Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiment with 5 altcoins (BCN, DRK, FLT, KMC, MINT)  (Read 3391 times)
havanabob

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:50:36 AM

How will the devs use premined MINT? They say nothing about this, this is very strange and alarming.
Part of it is meant for the creation of the Mintcoin Fund the world's first legally registered NGO for crypto (despite its name, the Bitcoin Foundation is not an NGO). I can't say much even me I don't know how all the premined had been spent (or is planned to be).

What connects the exchange MintPal www.mintpal.com with MINT? Exchange and coin were launched at the same time. I hope MINT isn’t purely speculative.
Officially, nothing, just a nice coincidence. Since I am neither in Mintpal admin's nor Mintcoin dev's shoes, I have to believe it Smiley

It's too good to be a coincidence. I won't assume the worst possible outcome but it does look suspicious.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:36:00 AM

I discussed about a future of cryptocurrencies in this thread (My view on the future of Crypto Currencies), and mgburks77 give the link to interesting thread also (Bitcoin adoption slowing; Coinbase + Bitpay is enough to make Bitcoin a fiat).

Clear that cryptocurrencies 2.0 must have a several options:
1.   Resistance of GPU- and ASIC-mining. Not a “clean” fork.
2.   Resistance of the threat 51%.
3.   Privacy and data protection – it’s named “truly anonymity” in community. Sender’s and receiver’s data should be encrypted maximum.
4.   Decentralization. Low concentration of funds in large exchange. Not speculative.
5.   Apps to better part platforms (Windows, Linux, MAC and mobile of course). Native wallet.
6.   Strong devs (with background). Tech. support.
7.   And philosophy! It should not be speculative cryptocurrency, devs must want to change an economic and this world.

Most of this options are declared in some cryptocurrencies.
I decided to conduct an experiment. I chose the 5 cryptocoins and I will follow them during the month. I will install wallets, mine and trade them and see on changes (devs, community, courses, rumors etc).
I will be glad to get advises and comments!

So my choices is (alphabetical):
1.   Bytecoin (BCN) – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747
2.   Darkcoin (DRK) – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615
3.   Fluttercoin (FLT) – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509499
4.   Kimocoin (KMC) – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524216
5.   Mintcoin (MINT) – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381

I will start tomorrow. Stay tuned!

I would humbly propose you to read my article on this - we independantly came to mostly the same conclusions (there are some thing you mentionned that I missed and probably the other way around too

Iinnovations in altcoins/ (I am considering renaming it something like "Altcoins, Darwin at works" or "Altcoins, a Darwinian process", I don't know what would be the most engagin title)

Your link is not working. Smiley

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

KMC was launched on April and has the KimoShop where you can buy real products already.

That's actually a great idea. More developers should introduce something like this.

It's so great an idea, it'll be copied all over the place if it flies. Grin

But seriously, using cybers as virtual coupons is a perfect niche for alts.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:21:44 PM

out of the 5 i perfer MINT

hope it goes higher
Denni

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:53:24 PM

KMC was launched on April and has the KimoShop where you can buy real products already.

That's actually a great idea. More developers should introduce something like this.

It is! It's a great reason for start mining something. Imagine if each coin has it's own partner and offers different goods - select a coin according to the goods it's offering!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:13:48 PM

It is! It's a great reason for start mining something. Imagine if each coin has it's own partner and offers different goods - select a coin according to the goods it's offering!

Yeah! If I had the bank to buy a small store, I would jump on the idea. Effectively, I'd be distributing store credit to miners via PoW. It'd be an interesting experiment to see if I could drum up some business for the store that way...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

whatsthestory (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

I would humbly propose you to read my article on this - we independantly came to mostly the same conclusions (there are some thing you mentionned that I missed and probably the other way around too

Iinnovations in altcoins/ (I am considering renaming it something like "Altcoins, Darwin at works" or "Altcoins, a Darwinian process", I don't know what would be the most engagin title)

You talk about the present (“now altcoins should be…”), I'm talking about the future. Of course, the opportunity to earn is the mainstream, but it will not develop the industry.
whatsthestory (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:54:36 PM

How will the devs use premined MINT? They say nothing about this, this is very strange and alarming.
Part of it is meant for the creation of the Mintcoin Fund the world's first legally registered NGO for crypto (despite its name, the Bitcoin Foundation is not an NGO). I can't say much even me I don't know how all the premined had been spent (or is planned to be).

What connects the exchange MintPal www.mintpal.com with MINT? Exchange and coin were launched at the same time. I hope MINT isn’t purely speculative.
Officially, nothing, just a nice coincidence. Since I am neither in Mintpal admin's nor Mintcoin dev's shoes, I have to believe it Smiley

I like your signature and glad to hear this ;-)
Bitcoin Fiction

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

You talk about the present (“now altcoins should be…”), I'm talking about the future. Of course, the opportunity to earn is the mainstream, but it will not develop the industry.

And in what direction should it be pushed? More anonymity? More usability? More notability?

smithch

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:08:25 AM

Thanks for trying to keep a seemingly unbiased approach to these coins.
BreakingBAD

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:22:54 AM

And in what direction should it be pushed? More anonymity? More usability? More notability?

The new generation altcoin must be completely anonymous, easy to buy\sell and have good dev team who would solve any problem asap (cause there's always hacks)

jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 11:59:22 AM

Interesting post, more reviews?

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
Bitcoin Fiction

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

The new generation altcoin must be completely anonymous, easy to buy\sell and have good dev team who would solve any problem asap (cause there's always hacks)

How can _new_ currency be easy to buy/sell? Nobody wants it yet, so by default it's impossible on early stages of the coin.

Agree with you on everything else tho Smiley

JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:23:48 PM

Why are bots quoting me? I said this like 3 days ago.

Maybe he liked it so much he couldn't resist and tried to be as cool as you?

ndonnard

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

Maybe he liked it so much he couldn't resist and tried to be as cool as you?

Or he couldn't find another words to express his point of view..

Anyway I want to see next post about the experiment! Where is author? 
whatsthestory (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:18:25 PM

Sorry, I still cannot use my PC (laptop only)! So I will continue my review when the problem will be solved. 
whatsthestory (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:26:09 PM

Wow, It seems to me - anyone says "DRK" and bots appear in a thread.
whatsthestory (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

How can _new_ currency be easy to buy/sell? Nobody wants it yet, so by default it's impossible on early stages of the coin.

Agree with you on everything else tho Smiley

Oh, you can see my view in the top post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561992.msg6129696#msg6129696 :-)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: