Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I dont think we should evolve any longer as humans  (Read 2190 times)
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:35:44 PM

Why not? I would like some parts of ours to evolve further.

5 fingers? fuck that, gimme 8 so I can type easier. Our eyes? Do you know how shitty our eyes are compared to other animals? It's cause they were evolved to work perfectly under water, then when we started walking on land we had to evolve it from that so it never got perfect. We can't see things right in front of our noses, we cant see things 500 meters away in detail, we can't even see in the night which fucking sucks. Cheesy

Evolve that shit to the max level and then I'll be satisfied. Cheesy
Acidyo

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:36:42 PM

I'm not at all interested in living forever but If we could extend life for another 100 years or so I'd be very happy with that.  Life seems to be very fast and spending more times with my loved ones would be priceless IMO.

I heard that google had recently invested in a company that experiments with immortality and how to obtain it. Looking at google, they haven't failed with much lately. Smiley
skarto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

hay

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

There are many things happening with science and technology, we are destroying freedom with technology.  Unless we all can can stand up up to against our goverments, are kids are gonna learn to accpet the gov bullies.

I agree with you "we are destroying freedom with technology" but if not democratic governments, then the corporate bad guys, terrorists, etc could take over government and everything could be put to a lot of bad things happen
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:50:28 PM

we should evolve to a place where we can generate long quantum vanity bitcoin addresses without worrying about people hacking our accounts  Shocked

i am here.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:09:56 PM

Idk about you people but I for one can't wait for transhumanism. And there's also a smallish chance that some people alive today will be around when we learn to stop aging, who wouldn't want that?

True transhumanism does not come from external mechanics, it comes from within.  Love is what we're looking for, not machines.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:19:03 AM

I don't understand people who don't want to stop aging. It makes no sense to me. Some guy in his 30s may say now that he wouldn't like to live forever, well, wait till you're 70. Aging is a disease, it's just one that we don't know how to cure yet.

And hey, if you get bored of life at 200 years old, you'd be free to just kill yourself. That doesn't mean everyone should die because of some weird rationalization, or worse, religion.

If we stopped aging, people would actually start caring about the environment, because it'd no longer be someone else's problem, it'd be YOUR problem.

And the overpopulation argument is also bullcrap. If people knew they wouldn't age, maybe they wouldn't pump out babies like it's their job. Richer people already have less babies than the poor. The world isn't even close to being overpopulated yet, either, it's just the distribution of wealth that's a problem. And also in the future, synthetic food will be available, and we will start to colonize other planets, etc...

Saying that stopping aging would be bad because of overpopulation is like saying curing cancer would be a bad thing, because too many people would survive!
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:27:12 AM

the only way someone could live to 200 is if they stopped worrying about $$ completely.

i am here.
jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:46:59 AM

I think humans still evolve but doesn't have much impact like in the past because of our technology. I don't think we need to evolve further what for. I think we are at peak now as an organism. What we need is to further advance our technology.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:16:47 AM

5 fingers? fuck that, gimme 8 so I can type easier. Our eyes? Do you know how shitty our eyes are compared to other animals? It's cause they were evolved to work perfectly under water, then when we started walking on land we had to evolve it from that so it never got perfect. We can't see things right in front of our noses, we cant see things 500 meters away in detail, we can't even see in the night which fucking sucks. Cheesy

This a gold comment love ya for this one.  8 fingers thats great.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:54:21 AM

No, you will not be needing any hands in the future. Because it will be directly connected to your brain.

kuroman

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:36:15 AM

There are many things happening with science and technology, we are destroying freedom with technology.  Unless we all can can stand up up to against our goverments, are kids are gonna learn to accpet the gov bullies.

Unless you change the human nature, which is not happening anytime soon, things will not change, no matter what you do, it's in our human nature to be stupid, greedy, and selfish and systems like capitalism exploit the human nature very well, there is enough resources on earth to make EVERYONE live a decent life, yet the system is built to make a 1% super rich elit a 9% rich, a 20% okish, and the rest poor.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:08:58 AM

No, you will not be needing any hands in the future. Because it will be directly connected to your brain.
What do you mean with this?

Unless you change the human nature, which is not happening anytime soon, things will not change, no matter what you do, it's in our human nature to be stupid, greedy, and selfish and systems like capitalism exploit the human nature very well, there is enough resources on earth to make EVERYONE live a decent life, yet the system is built to make a 1% super rich elit a 9% rich, a 20% okish, and the rest poor.
That's a bit of paradox, since it's also in human nature to care for others, and helping people in need makes us feel good.
At the same time we're greedy and selfish and constantly want more.
If we just stopped wanting more and would settle with having just enough, the world would be a much better place. One cannot do everything, but everyone can do something.
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:29:01 AM

The brain will be directly connected to the computer. You don't need to type to computers, cellphones, remote, connecting to intenet etc. All you need is to think it. You don't need to go to school because lessons will directly uploaded to your brain. You don't to watch movies all you need is upload it to your brain.

blacksails

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:48:55 AM

The brain will be directly connected to the computer. You don't need to type to computers, cellphones, remote, connecting to intenet etc. All you need is to think it. You don't need to go to school because lessons will directly uploaded to your brain. You don't to watch movies all you need is upload it to your brain.
Sounds like fun life. I mean, that's just destroying the meaning of life, and the joy of living. I would not take part in such a dystopian future.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:19:52 AM

That's a bit of paradox, since it's also in human nature to care for others, and helping people in need makes us feel good.
At the same time we're greedy and selfish and constantly want more.
If we just stopped wanting more and would settle with having just enough, the world would be a much better place. One cannot do everything, but everyone can do something.
If humans stopped wanting to improve and have more, there would be no more technological advancement, everything would just stagnate. These traits that so many people seem to pretend to hate is the reason why we are where we are as a race today.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:35:41 AM

Idk about you people but I for one can't wait for transhumanism. And there's also a smallish chance that some people alive today will be around when we learn to stop aging, who wouldn't want that?

True transhumanism does not come from external mechanics, it comes from within.  Love is what we're looking for, not machines.
Aren't machines better? Wouldn't you want to be a robot or hybrid (and look like Iron man)?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sausage

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:32:25 PM

Would we ever even notice evolution in anything?
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:48:43 PM

"it's a bird it's a plane it's superman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtYEpx4Bsc
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

Would we ever even notice evolution in anything?

No since it moves so slow. We can notice adaptations though like in birds and dogs but only by studying them.
blacksails

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:39:37 PM

Aren't machines better? Wouldn't you want to be a robot or hybrid (and look like Iron man)?
I wouldn't. And to be honest I don't think many people really does.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: