and who do you want to take trade advice from ?
me who is calling out a liar or a scamming liar ?

and i am not a troll and neither are any of the other guys.. we have done nothing at all but state the FACTS
Telling the truth to counter people lying is not trolling sorry lol
look up the definition of trolling please because your using it wrong..

I am not "eaten up" by dark coin nor do i hate the coin i hate liars              .
i couldn't care less about the coin to be honest and i actually tried mining it a bit 48 hrs ago roughly lol
but when you scammy crypto-douche bags run around lying and playing game to trick people and pad your wallets
THAT i have a problem with.. the coin itself is pretty much irrelevant..
because you sleazy pricks will simply start lying and scamming about the next coin.. you guys don't give it a rest
you can watch your post history and see you playing all kinds of games trying to sucker noobs for cash  Roll Eyes

if anyone is trolling it's you buddy..

FUD first & ask questions later™
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

Complete trash article like most articles about Darkcoin.  You conveniently left out all the huge, negative, red alarm signs about the coin such as block rewards being set to 500 at launch, then later lowered to 50, then even later having the money supply lowered from 80 million to 20 million to make the flash mine even more valuable.  There are actual scam coins, coins designed from day one to be scams that have less shadier launches than this coin.

There's absolutely no reason to use Darkcoin once the anonymous functions are open sourced instead of implementing it into a somewhat legit coin.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:16:01 AM

Cryptohunter is busy with whitecoin... a coin which the entirety of the monetary base is instamined in a few days and then no-one can mine it, like, forever. You'll just have to buy it from existing owners while mining ...something else.

Obviously he cares about the wellbeing and fairness towards future miners Grin

LOL hello another attempt at distraction from drks shady start..... even WC was launched with a windows qt and pools so everyone had a fair chance to mine? don't you get that? if everyone has the same chance it is fair? is this a hard concept to understand?  In this respect it was no different from mint, bc, any other of the fast minting pos coins? what exactly is your point?

So you say all short POW cycle coins are bad? even if everyone has a fair chance to mine at launch? really explain yourself?

Take into account WC had 70GH and many multipools on this for days. If you are buying from the WC market place you will be buying from a huge amount of people. If you are buying dark you are buying from a handfull of big whales that have spread their loot.

Yeah the dev made a shit coin that couldn't generate POS. The community were shafted. Do i support WC original dev OF COURSE NOT. The original dev is a scum bag and this is why i say all premines and instamines are bad and need regulation. DRK has one of the worst instamine of them all and sets a very bad example.

Yeah i'm really busy with WC, i am on many threads WC is not a major concern to me i can assure you. I have many many coins that i take interest in.

I'm bored of the entire subject like i said on the last thread. If you drk holders can NOT prove the things in the OP didn't happen  (which you can't because they did happen) then stfu and get back to you own drk dirty thread and stop spamming the main section with your drk coins spam ..... i see more drk coin spam on the main board than all other coins put together.

Face your coin was and is a scam and get on with profiting from noobs that think that drk will make them rich until they realise........that it will not. If you didn't buy in a long time ago or were one of the instaminers then get ready for a rough ride.

All you can do is repeat your rubbish about the start and you concentrate on the past - it has been so widely distributed its not even an issue anymore.....we are all looking toward the future - I feel sorry for you
jenveno

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:35:03 AM

Its the first fully anonymous coin. Use as you wish! I'll be using it for sure.

A I R W A L L E T │    The Gold Standard of Airdrops  
 ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:30:06 AM

There's absolutely no reason to use Darkcoin once the anonymous functions are open sourced instead of implementing it into a somewhat legit coin.

Take other's people's work and try to cash out. Yep. That's legit alright Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:39:25 AM

The decision for no airdrop was NOT made with the poll. The poll was removed within hours, the dev was ordered to remove it by drk whales and investors. If you doubt this ask him to put the poll up again and leave it there for a few days Smiley i think you'll see a poll would have a different outcome...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

The discussion thread inside ANN Darkcoin was massively negative about the airdrop. The poll was against it too. There is no indication that the result would be different as the percentages were fairly repetitive as the vote count was going up.

However, perhaps it is unfair to expect investors that bough in way after the launch and after the minting was slashed to take a short term price cut. There is no fixing this issue now i guess. However the point is to make sure enough fuss is made about this that other devs don't repeat the same mistakes again.

Let's be honest if you didn't mine or hold drk right now you would not be trying to defend any of this.

If i had been one of the linux instaminers of course i wouldn't be here talking about it either if i still held a ton of drk.

I've both mined and own DRKs. However I joined late january, and I'm not the "instaminer" group of miners. That doesn't mean I hadn't the chance to buy shitloads of DRK for pennies (although I didn't and I am very regretful of it). Nor am I a DRK bagholder - the number of coins I have is small (small mining rig consisting of celeron cpu + 6850 + 5830).
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:22:27 AM

Telling the truth to counter people lying is not trolling

R.O.T.F.W.L.

A terrier barking at a tree. What you don't seem to realise is that nobody's arguing with you about the so called "facts". Nor is the main thrust of your posts about "facts" as you keep trying to convince everyone of.

It's the implications of those facts and the original intent that are under debate.

So stfu with the the ethical grandstanding and the "..hey man, all I'm doing is presenting the facts " crap.

you sleazy pricks will simply start lying and scamming about the next coin.. you guys don't give it a rest
you can watch your post history and see you playing all kinds of games trying to sucker noobs for cash

Nice. I think I rest my case  Wink

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:23:34 AM

Cryptohunter is busy with whitecoin... a coin which the entirety of the monetary base is instamined in a few days and then no-one can mine it, like, forever. You'll just have to buy it from existing owners while mining ...something else.

Obviously he cares about the wellbeing and fairness towards future miners Grin

LOL hello another attempt at distraction from drks shady start..... even WC was launched with a windows qt and pools so everyone had a fair chance to mine? don't you get that? if everyone has the same chance it is fair? is this a hard concept to understand?  In this respect it was no different from mint, bc, any other of the fast minting pos coins? what exactly is your point?

So you say all short POW cycle coins are bad? even if everyone has a fair chance to mine at launch? really explain yourself?

Take into account WC had 70GH and many multipools on this for days. If you are buying from the WC market place you will be buying from a huge amount of people. If you are buying dark you are buying from a handfull of big whales that have spread their loot.

Yeah the dev made a shit coin that couldn't generate POS. The community were shafted. Do i support WC original dev OF COURSE NOT. The original dev is a scum bag and this is why i say all premines and instamines are bad and need regulation. DRK has one of the worst instamine of them all and sets a very bad example.

Yeah i'm really busy with WC, i am on many threads WC is not a major concern to me i can assure you. I have many many coins that i take interest in.

I'm bored of the entire subject like i said on the last thread. If you drk holders can NOT prove the things in the OP didn't happen  (which you can't because they did happen) then stfu and get back to you own drk dirty thread and stop spamming the main section with your drk coins spam ..... i see more drk coin spam on the main board than all other coins put together.

Face your coin was and is a scam and get on with profiting from noobs that think that drk will make them rich until they realise........that it will not. If you didn't buy in a long time ago or were one of the instaminers then get ready for a rough ride.

All you can do is repeat your rubbish about the start and you concentrate on the past - it has been so widely distributed its not even an issue anymore.....we are all looking toward the future - I feel sorry for you

i feel sorry for YOU and the poor noobs you guys rip of with lies..

and by the way..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:25:41 AM

Telling the truth to counter people lying is not trolling

R.O.T.F.W.L.

A terrier barking at a tree. What you don't seem to realise is that nobody's arguing with you about the so called "facts". Nor is the main thrust of your posts about "facts" as you keep trying to convince everyone of.

It's the implications of those facts and the original intent that are under debate.

So stfu with the the ethical grandstanding and the "..hey man, all I'm doing is presenting the facts " crap.

you sleazy pricks will simply start lying and scamming about the next coin.. you guys don't give it a rest
you can watch your post history and see you playing all kinds of games trying to sucker noobs for cash

Nice. I think I rest my case  Wink

bs.

and please do, your making yourself look like an idiot and YES i am better than you and i will grandstand high and tall and proud.. deal with it.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:40:40 AM

your making yourself look like an idiot and YES i am better than you and i will grandstand high and tall and proud.. deal with it.

Well, maybe I should consider it an honour being on the receiving end of your vitriolic posts then Smiley

I'll have to start a new thread..."You've been Spoetnik'd"... for said anointed ones.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:17:58 AM

Its the first fully anonymous coin. Use as you wish! I'll be using it for sure.
You keep saying this, but what about Bytecoin?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

The decision for no airdrop was NOT made with the poll. The poll was removed within hours, the dev was ordered to remove it by drk whales and investors. If you doubt this ask him to put the poll up again and leave it there for a few days Smiley i think you'll see a poll would have a different outcome...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

The discussion thread inside ANN Darkcoin was massively negative about the airdrop. The poll was against it too. There is no indication that the result would be different as the percentages were fairly repetitive as the vote count was going up.

However, perhaps it is unfair to expect investors that bough in way after the launch and after the minting was slashed to take a short term price cut. There is no fixing this issue now i guess. However the point is to make sure enough fuss is made about this that other devs don't repeat the same mistakes again.

Let's be honest if you didn't mine or hold drk right now you would not be trying to defend any of this.

If i had been one of the linux instaminers of course i wouldn't be here talking about it either if i still held a ton of drk.

I've both mined and own DRKs. However I joined late january, and I'm not the "instaminer" group of miners. That doesn't mean I hadn't the chance to buy shitloads of DRK for pennies (although I didn't and I am very regretful of it). Nor am I a DRK bagholder - the number of coins I have is small (small mining rig consisting of celeron cpu + 6850 + 5830).

The poll was announced in the drk thread so they all jumped on the poll and voted before anyone else really noticed there was one. If you really believe a poll left up for a week (to give people a fair chance to vote) on this board asking members if they want free dark coins would result in a no vote i'm afraid you need to take a reality check. Make the poll and post it up for a week. You will have your answer clearly then.

Do you want free money? errr let me think about that for a second. May as well vote yes i suppose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: