Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Darkcoin release schedule / inflation rate?  (Read 1086 times)
josiahgarber (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:01:00 AM

Having a hard time nailing it down.  It's important in calculating whether / how much to invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:04:33 AM

Approximately 1 million coins per year, with that amount going down by 7% every year.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:47:42 AM

I believe Darkcoin is the only coin that uses inverted block rewards based on the current difficulty (the exact formula is in the Darkcoin announcement thread). The higher the network hash and resulting diff, the lower the number of coins awarded. As such, the number of coins released per year can only be estimated.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:01:10 AM

the next update for Darkcoin is the 25th of May when Masternode Payments will be enabled.

i suspect there will be a buy up between now and then

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:06:22 AM

I believe Darkcoin is the only coin that uses inverted block rewards based on the current difficulty (the exact formula is in the Darkcoin announcement thread).

What you meant to type is, Darkcoin is one of the few coins that uses a coin emission method designed from the ground up to be a pyramid scheme.  The more hash you throw at it, the less coins come out, rewarding day 1 miners who got the 500 reward blocks even more.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
keystonepetplace

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:32:35 PM

Approximately 1 million coins per year, with that amount going down by 7% every year.

What is worst case scenario if hash rate drops significantly in the future?  Is it capped at 1 million per year or could it be significantly more than that?
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:27:49 PM

I believe Darkcoin is the only coin that uses inverted block rewards based on the current difficulty (the exact formula is in the Darkcoin announcement thread).

What you meant to type is, Darkcoin is one of the few coins that uses a coin emission method designed from the ground up to be a pyramid scheme.  The more hash you throw at it, the less coins come out, rewarding day 1 miners who got the 500 reward blocks even more.

Translation: I didn't invest so now I bitch about non-issues. Cry me a river.
iHeartSmartArt

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

Having a hard time nailing it down.  It's important in calculating whether / how much to invest.
  The total coins is estimated closer to 21.3 but are told 22m~ lower is better so this is a good thing.
I believe Darkcoin is the only coin that uses inverted block rewards based on the current difficulty (the exact formula is in the Darkcoin announcement thread). The higher the network hash and resulting diff, the lower the number of coins awarded. As such, the number of coins released per year can only be estimated.
True, Darkcoin is the only coin which has build in A.I to adjust the reward. This helps people gauge the market value

What is worst case scenario if hash rate drops significantly in the future?  Is it capped at 1 million per year or could it be significantly more than that?
 Darkcoin will have no problem maintaining hash-rate as X11 is cooler and faster. The reward system is unlike any other with profitability keeping the miner count up.
Masternodes offer an even greater incentive bringing constant buying pressure to exchanges

You are just in time for the first anonymous digital currency. https://darkcointalk.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: