Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart money is HOLDING not day trading  (Read 1857 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:31:44 AM

day trading something that goes up and down 50% based on someone farting is just borderline suicidal.
the people with the real money are buying and HOLDING
barry silbert and co are holding 100k bitcoins not selling any
winklevii are holding not selling any
only day traders who think they know how to interpret which way the fart travels are doing the whole price manipulation. overall they get slaughtered in the the long run

price is going up. don't worry let the fart chasers do their interpreting

ok

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:36:59 AM

I like a portfolio allocation of 99.5% holding 0.5% day trading.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:39:14 AM

Completely ignoring every chance to make profits from short-term trades is not good advice....sorry.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:42:28 AM

Your completely incorrect, you're mistaken if you think they don't make a lot of money out of the volitlaity

ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:52:56 AM

Day traders arent bankrolled with millions of dollars. If I had millions to put into BTC I wouldnt be day trading.

So I churn out those gains because I want more coins. And this market is so much easier than any other... basically ever
superduh (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:34:14 AM

Your completely incorrect, you're mistaken if you think they don't make a lot of money out of the volitlaity

they don't make any money if they don't day trade!
barry silbert fund can't "sell off" for 1 or 2 years
winkelevii haven't sold 99.99 of their coins (so they say)
fortress capital hasn't sold anything
other hudge fund dude hasn't sold any.
exfacebook guy hasn't sold any of his
yes you can make a lot of money off volatility IF you know how to interpret it and make money off it. plenty of people are losing off each trade.
unlike the "completely fabricated" stock market. it's really hard to game cryptocurrency since apparently someone farting determines direction of price.

ok
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:39:36 AM

Day trading was great today, for the Bulls and the Bears.

Day traders arent bankrolled with millions of dollars. If I had millions to put into BTC I wouldnt be day trading.

So I churn out those gains because I want more coins. And this market is so much easier than any other... basically ever

$340 to $417
A fantastic day for "bottom fishing"  Smiley

ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:00:09 AM

$340 to $417

Mmhmm, that comment was not intended to be taken about day traders.  Smiley

It is true, smart money is not day trading (I wouldn't use the term smart money to describe anyone < whale) ... there is no liquidity for it anyway
zakalwe

Activity: 445

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:15:56 AM

$340 to $417

10.2 $ and still holding........THAT is a good gain. And not going to sell until 5000 minimum. I can wait.
 Grin
Jonivdb

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:17:12 AM

Smart money is selling, the market is plumbing!
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:18:25 AM

you can make money if you know how to daytrade .
zakalwe

Activity: 445

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:22:59 AM

Smart money buy more at this price, boy.

Anyways gents, being day trader or hodlers please stay safe! Cryptos can be a good way to improve wealth but the blockchain is a miracle that can be used for change many things in this world.

Don't waste money and health.

Peace all.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:00:31 AM

Yes plumbing is a huge market:

Did you know Mark K did all the plumbing for Gox?

heytherebaby

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:58:09 AM

yes you can make a lot of money off volatility IF you know how to interpret it and make money off it. plenty of people are losing off each trade.
unlike the "completely fabricated" stock market. it's really hard to game cryptocurrency since apparently someone farting determines direction of price.

Hahahaha. Yes the hudge fund dude. I can't even deal with the stupidity of this forum sometimes. The HUDGE fund! HUDGE FUND! Those hudge fund doods. Fudge fund. Hudge fudge fund doods extreme!

Hey what hudge fund dude? Hudge fund. Hudge fund. Hudge fund. I can't stop saying hudge fund. I mean how are you just gonna write hudge fund! HUDGE. FUND. I'm going to name my first born child Hudge Fund Dude.

Your a moron.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:06:23 AM

Hahahaha. Yes the hudge fund dude. I can't even deal with the stupidity of this forum sometimes. The HUDGE fund! HUDGE FUND!

he meant to say HUGE FUND Wink

i am satoshi
aulonocara

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:28:09 AM

Your a moron.

*You're
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:31:42 AM

BTW, how much market makers ( exchanges and daytraders ) got from total btc mined ?

PS. I dont like the idea to drop the btc price in order to bitcoin would be used as money. it will make btc more vulnerable... for me bitcoin is like gold, period... plus it has value, in other words it is useful. For instance, a hammer can have a price (numeraire, literally a techinic to allow comparison between apples and oranges. ) of 3,2,1, etc.. made by market makers... but the real value of the hammer is what you can do with it as tool to build something. I think Winklevoss are rigth about anchor btc prices in more stable lands rather than theses crazy swings from btc exchanges also I hope side chain proposal will take over ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
heytherebaby

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:53:04 AM

You're a hudge fund! HUDGY HUDGY HUDGY HUDGY HUDGY HUDGE FUND!

Hudge fund, hudge fund hudge fund hudge fund. Hudge fund? Hudge fund hudge hudge fund. Hudge fund!

.....Hudge Fund!
DrBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

day trading something that goes up and down 50% based on someone farting is just borderline suicidal.
only day traders who think they know how to interpret which way the fart travels are doing the whole price manipulation. overall they get slaughtered in the the long run

I must say your technical analysis of the relational linkage between fluctuating market caps and farts is quite compelling.  Please elaborate the principals of your thesis, perhaps a peer review is in order.  Good day sir.
superduh (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

I must say your technical analysis of the relational linkage between fluctuating market caps and farts is quite compelling.  Please elaborate the principals of your thesis, perhaps a peer review is in order.  Good day sir.

i'm glad you noticed the importance of analyzing people's farts and the effect it has on the growth of bitcoin. i've been working on this theory for the last 8 months and have gathered several data points. it will be peer reviewed once it's finalized and i'll release the research freely to all the retarded analysts out there.

here's some highlights:
the louder the fart the quicker the price changes. (velocity)
slow farts change on average 5 times slower than a big gassy fart.
silent farts, are slow to affect the market
silent but deadly farts usually affect the market up to 42%

farts by banksters are usually ignored. although those fuckers are real gassy. their farts range all over the place and have no consistency. JP Morgan officials have the worst farts to date.
now, government farting is all over the place. and to save face for the public officials this data will be thoroughly analyzed before being released.
for some reason there has been too much focus on which direction the gas flies from China. but the chiense officials try to control the direction and intensity  of it all as they buy up all the bitcoins and laugh their way to the bank.

so yes, do keep checking the tv, the newspapers, your neighbors "informed" opinion about which way the fart is flowing and who dealt it

ok
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: