Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lexical issues... is "Coiners" a proper term ?  (Read 712 times)
californiaquail (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:29:12 PM

Hi, i'm quite new here so i figured out i'd ask this here,

I'm currently building a service around bitcoin and altcoins, as a lot of you i suppose.
 That being said, english is not my native language so i can't figure out if the term " Coiner, coiners " would make sense within an english targeted audience ...  Any ideas about that ?

I've heard people saying Bit-coiners, but folks like me just tend to make words up i guess lol, thanx for your time !

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:33:01 PM

I always liked "bitcoin peer" to describe a bitcoiner. But it has not caught on with anyone but me. lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
SelbyTsang

Activity: 577
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:41:24 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bitcoiner&defid=7316451
Bitcoiner
A heavily invested Bitcoin enthusiast.
Joe W: "Bitcoin is a joke!, It's a ponzi scheme! It's like baseball cards and tulip mania all over again".

Bitcoiner: "Bitcoin will reach $100,000 and then we'll see if it's a joke!"

californiaquail (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:45:30 PM

i've heard that joke and 'm pretty sure the bitcoin community has the ability to have it reach $100,000  Grin
  thanx, i'll assume that coiners makes sense for a person invested and enthusiast about crypto currencies in general then it should make sense, just wanted to make sure if coiner wasnt a slang word for asshole or something like that lol

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:07:47 PM

Coiner has previously been used for a forger of coins, that would be a maker of coins, involved in the act of coining, so "coiner" would more correctly apply to a miner than a user I would think.

For someone who is interested in digital currency, I'd call them a cryptonumismatist, but that's a bit of a mouthful.

On the other hand a biker does not necessarily make bikes.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
californiaquail (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 12:52:47 AM

@Flashman     thanx for your answer ,
i kinda like this atmosphere, even newbies are getting helped by members , it's still pre-early days. i havnt felt that in a while, and i'm quite young i guess.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: