Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WP8] Kraken unofficial app for Windows Phone 8  (Read 2776 times)
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:45:19 AM

how do you pay if you want to buy credits? essentially what happens after you click "Purchase" button?

That works the same way you purchase apps. When you click the purchase button, a new screen will open with a description of the item, the price, etc. You can then click buy (which will charge your creditcard) or cancel.
I do not have any WP8 experience. So when I would buy credits I transfer fiat currency (which I have on microsoft market) to your microsoft wallet on the market?
You may think about the more elegant solution which would utilize our currencies then Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Avalaxy (OP)

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:00:54 PM

how do you pay if you want to buy credits? essentially what happens after you click "Purchase" button?

That works the same way you purchase apps. When you click the purchase button, a new screen will open with a description of the item, the price, etc. You can then click buy (which will charge your creditcard) or cancel.
I do not have any WP8 experience. So when I would buy credits I transfer fiat currency (which I have on microsoft market) to your microsoft wallet on the market?
You may think about the more elegant solution which would utilize our currencies then Smiley

You add your credit card information to your Microsoft account, and when the purchase button is pressed and you accept it, Microsoft automatically charges your credit card and gives the app a confirmation that it's successfully paid and verified.

I've been thinking about implementing bitcoin payments, but I don't see how I can implement that in a smooth way. As far as I know, there's no way to pay in bitcoins on Windows Phone. There is one (crappy) third-party wallet, but then you'd have to leave the app to make a payment. And I really wouldn't know how I'd get a callback/confirmation for that in my app.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

Over the last few days, the story about the latest update spread like a wildfire on twitter and the internet in general Smiley A lot of websites wrote a story about it, here are a couple of important sites:

Tweakers.net (largest Dutch/Belgian tech website, around 600.000 registered users): http://tweakers.net/nieuws/93916/microsoft-laat-eerste-bitcoin-app-toe-op-windows-phone-platform.html
WMPowerUser (second largest Windows Phone community website): http://wmpoweruser.com/kraken-is-the-first-bitcoin-trading-app-for-windows-phone/
Frontpage of /r/bitcoin: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1w4v3x/microsoft_allows_bitcoin_trading_app_on_windows/

A lot of niche sites wrote about it as well. To name a few: CoinCourant, CoinReporter, TechieNews, BitcoinExaminer, etc.

I've seen a massive increase in downloads over the last few days. Keep in mind that Kraken is growing with ~2000 users per day (December 2013), and doubling their use base every month (source). The Windows Phone 8 platform is also seeing a consistent growth every month, it outsells iPhone in 24 countries (source). In a lot of European countries, Windows Phone is the second largest OS. This coincides with Kraken's userbase which consists of 75% EU customers, 10% US customers and 15% customers from other countries (see angel.co source). Right now, Kraken is the #2 bitcoin exchange when it comes to XBT/EUR volume (source).

ledmaniak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

Awesome! Grin

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
bogi203

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:55:27 PM

Hello Leon,

Great App, looks amazing and hopefully it will work in the same manner. Ive been trying to contact you thru you blog - but for some reason it give an error msg...anyway, you can contact me at zeebitcoin@gmail.com

thanx
Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:04:38 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 11:24:26 PM by Avalaxy

Another update just got published that added the following things:

- Graph on the details page
- Detailed graph when you click on it
- Slightly different design
- Button in the trading view that allows you to insert the maximum available volume in the 'volume' field
- New textboxes for the API settings (they have a button that allows you to clear the field)
- Wide live tile
- Added a loading bar
- Small bug fixes

Here are some screenshots of the new features:

Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

I just submitted a new major version: 1.4.0.0.

It has the following changes:

- An order book
- Fixed the labels underneath the charts to avoid large numbers of labels overlapping each other
- Added the type (buy/sell, limit/market) to closed orders
- Added an order details view that can be opened by pressing and holding a closed order and clicking 'details'
- Now sets the selected pair from the settings as the default pair for trading
- Minor bug fixes (e.g., removed the 'API key' error when refreshing while the user didn't enter an API key)
- Various small changes (e.g. added tooltips to notify the user of 'hidden' features)

Here are some screenshots of the new goods:

Another thing I've added: after starting the app 3 times you will be asked to take part in a small survey. Your answers to this survey will be of great help to me to make this app better because I'm trying to figure out what I can do to give you the best possible experience. The survey can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mIS8qLDmbLjAeyVDf9zNQiqcZp6YB6NZmVQJUUxav7s/viewform.

Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:55:34 PM

I submitted a minor update that uses the new OHLC data that Kraken offers through their API:

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks for a great app. I've been using it on my WP8 for a few weeks. I didn't know there was a thread for it on the forum until now.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and keep up to good work!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:05:13 PM

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the app!

Avalaxy (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:08:44 PM

I released a minor update today. It doesn't do much, but it adds support for Windows Phone 8.1. The most noticable change is the live tile, which will be transparent on Windows Phone 8.1 when you are using a background picture:

Other than that, I didn't change much. I updated all the dependencies and the app now uses the new API. It may be a bit faster.

Windows Phone 8.1 will roll out to consumers in the coming months. You can already opt-in for a preview of the update by downloading the 'Preview for developers' app in the store, and opting in for the developer preview. You can then let the phone check for updates, and install them.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: