Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting my hand up to be the unofficial bitcoin marketeer  (Read 3357 times)
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 04:20:58 PM

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 04:49:22 PM

count me in.
i can code, but there are people probably more qualified than me. so i will likely do testing, translating from/to german, be a smart ass and do research.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 06:19:21 PM

Meh, if it's unofficial just do it.

Id only be interested if there was a significant amount of people willing to support and donate some hours to develop some systems/software/sites etc.

Some level of coordination, cooperation and direction will be required.

If you have good idea's, Ill gladly contribute to the realization of them on a per case basis. If your idea's suck imo, your on your own. So I dont see the point of pledging anything at this point.  Wanting 100 people to 'vote' for you seems little more than ego tripping, no offense.

Well it just makes the job a lot easier,  im not going to volunteer to do the marketing without support.  
A case by case situation is probably not a bad idea though, will take it on board

I feel some missteps may happen along the way, but Mitchell has proven his ability of starting a project and seeing it to fruition--e.g., The Prague Convention. Remember, he started with nothing during the middle of this year in a small apartment in Romania, putting full energy into that project in conjunction which investing time in other projects he continues to work on. I wish I had his (damn! I can't conjure up the best word to place here).

~Bruno~

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 06:31:14 PM

Its nothing personal. And that is basically my whole point too.
 Im not gonna pledge some blanket support when I have no intentions of supporting daft ideas, no matter who formulates them.

Likewise Ill gladly contribute if I feel I can contribute to what I consider good ideas.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 06:45:06 PM

Mitchell I just shared a Google Doc with you that outlines the feature sets we'd like to see for different wallet skill levels. 

This is what we will be promoting with lovebitcoins, so most of the developers already know where the holes are in the product mix, but it would be great if you can help contribute and promote this also!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 07:21:16 PM

Its nothing personal. And that is basically my whole point too.
 Im not gonna pledge some blanket support when I have no intentions of supporting daft ideas, no matter who formulates them.

Likewise Ill gladly contribute if I feel I can contribute to what I consider good ideas.

This is exactly what Mitchell would expect from a supporter. Someone to punch wholes in a proposed marketing ploy, or embrace and contribute to an idea in development. Whether a name appears on a 'list of 100 supporters' or not, all in this community will be able to offer up their input on some future thread on this BBS that'll be marketing related. Mitchell will just so happen be the one currently with the baton, while we're in the orchestra pit... (I'm sure there's a great analogy hidden within--somewhere).

~Bruno~
Bitcoin 100

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:41:34 AM

I'm not apologizing for this bump!

Surely, if a thread already existed, started by worldly, that encompasses all things considered Bitcoin marketing, 100+ different users would have contributed to it in their own unique way, either by offering up simple verbiage, volunteering on some project, or donating any products or services asked for. All that is being asked for now is to simply pledge your name, thus declaring that down the road anything you could possibly do to help the marketing program, chances are you'll probably do it. Even a damn troll can pledge his support, knowing that when the time comes, he'll be there to disrupt the process with his...with his...with his whatever (I'm sure there's a good 'with his' in there somewhere). There's no need to outline what or how you'll support worldly with this marketing endeavor. We all know that when the time comes and something's needed, it may even be provided by someone not even on the list.

That said, what I would like to read in all of the next 95 posts is, "Count me in!"

~Bruno~
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:50:46 AM

Willing to help where I can.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 07:17:09 AM

Willing to help where I can. = Count me in!
amencon

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:18:37 AM

Hah whoops yes that's what I meant.  Thanks for the correction.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:46:53 AM

Mitchell has my full suppport. I too would like to see these efforts somehow included with the lovebitcoins.org site.

+1 Not sure what I can contribute, but I'll do what I can.

Ditto

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 07:59:10 AM

I wasn't being a butthead when I penned that. It was only meant as humor, coupled with acknowledging your pledge, so to speak, amencon. I wasn't trying to correct you. But, on the other hand, that 'Ditto' post above...
amencon

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 08:32:54 AM

I wasn't being a butthead when I penned that. It was only meant as humor, coupled with acknowledging your pledge, so to speak, amencon. I wasn't trying to correct you. But, on the other hand, that 'Ditto' post above...

It's all good Bruno, that's exactly how I took it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 09:20:47 AM

It's all good Bruno, that's exactly how I took it.

Great! Going to bed now. When I wake up, I want to read at least 5 more people pledging their support, otherwise I'm going to start a thread, petitioning for the welcoming back of BW and the return-to-us Harv.  Grin

Nite, all!

Bruno~~~
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:52:12 AM

I am already in the 'make mobile Bitcoin easy' business.
Count me in!

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 10:16:58 AM

Meh, if it's unofficial just do it.

Id only be interested if there was a significant amount of people willing to support and donate some hours to develop some systems/software/sites etc.

Some level of coordination, cooperation and direction will be required.

If you have good idea's, Ill gladly contribute to the realization of them on a per case basis. If I think your idea sucks (like trying to convert a Philippine village to bitcoin), you're on your own. So I dont see the point of pledging anything at this point.  Wanting 100 people to 'vote' for you seems little more than ego tripping, no offense.

I agree with this completely. 

Asking for general blind support is weird, and a little off-putting.  If you want people to follow you need to present a plan and have specific suggestions on how people can help.   
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 10:59:34 AM

RE: worldly asking for pledges.

The way I think of it: if you were a developer you would only take a job if the employer was going to provide the basics - a computer, network, basic organisational services etc.   You need to know the basic tools are available for you to do your job properly.  

For a soft skill such as marketing 'people' are the main resource that is to be used (actually it is 'human capital').    Worldy needs to know he has access to sufficient human capital that he can get his plans actually implemented.  Also I imagine some marketing campaigns are only practical when you have a sufficient number of people working on it.   He needs to know what kind of numbers he has access to.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 02:13:36 PM

thats reasonable.
on the other hand, the forum probably only has a few thousand people that are possible candidates (having good english skills, are enthusiastic enough, have enough time on their hands). getting hundred of them active on one single project is a really tall order. have you read me review/summary of all new and still active bitcoin projects and services of 2011? i am pretty sure all of them combined dont have one hundred people at their disposal.
i think settling for 20-50 people is more realistic. first stage is research and planning anyway and that doesnt require that much manpower. when you have a concrete and practical plan how, where and when you can successfully introduce bitcoin its much more likely to get people onboard.
right now many are hesitant, because they have no i idea what worldly might come up with. they wont commit until they know, no matter how good his track record is.
bitcoinbetas

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:44:49 PM

Wordly seems like a good candidate Grin
reg

Activity: 463

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 12:37:56 AM

as one of the origional four musketeers (to change the world to a better place) I read some of the comments on the thread. Yes there are diverse ways of promoting BTC but thats good it reaches out to diverse needs. Co-ordinating these efforts  smacks of central control (again). Just so anyone can look through and find something that suits them is good enough for now I think and if they promote it - job started! heres what I am just registering for  http://iwantfreebitcoins.com/5603    anyone is welcome to follow and the magic word its FREE.  reg.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: