Just tried it and get the same here. Linuxcoin is a bit of a mess, or I dont know how to use the default miners either, cant get any of them to work
and installing/compiling cgminer isnt all that easy either.
You could use bitminter from a webpage (see my sig), but even that requires you do something, because the default the browser in Linuxcoin doesnt know how to handle java webstart. I think you only have to configure the mimetype, not quite sure
I dont have remote X access to my miners atm, perhaps someone else can say how to get this man mining on linuxcoin?
If not, Ill prepare and boot a fresh linuxcoin on my machine and talk you through it tomorrow.
I use linuxcoin and do fresh boots all the time. here are the steps:
1. create a brand new linuxcoin on a stick with persistence
2. need a way to get a couple of files to the new box. I have a gmail account with a draft email with file attachments. the file you need is : http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-2.1.2-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
3. boot new box with new stick
4. navigate. start -> system tools -> ATI SDK Licence and follow prompts to accept
5. open browser / email and download file from step 2 (choose save file to /home/user) or go to this thread and download the file https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0
6. open shell (nav start -> Accessaries -> root terminal
7. bunzip cgminer-2.1.2-x86_64-built
8. tar xf cgminer-2.1.2-x86_64-built
9. cd /lib64/
10. ln -s libncurses.so.5 libtinfo.so.5 (this is because some libraries have been changed since old version)
11. cd /home/users/cgminer-2.1.2-x86_64-built
12 create a conf file to use, my simple sample file that I use is listed below as myconf.5970.conf:
13. ./cgminer -c myconf.5970.conf
"pools" : [
"url" : "http://us.eclipsemc.com:8337",
"user" : "username",
"pass" : "passwd"
"url" : "http://192.168.1.100:8332",
"user" : "user",
"pass" : "pass"
"intensity" : "7",
"gpu-engine" : "820",
"gpu-memclock" : "300",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true
some handy things to know with linuxcoin:
1. if you move or change the gpus in any way, this will delete and reload the drivers for the vid cards
- rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
2. keep your mouse in the main screen. if you move mouse too far to the right, operating system will 'switch ' on you and show you a different session screen. I haven't figured this out yet, I just reboot and start over.
3. if, when you first boot up you see this 'other' session screen, be patient, the main linuxcoin screen will appear
4. dont hesitate to do the steps in step 1
5. if machine locks, or kill power linuxcoin will usually boot up OK. but if you kill power while it is shutting down, you may corrupt files. I have had many linuxcoin sticks 'freak out'. dont hesitate to just make a new one and start over. it will be faster then trying to fix what is wrong. (this is my preference, I am sure there are ubuntu experts here that would disagree with this step. but I can have a brand new one up in 5 minutes)
6.did I say dont hesitate to do step 1
7. here are some handy aticonfig commands (although, if using cgminer, probably wont need these)
list gpus: aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc
get fans: for i in 0 1 2 3 4; do DISPLAY=:0.$i aticonfig --pplib-cmd "get fanspeed 0"; done