Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: open your eyes  (Read 3437 times)
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:18:57 AM

Why are you so emotionally invested in this?  Let people sink or swim, no one's going to say "Oh thank-you, oh wise TERA.  Thank-you for showing me the light that I cannot find on my own".

Let it go.

Why are you against others voicing an opinion contrary to yours? Not all things are "the best ever" and not all "moons" happen multiple times. Stocks go under, altcoins have gone under, BTC isn't any different, just has less risk of going under. Don't act like because it has the best chance that it is impervious to failure.

That's what the OP has a problem with. People who are 24/7 MOON MOON OMFG BUY NOW BEST MOON EVER COMING UP TONIGHT.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:19:14 AM

By the time your charts tell you to buy, BTC will already be up ~33% (or more) from the bottom.  Cheesy
This is the part that always gets me. People don't wanna buy until the price starts rising. They don't wanna buy until it's higher than it is now. I'm sure there is a simple psychological explanation for this, but it just seems really dumb.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:19:48 AM

Thank you TERA!, for providin solid TA over the last months!
My TA hasn't always been perfect. I am off on a lot of targets, have posted charts with cycles and log lines, was a bull once, and even posted pictures of trains.

Altough some of the forum members might disarguee with me, but i always considered your TA as neutral, unemotional and unbiased as possible in here.
Just because you have some feelings against the bulltards in here never meant that you wouldn´t have taken the chance to position long for a bull-trap(reversal), and declared it
with TA. These are two complete different topics. Keep up the good work.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
iluvpie60

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:20:15 AM

I cannot believe I am still hearing people vigorously advocating taking a long position right now....

BTC is down ~67% and you "cannot believe" smart money is buying? (and some dumb money too)
If it goes lower, buy even more.

Most important:
By the time your charts tell you to buy, BTC will already be up ~33% (or more) from the bottom.  Cheesy

Explain why it will go up 33%. I always see people discounting that it "can't go any lower" and its because "THEY SAY SO".

Why do you say so. Tell me multiple factors. Give me 20 signs that it is going "moon" again. Bet you can't.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:20:37 AM

Why are you so emotionally invested in this?  Let people sink or swim, no one's going to say "Oh thank-you, oh wise TERA.  Thank-you for showing me the light that I cannot find on my own".

Let it go.

Why are you against others voicing an opinion contrary to yours? Not all things are "the best ever" and not all "moons" happen multiple times. Stocks go under, altcoins have gone under, BTC isn't any different, just has less risk of going under. Don't act like because it has the best chance that it is impervious to failure.

That's what the OP has a problem with. People who are 24/7 MOON MOON OMFG BUY NOW BEST MOON EVER COMING UP TONIGHT.
Not only is it the BEST moon, it is the best Blood Moon™ evah!

iluvpie60

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:20:59 AM

This is the part that always gets me. People don't wanna buy until the price starts rising. They don't wanna buy until it's higher than it is now. I'm sure there is a simple psychological explanation for this, but it just seems really dumb.

It's called "risk".

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:22:25 AM

I cannot believe I am still hearing people vigorously advocating taking a long position right now....

BTC is down ~67% and you "cannot believe" smart money is buying? (and some dumb money too)

Most important:

Explain why it will go up 33%. I always see people discounting that it "can't go any lower" and its because "THEY SAY SO".

Why do you say so. Tell me multiple factors. Give me 20 signs that it is going "moon" again. Bet you can't.
Discounting that it can't go lower is a double negative btw.

Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:28:51 AM

The people who actually want to talk TA and have meaningful discussion should really start their own self-moderated threads and keeps the idiots and trolls out. Simple as that.
Why not. Just do it. I, for one, would be happy to read it (and (promise!) never write Grin )

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:30:56 AM

Most important:

What a rigorous analysis
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:31:15 AM

I wish I had "deep pockets", since BTC is a traders paradise.
For anyone who is long-term Bullish now is a great time to buy, and if it goes lower...
Even better.

a simple psychological explanation for this
Lemmings.
Simply.... lemmings everywhere.  Smiley

ampere9765

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

I wish I had "deep pockets", since BTC is a traders paradise.
For anyone who is long-term Bullish now is a great time to buy, and if it goes lower...
Even better.

a simple psychological explanation for this
Lemmings.
Simply.... lemmings everywhere.  Smiley

You mentioned "smart money" earlier.

Yeah smart money doesn't bottom fish.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:33:37 AM

Let it go.

What do you propose my opinion is that TERA's is so contrary to?  Also, don't put words in my mouth, especially after your little BTC is BANKING and it sucks because I lost all my money wah wah wah post you made the other day.

Then OP should put them on ignore like anyone else with half a brain in their head would.  
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:34:25 AM

Most important:

What a rigorous analysis

Sometimes the truth is extremely simple.
By the time "moving averages" give a buy signal the market is (usually) well above the bottom.
Is that a big surprise to you?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:38:15 AM

Buy low, sell high
Clearly you must be mistaken.

Edit:
Why bother....
I deleted a link the would make you a better trader.
Perhaps someone else will be willing to teach you.  Cheesy

Dr. LY

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:41:04 AM

I can tell you exactly why TERA is just as emotional as the CCMFers and the future quadrillionaires.

Because TERA doesn't know either.

The charts right now mean absolutely NOTHING until we get solid news on China. This is why there is no volume anywhere and why the price is stable: it is only stable because there is so little certainty in either direction and no one knows wants to buy in such an uncertain time.

Why is BTER re-enabling deposits? Why does Bobby Lee sound both confident and scared? Why are some exchanges following the PBOC and some not?

When the news comes, we're either gonna see panic buy spikes up to $550-$600, or we're going to see a drop once again down to $400 to test support. If the support fails, then God knows where the price will drop to.

And so TERA is standing here with her TA bible shouting about how the end is nigh and how we're all fools for not seeing it in the holy charts. And her insecurity over what the price is actually going to do is reflected in her need for others here to affirm her beliefs.

Normally TERA is probably the most intelligent and rational poster on this forum, one of the few who actually posts quality information and discussion.

This topic does not reflect that.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:53:37 AM

computers can operate macds too.... but they dont make money like that. I dont think wall street is going to save anyone, but the macd doesnt give a crap either.

cant believe the basis of this thread is trend and not bullish at the same time.

ampere9765

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:02:30 AM

Buy low, sell high

Edit:
Why bother....

Clearly

Thanks but I don't need any of your grand wisdom, you've made your point
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:43:39 AM

I can tell you exactly why TERA is just as emotional as the CCMFers and the future quadrillionaires.

Because TERA doesn't know either.

The charts right now mean absolutely NOTHING until we get solid news on China. This is why there is no volume anywhere and why the price is stable: it is only stable because there is so little certainty in either direction and no one knows wants to buy in such an uncertain time.

Why is BTER re-enabling deposits? Why does Bobby Lee sound both confident and scared? Why are some exchanges following the PBOC and some not?

When the news comes, we're either gonna see panic buy spikes up to $550-$600, or we're going to see a drop once again down to $400 to test support. If the support fails, then God knows where the price will drop to.

And so TERA is standing here with her TA bible shouting about how the end is nigh and how we're all fools for not seeing it in the holy charts. And her insecurity over what the price is actually going to do is reflected in her need for others here to affirm her beliefs.

Normally TERA is probably the most intelligent and rational poster on this forum, one of the few who actually posts quality information and discussion.

This topic does not reflect that.
The news is in the charts, before the news even comes out. You don't need news.

What is this obsession with calling china "news" anyway?  China is not a piece of information. China is a country, a real place, full of real people, exchanges, coins and fiat.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Buy low, sell high

Edit:
Why bother....

Clearly

Thanks but I don't need any of your grand wisdom, you've made your point

What a rigorous analysis.

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:51:48 AM

Dunno much TA, but if we break 400 now, brimstone is upon traders. It will be like the Dark Ages of the bitcoin world. With the plagues and all.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: