Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinGecko.com - 360 Degree Cryptocurrency Valuation and Ranking  (Read 87998 times)
bobster (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:43:08 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 10:07:41 AM by bobster

Hi guys,

We have some updates here. Smiley

Firstly, we made some major improvement to our coin dashboard. Many of you have requested for us to allow custom timeline on our dashboard. We are proud to inform you that this is now possible! Check out this GIF to see how fast you can switch timeline for each of your favorite coin now!

We have also received several requests to customise the currencies shown for each coin. For example, you may prefer BTC to be denominated in EUR while LTC to be denominated in USD and DOGE to be in BTC. Now you can set all these in the Settings page. Take a look at this:

What do you think of this new update to our dashboard? We would love to hear your opinions!
If you still do not have our altcoin dashboard, you MUST totally get hold of it! Go grab your invitation now by clicking on this invitation link!

Secondly, we added a bunch of coins which I did not manage to post previously. We now track 169 cryptocurrencies. So happy to see that we are nearing 200 coins soon! Here are some of the new coin additions:

Batch 1: Aidbit (AID), Fantomcoin (FCN), GamersCoin (GMC), GlowShares (GSX), Piggycoin (PIGGY), Stealthcoin (XST)
Batch 2: Bytecent (BYC), Dogecoindark (DOGED), Guarany (GUA), LTBcoin (LTBC), Noblecoin (NOBL), Paycoin (XPY), Spreadcoin (SPR), Supercoin (SUPER),  Swarm (SWARM)

We are still taking coin recommendations so if you still do not see your favorite altcoin on CoinGecko feel free to reply here or drop us an email at hello@coingecko.com!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May the year 2015 be an better year for crypto in general Cheesy

-Bobby & TM
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyTom

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

Still waiting for bitQuark Digital Currency

https://www.facebook.com/bitquarkfans
https://www.facebook.com/groups/258804127656033/
http://auction.bitquark.info
http://www.pinterest.com/mikedesilva54/bitquark-digital-currency-fans/

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 11:47:22 AM

bitQuark is on our coins to add list. We will add it eventually. Thanks for understanding.
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 03:41:13 PM

We just added the following coins:

We are now tracking 175 coins: www.coingecko.com
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 01:00:28 PM

We added a few new coins to bring our total tally to 181 coins! We are nearing 200 coins and are pretty bullish that we will head to that milestone really soon.
Here are the new coins:

We have also added a new feature which has been widely requested - a search bar! Now you can easily search for your favorite altcoin on CoinGecko!

We also launched a content section called CoinGecko Buzz!
Here are some recent articles that we have written:

What do you think of our latest effort? As usual, let us know what you think here or via email at hello@coingecko.com. We are also up to over 1300 followers on our Twitter account @coingecko. Follow us there! We love hearing from you and looking forward to you saying hi!
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:22:59 AM

We have added 10 new coins the last week. We are now tracking 191 coins - 9 more till we hit 200 coins!

BitStake (XBS), BitUSD (BITUSD), Blocknet (BLOCK), Clams (CLAM), CoinShield (CSD), Electronic Gulden (EFL), Navajo (NAV), NXTventure (NXTV), TittieCoin (TTC), ziftrCOIN (ZRC)

As usual, drop us an email at hello@coingecko.com if you want to see your coin on CoinGecko.

We also added few new articles on CoinGecko Buzz:

Do let us know if there are any particular topic of interest that you want us to cover.
jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:35:32 AM

The site is excellent.
Could the available coin supply used to calculate marketcap be made available in the ranking list?

Thanks

bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:15:44 AM

The site is excellent.
Could the available coin supply used to calculate marketcap be made available in the ranking list?

Thanks

Hi jcrubino, thank you for the compliment! That is a great suggestion. We will look into adding the available coin supply in our next iteration soon.
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:20:36 AM

Hi all, we just added the following coins to CoinGecko. We now track over 200 cryptocurrencies!

We have also launched our Russian and Indonesian sites!
RU: https://www.coingecko.com/ru
ID: https://www.coingecko.com/id

We also released a price ticker image widget that can be used in forums postings like this. The price will be updated dynamically in the image file below. All you need to do is head to our price widget page here: https://www.coingecko.com/en/widgets/ticker/litecoin/btc
Check out this Litecoin price widget:
"litecoin price"

You may insert the following code for Litecoin:
Code:
[url=https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/btc?id=litecoin][img alt="litecoin price"]https://www.coingecko.com/en/widget_component/ticker/litecoin/btc.jpg?id=litecoin[/img][/url]

Finally, we have also posted a few new articles on CoinGecko Buzz:

Thank you for the support. For more suggestions on what we should work on next, do write over here!

Bobby & TM
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 06:07:17 AM

We just added 10 new cryptocurrencies. Now we track 211 cryptocurrencies!

Let us know if you have more coin suggestions Smiley
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:07:39 PM

Let us know if you have more coin suggestions Smiley

This?

Hi Bobster,

Nxt has 95% of its activity on nxtforum.org. If you go there, there will be 100-150 people online at any one time (scroll to the very bottom of the frontpage of nxtforum.org to see). It is currently at 134 and it is like this day after day. In the 108 days that the forum has been open, there has been an average of 550 posts per day. Can you reflect this in your stats? We don't really use Reddit so your website isn't capturing the big picture, Nxt has a HUGE community.

*snip*

Can add these bits to give a fuller picture?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks  Grin

Hi Daedelus, *snip*

Our long term plan is to include the numbers you highlighted but we are finding it hard to go to every single coin forums and getting these numbers. There does not seem to be one standard way to get the numbers from all the coin forums so this is pretty challenging on our side. I have to agree with you though that these numbers are very important and is something that we very much want to track.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Let us know if you have more suggestions Cheesy

Any progress? This is important for a lot of communities since this forum has become an enormous cesspool  Grin
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:22:09 AM

Hi Daedelus, we have not had the chance to work on forum numbers. It's most certainly on our radar but this is quite challenging. Hopefully we can get to it soon. Will keep you guys updated when it goes live! Hope you understand. Thanks!
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:49:23 AM

Hey, bobster. Do you have some plans on making API? I'd like to use it for my researches. Thanks.

bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:33:53 AM

Hey, bobster. Do you have some plans on making API? I'd like to use it for my researches. Thanks.

We may possibly have some plans for API. Can you drop me an email at bobby@coingecko.com to discuss your research further? Thank you.
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:42:15 AM

We may possibly have some plans for API. Can you drop me an email at bobby@coingecko.com to discuss your research further? Thank you.
I want to track if price changes depend on X or Y, etc. I'm also going to use google trends and some other tools. I only have some drafts ATM. I'll drop a letter when I have an exact plan.

bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:27:04 PM

I want to track if price changes depend on X or Y, etc. I'm also going to use google trends and some other tools. I only have some drafts ATM. I'll drop a letter when I have an exact plan.

Perfect! That sounds very interesting. Let us know when you are ready!
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:24:29 PM

Look what we just released onto CoinGecko! 12 months Google Trend chart!

This is a sample image for Litecoin

What are you waiting for? Check it out now!
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/litecoin

P/S - I'm using Litecoin as an example but this chart is available for all coins such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Vertcoin etc
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:29:29 PM

P/S - I'm using Litecoin as an example but this chart is available for all coins such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Vertcoin etc

RE: Nxt. How do you know you are measuring searches for Nxt crypto and not Nxt lego or Nxt wrestling? I'm reliably informed you are displaying the trend for Nxt Wrestling at the moment..
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

RE: Nxt. How do you know you are measuring searches for Nxt crypto and not Nxt lego or Nxt wrestling? I'm reliably informed you are displaying the trend for Nxt Wrestling at the moment..

Sorry for the late reply. You brought up a very good point! We have since fixed the problem:

It will now use the same search term that we use for our Bing stats as well. It is currently searching for "nxt coin" to see the Google Trends.
You can take a look at NXT page here: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/nxt
bobster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 08:03:19 AM

Just would like to announce that we just added the following 13 coins:

We are now tracking 225 coins @ www.coingecko.com
Keep the coin suggestions coming!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: