Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this potentially work? Bitcoin + Bittorrent  (Read 762 times)
chsados (OP)

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 03:21:16 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 08:51:01 PM by chsados

I imagine a mesh of bittorrent technology and bitcoins ability to combat double spending. Instead of the p2p system of block sharing only consisting of tokens or whatever, could we not also use it as a torrent network? Perhaps this could be used to combat piracy and also evolve the old distribution model of media into a more efficient, secure system. I imagine somehow it could be set up so that if a user where to purchase a movie/song with a bitcoin and that his unique coin key would forever be identified with that user. Or perhaps every view costs a very small amount, I would have to understand how bitcoin works properly to find a way to implement its protocol in this instance but I feel there should be an easy way.
Bittorrent is currently working on technology that allows the streaming of movies through a p2p system. Once this technology advances this could potentially work.
Perhaps the massive Hollywood production firms could contribute computing power to run/mine the system and theoretically keep costs down to a minimum and passing the savings onto consumers. Pioneer One could start doing this right now.
Fans could create mining pools with the promise all proceeds could go towards funding a tv season/movie/album etc. To take that another step further new "Kickstart" services could pop up where screen writers/artists could pitch their creative ideas in hopes fans would join a mining pool to fund said project.
Does any of this sound feasible or am I just way too stoned?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EndTheBanks

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 03:40:11 PM

This is potentially a great example of authoritarian thinking applied to decentralized systems. Obviously that never works.

I imagine somehow it could be set up so that if a user where to purchase a movie/song with a bitcoin and that his unique coin key would forever be identified with that user.

Alright, I setup a Tor bridge, get some clean Bitcoins and purchase a movie/song then I upload it to wherever I please. You got nothing on me.

It solves nothing. All you have is Kickstarter with mining rigs: Does that have any merit unto itself?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: