Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: $5 today?!
Yes - 17 (50%)
No - 17 (50%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] $5 before midnight GMT-5?  (Read 1378 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:22:44 PM

GMT-5 because I'm starting to doubt it will happen before UTC midnight Sad
Keep the faith, folks.

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 09:26:57 PM

GMT-5 because I'm starting to doubt it will happen before UTC midnight Sad
Keep the faith, folks.
Roll Eyes
in 4 days we'll see 5 dollors.... the next day at midnight it will be 5.50

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 09:29:47 PM

but i'm confident we are looking at the start of a never ending bull run!

BUY BUY BUY!

no need to sell... just spend spend spend! i love bitcoins

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:32:02 PM

That's 5/6!  leeeeeroy

(BFL)^2 < 0
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 09:35:38 PM

...a never ending bull run!
See, that's where things just get stupid. Even if you think the increase in BTC value will continue for a while (with dips along the way), *everything* ends at some point. I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a bear run some time in the next year -- in fact, I'd say several, with a couple more bull runs in between. The longest continuous upward (or downward) trend in BTC -- not counting the first year or so of existence when nothing was really happening -- would be the bubble span from April through June. Will we outlast that three month period this time? Possibly, but I foresee several big dips in the coming months, no matter how enthusiastic the bulls act.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:54:22 PM

In the last 8 hours since the "shopping spree", more than 14,000BTC have piled in. While above $5 has barely changed.
If we had another large buy to kick things off, then sure! But, volume has really tapered off. We've kinda stagnated, the whole world is hip to this game by now, and it's not moving fast enough to get there tonight. We'll see. You've got 8hrs to complete your mission.  Wink

The longest continuous upward (or downward) trend in BTC -- not counting the first year or so of existence when nothing was really happening -- would be the bubble span from April through June. Will we outlast that three month period this time?

Wasn't the decline, from say $17, which took 4 or so months a sufficient trend?  Smiley

trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 10:05:28 PM

In the last 8 hours since the "shopping spree", more than 14,000BTC have piled in. While above $5 has barely changed.
If we had another large buy to kick things off, then sure! But, volume has really tapered off. We've kinda stagnated, the whole world is hip to this game by now, and it's not moving fast enough to get there tonight. We'll see. You've got 8hrs to complete your mission.  Wink

The longest continuous upward (or downward) trend in BTC -- not counting the first year or so of existence when nothing was really happening -- would be the bubble span from April through June. Will we outlast that three month period this time?

Wasn't the decline, from say $17, which took 4 or so months a sufficient trend?  Smiley
Correct, but the main point being that nothing is forever, particularly with stocks and currencies. Whether it's three months or four months, we still have nothing that would suggest this current upward trend will be anything but temporary. The difficult part, naturally, is determining when it will actually end. Perhaps as someone suggested a lot of people are putting money into BTC right before Dec. 31 as a way of avoiding taxes; if that's the case, we could see a major reversal in the next few days.

What I really want is the ability to set a stop sell on MtGox, as that way I could at least feel confident that I'm going to get out of the current upward trend with a decent profit and a price of more than $4.50 per BTC. (No, doing this on Bitcoinica isn't what I want -- I've tried that before, and with a big sell the spread becomes so large that my stop sell at $4.50 would end up executing when the real MtGox price is probably still $4.70 or more.) Anyway, for all the exuberance of late, I recall seeing many similar posts during the bubble. "BTC is going to take over the world -- we're at $30 now and the next stop will be $80 by July, $100+ in August! Everyone not on the bandwagon should buy before they miss out! ZOMG We R so awesome!1!!111"

Perhaps with enough exuberance and talk they're hoping to cause the next bubble, all while pretending that they think BTC isn't going anywhere but up. Good luck with that. I'm holding my (few) BTC now, and I really would love to see the price hit double digits because $500+ per month from mining is a lot of money for me to get "for free", but I'm not holding my breath.

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 10:11:59 PM

40min volume is in triple digits.  Calm before the storm Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 10:20:41 PM

My crazy thoughts ...  Roll Eyes

could it be only a very small % of the worlds population knows about bitcoins?
could it be that the new generation (which will be highly educated as to the why the current system only serves the rich) will see the true value bitcoin?
could it be that they wont give a shit about breaking laws to make the world (their world) a better place?
could it be we are over due for a revolution?
could it be bitcoin is more then a stupid stock!

this is where we fight, this is where they die!
TO WAR!!

never under estimate the power of a small dedicated group, with a desire to be free

trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 10:43:55 PM

could it be that the new generation (which will be highly educated as to the why the current system only serves the rich) will see the true value bitcoin?
could it be that they wont give a shit about breaking laws to make the world (their world) a better place?

TO WAR!!

never under estimate the power of a small dedicated group, with a desire to be free
Revolutions are fought when people are starving and dying because they can't find food, don't have enough clothing or shelter, etc. They aren't fought because "we're doing okay but we're not as rich as we'd like." Especially not when the government is taking plenty of money from the rich and giving it to the poor. Read up on the history of the American, French, etc. revolutions and show me where things are that bad. Maybe switch your college major to history while you're at it.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 11:08:41 PM

TO WAR!!

Revolutions are fought when people are starving and dying because they can't find food, don't have enough clothing or shelter, etc. They aren't fought because "we're doing okay but we're not as rich as we'd like." Especially not when the government is taking plenty of money from the rich and giving it to the poor. Read up on the history of the American, French, etc. revolutions and show me where things are that bad. Maybe switch your college major to history while you're at it.

The American Revolution was the political upheaval during the last half of the 18th century in which thirteen colonies in North America joined together to break free from the British Empire...
what was so bad about being British?

a central bank possesses a monopoly on creating limitless credit

people are now starting to realize this money is F%$^ing FAKE. and so they buy gold or something real.

lets say the government says tomorrow,  ' ok well that's it we are in so much dept, we can never pay it back, we can't even pay back the interest, bankrupt... the central bank now owns our country '

if that's not cause for revolution i d k what is...

trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 11:36:43 PM

what was so bad about being British?
Not even going to bother responding when someone makes a comment that's so pointless. Go read up on the real reasons behind the revolt. Hint: it wasn't about "being British".

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 02:57:02 PM

proudhon, you were barely right Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:28:50 PM

But right, nonetheless!   Grin

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:29:34 PM

But right, nonetheless!   Grin

LOL, so amazingly close, hahaha.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764