Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 03:17:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mutual Credit Clearing on top of the Blockchain ...  (Read 656 times)
KawalGrover (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:10:40 PM

I want to take the ideas by Thomas Greco (End of Money and Beginning of Civilization) and marry them to the ideas of the Satoshi Nakamoto's Blockchain protocol.

This particular proposal would bring together an ecosystem in which many

- Altcoins that allow for smart contracts,
- Meta Layers on top of Bitcoin (Mastercoin, Counterparty, Colored Coins, etc)
- and systems like Open Transactions

to speak a shared common language to create, discover and manage credit clearing on the Blockchain.

Below is a gist:
https://gist.github.com/kawalgrover/10342419

Also, here is a brief presentation talking about it.
http://prezi.com/vgrwz3nzvky-/ananda/

I would like to team up with other Bitcoin enthusiasts, developers, economists and see if there is any interest/viability in this project.

Most of the pieces we need to use are already there. Just bring this together.

If interested, just respond to this. I am currently travelling with patchy access. But would love to connect with people who are interested in this.

Basically, the idea is to build some proof of concept on one or more altcoin or preferably on the OT Server or even Mastercoin or Counterparty to see if it works and encourage the developers of their own ecosystems to just follow a certain specification that can then allow for easy discoverability and interoperability of these mutual credit clearing contracts.

"The Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives right, and that is why it is starting to take off." Julian Assange.

I feel this proposal brings the incentives for a lot of people on the Crypto-currency ecosystem in a fairly well balanced manner (alt coins, Meta Layers on Bitcoin and Bitcoin itself and even perhaps Side Chains when we have more information on them.

I am not a hardcore low level developer and its taken me a lot of time just to wrap my head around the basics but I would HIGHLY appreciate any valuable input from developers here.

- Peace.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: