Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread  (Read 521678 times)
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 04:25:47 PM

You don't have to worry about 32 vs 64 bit with Mac.  All of them have been 64 bit for a while now.

And while a mac mini may be more pricey than some other PCs.  Try to find a computer that size with an internal power supply, a core i5, thunderbolt, wireless N, the best customer support, etc.  It's not as expensive as it looks when you look at what you are actually buying.

I may be able to setup a legal VM for you.  Actually, I may be able to borrow a previous-gen mac mini from a friend. I'll PM you when I know more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:32:12 PM

i have an old macbook i'd be willing to donate if you'll pay shipping.  2 in fact.

edit:  you know kids these days; gotta have the latest.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 09:19:26 PM

And while a mac mini may be more pricey than some other PCs.  Try to find a computer that size with an internal power supply, a core i5, thunderbolt, wireless N, the best customer support, etc.  It's not as expensive as it looks when you look at what you are actually buying.

Red Emerald,

I totally appreciate the "value" of a Mac, and what you pay for.  But value is relative to the person getting it.  I have absolutely no use for the Mac except to compile binaries on it then go back to my hex-core, 16 GB RAM, dual 1920x1200 monitor desktop to continue developing stuff.  I don't really care how amazing it is, because I know I can execute my one mission (compiling binaries) on a used system.   Maybe one day I'll be bored and decide to spend more time digging into it... but it's not that time yet.

I will explore the VM options, first, then consider a physical system.  It sounds like others have experience with the VM approach, so many they could email me and help me out Wink  After all, there's a reason I have 16 GB of RAM in the first place:  to run lots of VMs.  I don't know what you mean by "borrow" a system, if I go with a physical one, I don't want to have to return it.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 02:00:56 AM

TorusJKL just submitted a pull request, for a small change to the wallet-migration code that will allow it work on OSX.  I'll update and push that change, now.

In his pull request, I see that he created a paste:  Building Bitcoin Armory on Mac OS X 10.6.x using Homebrew.   It looks more complete than the instructions I have had posted, so it might be worth trying (Splatster!).   Please, someone look at that and tell me if it works!

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 04:59:51 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 05:55:50 AM by Red Emerald

TorusJKL just submitted a pull request, for a small change to the wallet-migration code that will allow it work on OSX.  I'll update and push that change, now.

In his pull request, I see that he created a paste:  Building Bitcoin Armory on Mac OS X 10.6.x using Homebrew.   It looks more complete than the instructions I have had posted, so it might be worth trying (Splatster!).   Please, someone look at that and tell me if it works!

No luck on Lion Sad

I can't get bsddb3 or cppForSwig to build

$ make swig
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  EncryptionUtils.cpp
swig -c++ -python -classic -outdir ../ -v CppBlockUtils.i
Language subdirectory: python
Search paths:
   ./
   ./swig_lib/python/
   /Users/bwstitt/.homebrew/Cellar/swig/2.0.4/share/swig/2.0.4/python/
   ./swig_lib/
   /Users/bwstitt/.homebrew/Cellar/swig/2.0.4/share/swig/2.0.4/
Preprocessing...
Starting language-specific parse...
EncryptionUtils.h:178: Warning 362: operator= ignored
Processing types...
EncryptionUtils.h:133: Warning 402: Base class 'BinaryData' is incomplete.
BtcUtils.h:58: Warning 402: Only forward declaration 'BinaryData' was found.
C++ analysis...
Generating wrappers...
BlockObj.h:76: Warning 509: Overloaded method BlockHeader::BlockHeader(BinaryData const *) effectively ignored,
BlockObj.h:73: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BlockHeader::BlockHeader(BinaryData const &).
BlockUtils.h:265: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcAddress::BtcAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:265: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcAddress::BtcAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:306: Warning 509: Overloaded method BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair &) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:305: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair *).
BlockUtils.h:305: Warning 509: Overloaded method BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair *,bool) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:306: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair &,bool).
BlockUtils.h:346: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:346: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:627: Warning 472: Overloaded method BlockDataManager_FullRAM::addNewBlockData(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:627: Warning 472: Overloaded method BlockDataManager_FullRAM::addNewBlockData(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BtcUtils.h:915: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcUtils::verifyProofOfWork(BinaryDataRef,BinaryDataRef) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
g++  -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  -lcryptopp -lpthread -lpython2.7 CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lcryptopp: linker input file unused because linking not done
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lpthread: linker input file unused because linking not done
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lpython2.7: linker input file unused because linking not done
In file included from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:127,
                 from CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx:151:
/usr/include/python2.7/modsupport.h:27: warning: ‘PyArg_ParseTuple’ is an unrecognized format function type
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lcryptopp: linker input file unused because linking not done
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lpthread: linker input file unused because linking not done
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2: -lpython2.7: linker input file unused because linking not done
#g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  -lcryptopp -lpthread -lpython2.7 ECDSA_cryptopp.cpp
#g++  -o ECDSA_test.out -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  -lcryptopp -lpthread -lpython2.7 ECDSA_cryptopp.cpp
g++ -shared -lcryptopp -lpthread -lpython2.7 UniversalTimer.o BinaryData.o BtcUtils.o BlockObj.o BlockObjRef.o BlockUtils.o EncryptionUtils.o CppBlockUtils_wrap.o -o ../_CppBlockUtils.so
ld: library not found for -lcryptopp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [swig] Error 1

Also, bitcoinarmory.com's download page still points to .56-alpha, not .60-alpha

torusJKL

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 01:13:51 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 01:29:22 PM by torusJKL

I have not upgraded to Lion yet so I can't reproduce.
The problem seems to be in the first few actions. This is how the log looks on my machine
Code:
$ make swig
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  UniversalTimer.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  BinaryData.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  BtcUtils.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  BlockObj.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  BlockObjRef.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  BlockUtils.cpp
g++  -c -O2 -pipe  -I/usr/include/cryptopp -Icryptopp -fPIC -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  EncryptionUtils.cpp
swig -c++ -python -classic -outdir ../ -v CppBlockUtils.i
Language subdirectory: python

Why does your installation only compile EncryptionUtils.cpp?

Regarding bsddb3, what error do you get? Did you pull the latest commit?

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 02:09:19 PM

I have not upgraded to Lion yet so I can't reproduce.
Why does your installation only compile EncryptionUtils.cpp?

Regarding bsddb3, what error do you get? Did you pull the latest commit?

It looks to me like Red Emerald had already tried a few compilation steps, so all the .cpp's had already been compiled.  For whatever reason, only EncryptionUtils needed to be recompiled on this step (did you change something in that .cpp file?).  The real issue you are running into here is that linking is failing when trying to find libcryptopp.so (or whatever extension it is in OSX).  My guess is that you need a "-L" option in the make file to tell it where to find this non-standard library.  If it was brewed/installed already, it probably exists somewhere like /usr/local/brew/cryptopp/libcryptopp.dylib, in which case you can modify the makefile to say:

Code:
-L/usr/local/brew/cryptopp -lcryptopp

That says that it needs to link with "cryptopp" (i.e. it should look for libcryptopp.dylib somewhere), and then the -L tells it where it might find it.  Figure out where it is, then plug in the correct path.  If it is a "default" location for cryptopp when using homebrew, then let me know where that is, I might be able to modify the makefile to accommodate...

Btw, a long time ago, Swift Geek helped me setup a cmake system for Armory.  It was still around version 0.51, and I don't know if it worked. It didn't solve the problem I had been working on that day, so I simply switched back to master and kept developing.  Who knows, maybe it will improve the OSX compiling.  If someone has some patience to try it with that branch, and it happens to resolve a lot of problems, I can look into merging it into master.

torusJKL

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 04:05:50 PM

Could this be the file we are looking for:
Code:
$ ls -lah /usr/local/lib | grep crypto
lrwxr-xr-x    1 user  group    42B Feb  5 20:00 libcryptopp.a -> ../Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib/libcryptopp.a

Do you have
Code:
/usr/local/lib
in your path?
Code:
$ cat /etc/paths

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 04:30:38 PM

Could this be the file we are looking for:
Code:
$ ls -lah /usr/local/lib | grep crypto
lrwxr-xr-x    1 user  group    42B Feb  5 20:00 libcryptopp.a -> ../Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib/libcryptopp.a

Do you have
Code:
/usr/local/lib
in your path?
Code:
$ cat /etc/paths

Files with the .a extension means statically linked.  I have been thinking about doing that to avoid these problems in the future, but haven't done it yet.  Until then, the project is setup to use the -l options, which requires a .so or .dylib. 

You can do a 'find . | grep crypto' from any directory to search the entire subdir tree for a file with that name. 

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 04:43:38 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 05:49:45 PM by Red Emerald

Files with the .a extension means statically linked.  I have been thinking about doing that to avoid these problems in the future, but haven't done it yet.  Until then, the project is setup to use the -l options, which requires a .so or .dylib.  

You can do a 'find . | grep crypto' from any directory to search the entire subdir tree for a file with that name.  
Well that would be a problem.

I ran the find command from my homebrew folder.
Code:
$ find . | grep crypto
./Cellar/cryptopp
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/3way.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/adler32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/aes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/algebra.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/algparam.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/arc4.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/argnames.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/asn.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/authenc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/base32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/base64.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/basecode.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/bench.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/blowfish.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/blumshub.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/camellia.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cast.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cbcmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ccm.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/channels.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/config.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cpu.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/crc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/default.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/des.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dh.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dh2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dll.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eax.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ec2n.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eccrypto.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ecp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/elgamal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/emsa2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eprecomp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/esign.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/factory.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/files.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/filters.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/fips140.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/fltrimpl.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gcm.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf256.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf2_32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf2n.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gfpcrypt.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gost.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gzip.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hex.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hrtimer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ida.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/idea.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/integer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/iterhash.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/lubyrack.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/luc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mars.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md4.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md5.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mdc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/misc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modarith.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modexppc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mqueue.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mqv.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/nbtheory.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/network.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/nr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/oaep.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/oids.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/osrng.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/panama.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pch.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pkcspad.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/polynomi.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pssr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pubkey.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pwdbased.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/queue.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rabin.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/randpool.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc5.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc6.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/resource.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rijndael.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ripemd.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rng.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rw.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/safer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/salsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/secblock.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seckey.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seed.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/serpent.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/serpentp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/sha.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/shacal2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/shark.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/simple.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/skipjack.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/smartptr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/socketft.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/sosemanuk.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/square.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/stdcpp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/strciphr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/tea.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/tiger.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/trdlocal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/trunhash.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ttmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/twofish.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/validate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/vmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/wait.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/wake.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/whrlpool.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/winpipes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/words.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/xtr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/xtrcrypt.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zdeflate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zinflate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zlib.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/INSTALL_RECEIPT.json
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib/libcryptopp.a
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/LICENSE
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/README
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/include/openssl/crypto.h
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.a
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/share/man/man3/crypto.3
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/share/man/man3/ERR_load_crypto_strings.3
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/include/openssl/crypto.h
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.a
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/share/man/man3/crypto.3ssl
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/share/man/man3/ERR_load_crypto_strings.3ssl
./Cellar/pyqt/4.9.1/share/sip/QtCore/qcryptographichash.sip
./Cellar/qt/4.8.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qcryptographichash.h
./include/cryptopp
./lib/libcryptopp.a
./Library/Aliases/libcryptopp
./Library/Formula/cryptopp.rb
./Library/LinkedKegs/cryptopp
Should I try linking to the ones installed with openssl? pkgconfig and libcrypto.dylib are there.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 05:00:35 PM

Files with the .a extension means statically linked.  I have been thinking about doing that to avoid these problems in the future, but haven't done it yet.  Until then, the project is setup to use the -l options, which requires a .so or .dylib.  

Well that would be a problem.

I ran the find command from my homebrew folder.
Code:
$ find . | grep crypto
./Cellar/cryptopp
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/3way.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/adler32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/aes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/algebra.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/algparam.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/arc4.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/argnames.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/asn.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/authenc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/base32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/base64.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/basecode.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/bench.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/blowfish.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/blumshub.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/camellia.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cast.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cbcmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ccm.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/channels.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/config.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cpu.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/crc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/default.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/des.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dh.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dh2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dll.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/dsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eax.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ec2n.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eccrypto.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ecp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/elgamal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/emsa2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/eprecomp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/esign.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/factory.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/files.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/filters.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/fips140.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/fltrimpl.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gcm.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf256.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf2_32.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gf2n.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gfpcrypt.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gost.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/gzip.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hex.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/hrtimer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ida.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/idea.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/integer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/iterhash.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/lubyrack.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/luc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mars.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md4.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/md5.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mdc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/misc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modarith.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/modexppc.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mqueue.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/mqv.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/nbtheory.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/network.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/nr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/oaep.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/oids.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/osrng.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/panama.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pch.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pkcspad.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/polynomi.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pssr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pubkey.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/pwdbased.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/queue.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rabin.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/randpool.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc5.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rc6.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/resource.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rijndael.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ripemd.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rng.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/rw.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/safer.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/salsa.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/secblock.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seckey.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/seed.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/serpent.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/serpentp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/sha.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/shacal2.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/shark.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/simple.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/skipjack.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/smartptr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/socketft.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/sosemanuk.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/square.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/stdcpp.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/strciphr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/tea.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/tiger.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/trdlocal.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/trunhash.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/ttmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/twofish.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/validate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/vmac.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/wait.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/wake.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/whrlpool.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/winpipes.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/words.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/xtr.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/xtrcrypt.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zdeflate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zinflate.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/include/cryptopp/zlib.h
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/INSTALL_RECEIPT.json
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/lib/libcryptopp.a
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/LICENSE
./Cellar/cryptopp/5.6.1/README
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/include/openssl/crypto.h
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.a
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/libcrypto.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/share/man/man3/crypto.3
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8r/share/man/man3/ERR_load_crypto_strings.3
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/include/openssl/crypto.h
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.a
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/libcrypto.dylib
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/share/man/man3/crypto.3ssl
./Cellar/openssl/0.9.8s/share/man/man3/ERR_load_crypto_strings.3ssl
./Cellar/pyqt/4.9.1/share/sip/QtCore/qcryptographichash.sip
./Cellar/qt/4.8.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers/qcryptographichash.h
./include/cryptopp
./lib/libcryptopp.a
./Library/Aliases/libcryptopp
./Library/Formula/cryptopp.rb
./Library/LinkedKegs/cryptopp

Should I try linking to the ones installed with openssl? pkgconfig and libcrypto.dylib are there.

Btw, you should use "code" blocks for those chunks of info, so it doesn't consume the whole screen.  (I applied it in your quote above)

It looks like cryptopp is getting copied to the system, they even provided you a library for static linking, but I don't see where it would be dynamically linked.  libcrypto.dylib and OpenSSL are different libraries.  In fact, I started with Crypto++ for reasons I can't explain, and now I keep wondering if I should switch to OpenSSL or something that will have less linking problems.  I think I just need to modify the makefile to statically link crypto++ and this problem will go away entirely (90% of compile/linking issues on non-OSX is related to it)

torusJKL

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 01:42:48 AM

The only .so or .dylib files that I could find are
Code:
$ ls -lah /usr/lib | grep crypto
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  group   3.2M Jun 25  2010 libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  gtoup   4.1M Apr 23  2011 libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  group   786K May 29  2009 libcrypto.0.9.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  group    21B Jun  2  2011 libcrypto.dylib -> libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 01:46:26 AM

The only .so or .dylib files that I could find are
Code:
$ ls -lah /usr/lib | grep crypto
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  group   3.2M Jun 25  2010 libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  gtoup   4.1M Apr 23  2011 libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  group   786K May 29  2009 libcrypto.0.9.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  group    21B Jun  2  2011 libcrypto.dylib -> libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib

Well, that's confusing.  Is there a .dylib in the Armory directory?  There must be something else going on that I don't understand.  To clarify (torus), it works on your system and you can't find a libcryptopp.dylib anywhere?  I wonder what it's linking against... Maybe it got compiled somehow?  

Sounds like I should stop talking about static linking and finally do it.  I'll make a new branch and see if I can get the Makefile to work for this purpose.  Sooooo many compilation problems will go away.  Especially easy since I actually have all the Crypto++ source code in the project because it's needed for Windows, so I might as use it for the other platforms too.  It shouldn't be too hard:  I'll work on that right now.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 02:40:33 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 03:13:08 AM by etotheipi

New cryptoppstatic branch for Linux & OSX!

This is for Linux & OSX:  Please do a fresh checkout of Armory and do a "git checkout cryptoppstatic" to switch to the new branch.  Just pull in the new changes and try it again (git pull).  You should be able to follow the instructions exactly the same as before, but there will be no dependence on libcryptopp.so/.dylib.  This should clear up some OSX issues, and in Linux you should no longer need the "LD_PRELOAD" command.  

It will take longer to build the first time, because crypto++ will be compiled (it wasn't, before).  Then when Armory is built, it will include libcryptopp.a in the compilation, and never has to look for any cryptopp-related dynamic libraries or shared objects ever again!  

So far, this works fine on my linux system:  nearly transparent except for the first compile time.  The downside is that it increases the final shared object from 2 MB to 11 MB.  But that's  pennies, and acceptable considering all the problems I'm fixing!  If I hear that this solves some problems with OSX, I will merge it into master.  

EDIT:  I just tested it in Ubuntu 11.10 and it works fine without the LD_PRELOAD command.  So far, I'm not finding a downside! 
EDIT2:  I just merged it into master.  So don't even bother switching branches!

take5

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:26:14 AM

I had just finished fixing that crypto++ problem too. Smiley Ah well a little thinking never hurt anyone.
Anyways I was wondering if you could shed some light on this problem I'm having importing my wallets. Every time i try I just get this error:
Code:
allets with blockchain...
Advanced
Handshake finished, connection open!
Reading wallet file: /media/Music_3.22.2012/Armory/armory_8RNp9sEw_.wallet
/media/Music_3.22.2012/Armory/armory_8RNp9sEw_.wallet
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1637, in <module>
    sys.exit(app.exec_())
  File "/home/evan/Bit/qt4reactor.py", line 231, in _iterate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 793, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 465, in execIntroDialog
    self.execImportWallet()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1331, in execImportWallet
    self.execGetImportWltName()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1356, in execGetImportWltName
    fname = self.getUniqueWalletFilename(dlg.importFile)
exceptions.NameError: global name 'dlg' is not defined
f9beb4d9

Thanks in advance!
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 03:55:41 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 04:23:14 AM by etotheipi

I had just finished fixing that crypto++ problem too. Smiley Ah well a little thinking never hurt anyone.
Anyways I was wondering if you could shed some light on this problem I'm having importing my wallets. Every time i try I just get this error:
Code:

Thanks in advance!

Ahh yes, I introduced a silly bug in 0.60 when adding the wallet-migration and it's a super-easy fix.  In fact, I just changed two lines and pushed it to the repo.  Do a pull and try again.

Hope that helps!

torusJKL

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 06:13:17 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 06:58:34 AM by torusJKL

Pulled the changes.
Swig builds fine on my machine.
But ArmoryQt.py does abort with an error
Code:
Number of wallets read in: 1
   Wallet (SfVQTBew):      "Public Wallet"    (Encrypted)
Internet connection is Available:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1620, in <module>
    ignoreblk=options.ignoreblk)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.setupNetworking()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 549, in setupNetworking
    print 'Internet connection is Available: ', self.internetAvail
AttributeError: 'ArmoryMainWindow' object has no attribute 'internetAvail'

It worked until the commit
Code:
commit e7dd944676ac505e982ae7e06ba9275549e30995
Author: etotheipi <etotheipi@gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Mar 22 23:55:30 2012 -0400

Fixed Armory-wallet-file import bug in 0.60

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 07:37:34 AM

Pulled the changes.
Swig builds fine on my machine.
But ArmoryQt.py does abort with an error
You got further than I did. What kind of system are you running?

Code:
$ python ArmoryQt.py 
********************************************************************************
Loading Armory Engine:
   Armory Version:       0.60
   PyBtcAddress Version: 1.00
   PyBtcWallet  Version: 1.35
Detected Operating system: Mac/OSX
   User home-directory   : /Users/bwstitt/Library/Application Support
   Satoshi BTC directory : /Users/bwstitt/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/
   Satoshi blk0001.dat   : /Users/bwstitt/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/blk0001.dat
   Armory home dir       : /Users/bwstitt/Library/Application Support/Armory/
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap: 6

This is as far as I got when I got the -I and -L flags added to the Makefile.  I followed the directions, except I am running Mac Os 10.7.3 and Xcode 4.0.3.

I was running Xcode 4.0.1 before (didn't notice there were updates), and updating that got bsddb3 to install.

I also have ccache installed, but that shouldn't make a difference. It just saves me lots of time when I recompile.

If you get the RAM requirement down, I'd almost rather run Armory in a VM.  brew is nice, but yum and apt are a lot better since they install the system libraries instead of competing with them.

torusJKL

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 07:42:43 AM

I use OSX 10.6.8 with Xcode 4.0.2

My guess is that Lion comes with Python 2.7 whereas Snow Leopard came with Python 2.6.
Thus I'm using Python 2.7 from Homebrew.

Maybe you can try to switch the OSX Python version with the one from Homebrew?

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 07:49:05 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 09:17:09 AM by Red Emerald

I use OSX 10.6.8 with Xcode 4.0.2

My guess is that Lion comes with Python 2.7 whereas Snow Leopard came with Python 2.6.
Thus I'm using Python 2.7 from Homebrew.

Maybe you can try to switch the OSX Python version with the one from Homebrew?
I got it loading!

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.2/lib/libpython2.7.dylib /usr/lib/libpython2.7.dylib

And then I had to rebuild bsddb3

Alright this is awesome. Now I just need to get my watching wallet on here.  I'll send another donation soon! Got to go to sleep now.

EDIT: Here is what I did.
Code:
Prerequisites:
Mac OS 10.7.3
Xcode 4.0.3
Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/)

Install homebrew packages:
brew update
brew install ccache # optional
# set up your path for ccache by following homebrew's instructions
brew install python cryptopp swig sip qt pyqt berkeley-db

Create symlinks to the homebrew python installation:
sudo mv /usr/include/python2.7{,.orig}
sudo mv /usr/lib/python2.7{,.orig}
sudo mv /usr/lib/libpython2.7.dylib{,.orig}
sudo ln -s `brew --cellar python`/2.7.2/include/python2.7 /usr/include/python2.7
sudo ln -s `brew --cellar python`/2.7.2/lib/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.7
sudo ln -s `brew --cellar python`/2.7.2/lib/libpython2.7.dylib /usr/lib/libpython2.7.dylib
========================================================
Install twisted:
`brew --prefix`/share/python/easy_install-2.7 twisted

Install bsddb3:
export BERKELEYDB_INCDIR=`brew --cellar berkeley-db`/5.3.15/include
`brew --prefix`/share/python/easy_install-2.7 bsddb3

Clone Armory source code:
cd ~
git clone git://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory.git
cd ~/BitcoinArmory

Make SWIG Modules
export PYTHONPATH=`brew --prefix`/lib/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export CFLAGS=”-arch x86_64″
export ARCHFLAGS=”-arch x86_64″
cd ~/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig
make swig

Run Armory:
cd ~/BitcoinArmory
python ArmoryQt.py

Too Awesome. Can't sleep.  I realized I can import my small satoshi wallet and so I sent you another coin.

EDIT: I ran 'py2applet --make-setup ArmoryQt.py' and then 'python setup.py py2app -A' and it makes ArmoryQt.app and it works! However, I can't get it to work without the -A flag, so it isn't actually distributable.

Code:
$ python setup.py py2app
running py2app
creating /Users/bwstitt/BitcoinArmory/build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/python2.7-standalone/app
creating /Users/bwstitt/BitcoinArmory/build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/python2.7-standalone/app/collect
creating /Users/bwstitt/BitcoinArmory/build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/python2.7-standalone/app/temp
creating /Users/bwstitt/BitcoinArmory/dist
creating build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/python2.7-standalone/app/lib-dynload
creating build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/python2.7-standalone/app/Frameworks
*** using recipe: virtualenv ***
error: /usr/local/bin/../Cellar/python/2.7.2/share/sip: No such file or directory

I know sip is needed for qt.

Code:
"""
This is a setup.py script generated by py2applet

Usage:
    python setup.py py2app
"""

from setuptools import setup

APP = ['ArmoryQt.py']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True, 'includes':['sip']}

setup(
    app=APP,
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=['py2app'],
)

It builds now, but It crashes immediately.  So much for sleep Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: