Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SA trolls are back  (Read 1976 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 01:34:05 AM

The SA trolls are back at it again. You motherfuckers aren't going to come here to start shit anymore. People like me WILL start calling you pieces of shit out.

I'm gonna start my Troll hunting list, as the price goes up, except the animosity to increase guys. We have to handle these assholes RIGHT the first time...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 01:39:12 AM

The SA trolls are back at it again. You motherfuckers aren't going to come here to start shit anymore. People like me WILL start calling you pieces of shit out.

What does SA mean ?

And also : why is anything I've said so far giving
you such a hard-on, I wonder ?

Cause you're obviously fucking trolling.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 02:12:54 AM

The last SA post I could find having anything to do with Bitcoin was from 12/12/2011.  I looked around yesterday.  I really miss the bastards, and they did the Bitcoin community a great service by exposing various things that we were to closed-minded to look at IMHO.

I used to read the Bitcoin threads when they were open.  Sometimes there were some real gems, but near the end it got to where there were only on per several pages.

Also, the SA forum was an amazingly good study in groupthink.  They would basically ban anyone who said anything potentially positive about Bitcoin.

I really miss FAtlas who was head and shoulders more funny than any of the other goons.  Near the end of his interest on the SA threads he was lamenting the fact that he was to lazy or stupid to figure out Bitcoinica so he could short Bitcoin to the end.  Lucky for him that his deficiencies kept him safe.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 02:21:18 AM

The last SA post I could find having anything to do with Bitcoin was from 12/12/2011.  I looked around yesterday.  I really miss the bastards, and they did the Bitcoin community a great service by exposing various things that we were to closed-minded to look at IMHO.

I used to read the Bitcoin threads when they were open.  Sometimes there were some real gems, but near the end it got to where there were only on per several pages.

Also, the SA forum was an amazingly good study in groupthink.  They would basically ban anyone who said anything potentially positive about Bitcoin.

I really miss FAtlas who was head and shoulders more funny than any of the other goons.  Near the end of his interest on the SA threads he was lamenting the fact that he was to lazy or stupid to figure out Bitcoinica so he could short Bitcoin to the end.  Lucky for him that his deficiencies kept him safe.

They are all just really sick people, who are consumed within their own negative thoughts. Did you know that they have had multiple shooting deaths in that community?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Awful#Shooting_deaths

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it here again: They encourage this kind of behavior .
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 02:30:06 AM

The last SA post I could find having anything to do with Bitcoin was from 12/12/2011.  I looked around yesterday.  I really miss the bastards, and they did the Bitcoin community a great service by exposing various things that we were to closed-minded to look at IMHO.

I used to read the Bitcoin threads when they were open.  Sometimes there were some real gems, but near the end it got to where there were only on per several pages.

Also, the SA forum was an amazingly good study in groupthink.  They would basically ban anyone who said anything potentially positive about Bitcoin.

I really miss FAtlas who was head and shoulders more funny than any of the other goons.  Near the end of his interest on the SA threads he was lamenting the fact that he was to lazy or stupid to figure out Bitcoinica so he could short Bitcoin to the end.  Lucky for him that his deficiencies kept him safe.

They are all just really sick people, who are consumed within their own negative thoughts. Did you know that they have had multiple shooting deaths in that community?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Awful#Shooting_deaths

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it here again: They encourage this kind of behavior .

Do they also encourage the systematic use of the bold tag ?

Sorry, couldn't help it Smiley

+1
I used to love SA, back in like 2000-2001.  Apparently the state of things there has degenerated, and that seems kinda scary.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 04:28:58 AM

Hey, cool whoever split and re-named this thread.  I didn't know it could be done.

I was just looking again at SA, and it looks like they closed down the last Bitcoin thread which is why it ceased on 12/12.  Maybe this thread will create some more interest and they'll come back.

If BTC values continue to go up I would be surprise if any of them are going to come back with egg all over their faces.  Hopefully Bitcoin will live up to it's potential one day some of the goons will be kicking themselves over not doing a little bit of independent thought and and missing the boat.

As far as they being whacked out homicidal freaks, I really did not get that impression.  Similar to this board, a percentage of them seemed pretty sharp and/or decent, and the remainder seemed to be your run-of-the-mill floatsam and jetsam of humanity without much to say.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 04:58:51 AM

Hey, cool whoever split and re-named this thread.  I didn't know it could be done.

I was just looking again at SA, and it looks like they closed down the last Bitcoin thread which is why it ceased on 12/12.  Maybe this thread will create some more interest and they'll come back.

If BTC values continue to go up I would be surprise if any of them are going to come back with egg all over their faces.  Hopefully Bitcoin will live up to it's potential one day some of the goons will be kicking themselves over not doing a little bit of independent thought and and missing the boat.

As far as they being whacked out homicidal freaks, I really did not get that impression.  Similar to this board, a percentage of them seemed pretty sharp and/or decent, and the remainder seemed to be your run-of-the-mill floatsam and jetsam of humanity without much to say.

They are generally disillusioned and nothing is good enough for them and they get their kicks from making fun of ANYTHING -- nothing is sacred, and man I gotta admit that attitude was punk as fuck and fun as hell when I was in my late teens - early 20's.

But I'm SO fucking glad BTC did not come around back then, because I probably would have been on the goon side and missed it all.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 06:05:19 AM

They are generally disillusioned and nothing is good enough for them and they get their kicks from making fun of ANYTHING -- nothing is sacred, and man I gotta admit that attitude was punk as fuck and fun as hell when I was in my late teens - early 20's.

But I'm SO fucking glad BTC did not come around back then, because I probably would have been on the goon side and missed it all.

Now that I think of it, I bet I would have been on the goon side also at that age.

In fact, even at my age were I to lack one of two of my properties, I likely would ignore or even be hostile to Bitcoin.

1) ability to grasp the technical concepts underlying the Bitcoin system.

2) disdain for the features of our modern monetary systems and what they do to a majority of people.

So Bitcoin came at a very opportune time for me (or at least that will end up being the case if Bitcoin attains it's potential.)

---

For better or worse, I really never lost the enjoyment I get out of making fun of ANYTHING, and very very little is sacred to me.  Certainly Bitcoin is not.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 02:23:14 PM

I'm gonna start my Troll hunting list, as the price goes up, except the animosity to increase guys. We have to handle these assholes RIGHT the first time...

You do realize reacting like this is EXACTLY what they want and are trolling for in the first place? 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 10:14:19 PM

I almost forgot, you and bbit had hard evidence that I was an SA troll. Funny, I've been around a while...
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 10:51:02 PM

I almost forgot, you and bbit had hard evidence that I was an SA troll. Funny, I've been around a while...

I had you pegged as a goon for some reason.  Maybe just 'cuz someone labeled you as such at some point.  But that never mattered much to me.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 11:18:45 PM

I had you pegged as a goon for some reason.  Maybe just 'cuz someone labeled you as such at some point.  But that never mattered much to me.

Good enough for me.  Get the pitchforks boys!

Or a forklift...he's a big boy  Wink

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 03:23:44 AM

Good enough for me.  Get the pitchforks boys!

Or a forklift...he's a big boy  Wink

You guys quit picking on my friend, Randy.

BadBear forgot to post an image with his post:

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 04:17:00 AM

This was taken from another thread in speculation. I didn't make this into a new thread lol. It was moved...
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 04:21:40 AM

Long long ago (September), I was inspired to make this picture because of all the shit about Bruce Wagner and SA.
Here we go again.

(BFL)^2 < 0
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 06:37:26 AM

I used to love SA, back in like 2000-2001.  Apparently the state of things there has degenerated, and that seems kinda scary.

SA is a lot more moderated now than it was in 2000-2001, when it was pretty much anything goes a lot like 4chan.

Any community of 150,000 plus people - whether real or online - is going to have its fair share of unstable people.  There'll no doubt come a day when a Bitcoin user commits some heinous crime and it would be ridiculous to blame Bitcoin or this forum for their actions when it happens.  Hell, a forum member already got put in a life-threatening situation by someone accepting Bitcoins as a payment method for fake insulin but the scammer is just a scammer using all the methods at his disposal to scam people - Bitcoins didn't make him that.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
buttcoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 04:44:53 PM

FlipPro you seriously need some help. I'm not "trolling" or trying to get a rise out of you, you are in a manic state and you need to talk to a professional.

Get well, buddy.

buttcoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 05:07:30 PM

I'm not reopening the thread unless Bruce Wagner comes back  Angry

makomk

Merit: 564

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:14:37 PM

I really miss FAtlas who was head and shoulders more funny than any of the other goons.  Near the end of his interest on the SA threads he was lamenting the fact that he was to lazy or stupid to figure out Bitcoinica so he could short Bitcoin to the end.  Lucky for him that his deficiencies kept him safe.
I think that had rather less to do with laziness and rather more to do with the fact that shorting Bitcoins would require trusting Bitcoinica.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:58:29 PM

FlipPro you seriously need some help. I'm not "trolling" or trying to get a rise out of you, you are in a manic state and you need to talk to a professional.

Get well, buddy.

That's an official prescription from Doctor Buttcoin ...  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: