Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:54:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Gen Mining platform: 500k TabLUTs @ 2GHz ABAX 2P1 Processor  (Read 2169 times)
JuenoMT (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Founder of The Bit Bit Forum

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:06:12 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 08:03:31 PM by JuenoMT

Hi,

Wanting to get together development team and donations/investors to start work on the next Gen of mining hardware.

Just check out this link then post if you are interested.==> http://www.tabula.com/products/abax_22nm.php

EDIT: I am just trying to find out if there is any interest, if we can come up with a viable plan then we can proceed, otherwise we can at least get a few eggs together and come up with a few new solutions. LET'S JUST HAVE FUN WITH-IT!!

*** Some additional information:

I am a student currently working towards a PHD at the WSU College of Computer Engineering /w second major in Physics /w an emphasis on Artificial Intelligence and Theoretical Physics.

This project has three major goals:

1. To learn valuable technical skills.
    2. To advance the cause of the BTCitcoin Ideology
    3. To generate a reasonable income to support myself while I attend college, pay for my degree and fund the many scientific and engineering research projects that I would like to tackle.

We are not expecting to receive funding directly for the hardware. Escrow through John K. will be the preferred method and provided are the following options;

1. Anonymous investments, for those who want to help but don't want to mess with the details.

2. Community Investor, for investors who simply wish to contribute for the sake of the community. Each Community Investor will have their names honored in a List of Community Investors and those who contribute over a certain amount will have the option to receive a Honorary plaque for Community Investors with their name and donation amount engraved.

3. Investments for expected returns, this is for those who hope or expect a return on their invesrment funds. It is way to early to make any promises or make claims about compensation but likely returns will include a portion of mining profits from the initial mining farm beta tests, free single beta testing units and first dibs on hardware units when available. Other profit incentives will come later as things develop.

Of course any outright donations will be greatly appreciated and will help cover administrative costs and can be made to this address BTC19F5aNYpRpXBt56pZggs8u2sSrizb8xoac

Thanks for your time, hope you will join us!

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:32:05 PM

And i want to get together with my friends to develop 1Thash chip next next Gen of mining hardware.

Please donate to me!

JuenoMT (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

And i want to get together with my friends to develop 1Thash chip next next Gen of mining hardware.

Please donate to me!
Great!

But wait...  Uhh... Tabula already has the chips in production and will have a development board available within the next 4 months...   You said you want to develope a 1Thash chip... WANT? so.... you don't have one....  Wright?

PaperClip

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:58:21 PM

I think he was sarcastic.
Anyway, sounds great. As soon as I will have proof that you have created working prototype - you can count on my investment. In result, how much hashing power I could get for 2000 USD?
JuenoMT (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:32:38 PM

As soon as I will have proof that you have created working prototype - you can count on my investment.

Hi, Thanks for your input,

At this time we are only trying to discuss the idea with qualified/Interested individuals. We are not even able to determine if this is a viable option because we don't even have an ABAX2P1 chip in hand and we will need to raise funds to purchase the hardware (including the ABAX2P1) if/when the time comes (soon I hope.) Just keep us in mind and watch the threads because we will make any important announcements in a separate post.

Thanks again.

Silverpike

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:35:49 AM

As soon as I will have proof that you have created working prototype - you can count on my investment.

Hi, Thanks for your input,

At this time we are only trying to discuss the idea with qualified/Interested individuals. We are not even able to determine if this is a viable option because we don't even have an ABAX2P1 chip in hand and we will need to raise funds to purchase the hardware (including the ABAX2P1) if/when the time comes (soon I hope.) Just keep us in mind and watch the threads because we will make any important announcements in a separate post.

Thanks again.
I have already inquired about this. These parts are very very expensive, and not worth it. The $/MH ratio is worse than traditional FPGAs.
JuenoMT (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:25:50 AM

I have already inquired about this. These parts are very very expensive, and not worth it. The $/MH ratio is worse than traditional FPGAs.

Interesting,

Tabula claims just the opposite on price and even touts the price as an advantage over older gen hardware. Seems odd that Tabula (or any company for that matter) would make such a claim if not true, especially since there target market would know the legitimacy of such claims. I myself have not seen any indication of a price anywhere and am waiting for a response to an email I sent to them asking (amongst other information) for pricing.

icebear888

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:57:29 AM

Im also interested in what you are doing!

Hows does this chip compare to the Avalon/BFL chips, or dont you know?

Thanks
JuenoMT (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 12:24:30 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 07:14:11 PM by JuenoMT

Im also interested in what you are doing!

Hows does this chip compare to the Avalon/BFL chips, or dont you know?

Thanks

I believe it works like a standard FPGA, except that it is much faster, uses less power and is more flexable than an ASIC. There is also the possibility that the 3rd dimension time component will provide an avenue for vast improvements in efficiency in code execution.

icebear888

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:50:25 PM

Very interesting!

So you will have to design your own thing from the ground up?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: