Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEAD] Coiledcoin - yet another cryptocurrency, but with OP_EVAL!  (Read 67982 times)
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:46:26 AM

Not to mention that there's very little chance to miss an old tx.
New miners can't "receive all tx'es".  They can only receive newly broadcast txs. So basically every time a new miner comes online, it will be missing lots of old txs.

I might be reading the protocol specs wrong but I was under the impression that it's at least possible (if not the default) to receive all objects in the peer's inv message, which can include blocks and/or tx-es. As long as the peers are correctly broadcasting known tx-es not linked to blocks, a newly connected node should see old tx-es too. Maybe someone with a better understanding of the implementation can tell us if that's so or you are right?

If you are right, I guess that's a problem which should be fixed, independent of my idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 12:47:07 AM

I threw the source up on github for safekeeping, maybe someone will fork it?

https://github.com/Tittiez/coiledcoin

And if anyone needs a windows client, here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1pg3jb55p17r2k8  -  Daemon Included
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:04:29 PM

News at 11

Luke Jr. can't take down LTC so he 51% attacks a new GPU currency

Is this still true?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:05:33 PM

As far as I know he switched to just plain old mining it. Using his pool's users' hashing power, of course.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

As far as I know he switched to just plain old mining it. Using his pool's users' hashing power, of course.

-MarkM-

Probably didn't bother telling his miners though Wink

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:09:53 PM

-MarkM-

Probably didn't bother telling his miners though Wink

Yes, he used Eligius miners to merge mine this and killed it by rejecting any transactions. Not sure if he's still doing this.
He cannot perform the same attack on Litecoin, because Litecoin uses scrypt and cannot be merge mined with Bitcoin.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:12:54 PM

News at 11

Is this still true?
Not quite. There are a couple of vulnerabilities in Litecoin that can be used as soon as they're disclosed. I don't think they can be used in a legal manner (without permission from the targets), though. Would be nice to see real-world effects of one of them being exploited, so I'm hoping the Litecoin dev team and some volunteer users can agree on a specific day to do this.

Not quite "plain old mining", since I only accepted huge transaction fees. And it didn't use the pool users.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:13:39 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 11:41:14 PM by markm

He didn't just reject transactions, in fact I don't know if he rejected transactions at all. He "killed" it by rejecting blocks he didn't mine, so no one else could mine blocks.

Most other miners dropped out, I see only two connections since long long ago, one of which might be him. However I do not have an incoming port routed so it is possible there are other miners out there that also have no incoming port thus that I cannot attain a connection with.

I have been getting blocks for a long time, but not many since Elgius (or whoever it is that is still mining it) has a lot more hashing power than I do.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:18:52 PM

News at 11

Is this still true?
Not quite. There are a couple of vulnerabilities in Litecoin that can be used as soon as they're disclosed. I don't think they can be used in a legal manner (without permission from the targets), though. Would be nice to see real-world effects of one of them being exploited, so I'm hoping the Litecoin dev team and some volunteer users can agree on a specific day to do this.

Not quite "plain old mining", since I only accepted huge transaction fees. And it didn't use the pool users.

So essentially it is still true until you have the vulnerability info...lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 07:50:42 AM

So, anyone actually got any coiledcoins left?

Luke-Jr, how about you? Presumably you racked up quite a few of them during your attack?

Since dirt cheap cryptocurrencies are really fun for gamers to have fun with, players are interested in how much these things go for nowadays...

-MarkM-

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:05:29 AM

So, anyone actually got any coiledcoins left?

Luke-Jr, how about you? Presumably you racked up quite a few of them during your attack?

Since dirt cheap cryptocurrencies are really fun for gamers to have fun with, players are interested in how much these things go for nowadays...

-MarkM-
Testnet works.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 08:15:49 AM

Testnet works.

We gave up on using testnet for games a long long time ago, because of a chain-restart.

It does not matter if the game-coins in a game-character's pocket are worthless, but having them vanish from their pocket is not acceptable.

This is why we are trying to only use coins that are already secured by one or more hardcoded checkpoints. Antique coins of a "dead" (aka "darknet"?) chain are great for game use, as the more hardcoded checkpoints that have gone by the more confidence players have that if enough hashing power can ever be mobilised to bring them back out of the closet the coins their character has will still be in the blockchain.

-MarkM-

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:31:35 AM

sounds spooky
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 05:23:00 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2012, 05:41:41 PM by markm

Someone mentioned in a PPCoin thread they were having trouble compiling a copy of coiledcoind.

I don't know which one I am using, when I do "git pull" to see where I pull it from I get asked for username and password, so I think maybe whatever github repo I had been pulling it from is no longer up there or something.

I have archived the copy I am using, I would have added a checkpoint but my debug.log only shows some aux proofs of work found no normal ones and I am not sure if the aux ones would work as checkpoints.

Also, the thing totally lacks any checkpoints, the whole checkpoints array contents are commented out.

I have created a directory for CoiLedCoin at https://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/

-MarkM-

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:45:17 PM

Someone mentioned in a PPCoin thread they were having trouble compiling a copy of coiledcoind.

I don't know which one I am using, when I do "git pull" to see where I pull it from I get asked for username and password, so I think maybe whatever github repo I had been pulling it from is no longer up there or something.

I have archived the copy I am using, I would have added a checkpoint but my debug.log only shows some aux proofs of work found no normal ones and I am not sure if the aux ones would work as checkpoints.

Also, the thing totally lacks any checkpoints, the whole checkpoints array contents are commented out.

I have created a directory for CoiLedCoin at https://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/

-MarkM-

it was me:
CLC: auxpow.cpp:127: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/nogui/auxpow.d: File not found
CLC source from: https://github.com/Tittiez/coiledcoin <-- any other source?
GRP: success -> 2 connections lol

another question, whats this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/RUCoin/

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
baggyp

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:45:19 AM

I don't particularly have any incentive to respond to the scammers that I foiled, given the significant cost (in time) to do so. Nor do I have any financial loss or care particularly if people want to stop mining on Eligius because they were in on the scam (or any other reason). I will clarify that Eligius miners were not adversely impacted by this, and that the CLC mining involved only adding data that I hashed myself to my own transactions; and I was careful to ensure that nobody lost any confirmed CLC. If any Eligius miner wishes to inquire further, I will take the time to answer specific to-the-point questions which are signmessage'd with an active (ie, has mined in the past week) Eligius payout address that has earned at least 2000 TBC (5.36870912 BTC) over all time.

Eligius is a Bitcoin mining pool and I am, as always, committed to doing my best to contribute to and protect the Bitcoin ecosystem. Pyramid schemes built upon forks of the Bitcoin software ultimately discredit and harm Bitcoin's reputation. I hope CoiledCoin will be the last of such scams now that it is clear there are people (not just myself) willing to stand up to them. Namecoin alone demonstrates a legitimate, innovative use of Bitcoin technology, and while I don't personally agree with their ideals/goals, I see it as a good thing for Bitcoin and worth cooperating with.

cablepair, regarding Devcoin, I don't see any reason to treat it as different from any other scamcoin. I will at least discuss it with you on IRC before doing anything other than mining it with the almost-unmodified (zero txn fee, zero post-maturity delay) Devcoin client.

P.S. While the opposition seem to be very venemous and vocal, I have gotten a lot more positive support from a head-count perspective.
This is better than I could ever imagine: religious freakery mixed with golden calf worship really produces comedy gold.

Godminer-Jr is warning you: if you have a nice little research chain it would be sad to see it unable to process transactions. It has been written on the tablets revealed on Mt.Sinai: Thou shalt have none other chains before mine (Deuteronomy 5:4-21).

[/quote

"Thou shalt not post in the necrotic threads of times forgotten... Unless it amuses thee." (Bagz 13:37)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 02:58:23 AM

This chain has been humming along nicely lately, not a very high difficulty and you can merged-mine it so what the heck eh.

There are not enough reasonably well behaved merged-mine-able coins in existence to really see how many one could reasonably mine at once, but this one seems well-behaved so it doesn't hurt to include it in the merge.

(i0coin on the other hand tended to eat 20+% of my 8 gigs of RAM and since yesterday is for some reason now eating about 40% (40+% yesterday, 39.9% right now).

-MarkM-

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:51:44 AM

This chain has been humming along nicely lately, not a very high difficulty and you can merged-mine it so what the heck eh.

There are not enough reasonably well behaved merged-mine-able coins in existence to really see how many one could reasonably mine at once, but this one seems well-behaved so it doesn't hurt to include it in the merge.

(i0coin on the other hand tended to eat 20+% of my 8 gigs of RAM and since yesterday is for some reason now eating about 40% (40+% yesterday, 39.9% right now).

-MarkM-

im dropping i0coin soon, with every block it gets more insane (since the memleak in validating blocks). CLC is doing fine tou.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:16:35 PM

Is there a qt client for this? I want to do some test mining on it.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 04:18:06 AM

I suspect it pre-dates qt, as it uses multicoin, which was a system intended to let you design coins in the config file without having to hack the code. I think qt came along later.

Maybe though once it is on some exchanges people might manage to rustle up some spare coin to make a bounty for updating it to base in on bitcoin-qt...

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: