Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:54:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul Returns to the Spotlight at GOP Debate  (Read 247 times)
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

Paul the Younger had an oustanding debate last night.   Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIa1LTo-qYE

Is Rand back in the top tier?  His performance set Twitter's heat aflutter; social media says he won the debate.

Cite: https://storify.com/Team_Rand/read-some-of-the-best-rand-paul-tweets

Paul the Elder will speak at U. of Iowa the night before the caucuses.  Will America's Last Founding Father be able to mitigate Trump's Idiocracy voters?

Don't forget to donate BTC/USD/TLC, because there's only one anti-authoritarian fiscal conservative running this year!

http://time.com/4199443/republican-debate-rand-paul-spotlight/

Back on the main stage, the Kentucky senator made his presence felt

After being bumped from the main debates in early January due to low polling numbers, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul took full advantage of his primetime slot at Thursday night’s Republican debate.

Despite his less than spectacular standing in the polls, Paul signaled Thursday he’s not ready to give up the fight. But in the end, he used his final pitch to the public to explain to voters his personal views on entering the race, rather than taking an opportunity to appeal to voters in Iowa. While other candidates brought up Sept. 11, blasted Hillary Clinton, and the Bible, Paul stuck to what he knows.

“I’ve gotten to do some incredible things. Got to be on the floor of the Senate. And it has been amazing to me,” Paul said. “But the thing that is most important to me and caused me to run for office is I’m worried about the country and how much debt we’re adding.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/28/winners-and-losers-from-the-7th-republican-presidential-debate/

Winners

* Rand Paul: Maybe the Kentucky Senator just needed to take a debate off. After not making the main stage in the 6th debate (and refusing to appear in the undercard debate), Paul was a major player in this one. He showed off his trademark willingness to needle the other candidates -- he went after Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz at various points -- but also offered nuanced thoughts on racial profiling and abortion. This was the Paul who many political observers -- myself included -- thought we might see in this campaign: A candidate willing and able to speak to issues his party has struggled to address in recent years.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:50:30 PM

Paul is getting out because he's too libertarian for the GOP. God forbid you bring some new ideas to the party.. and you get treated like a pariah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: