Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security of smartphones and apps  (Read 550 times)
wolfeen (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:24:45 PM

Hello,
I would sometimes like to ask those of you who have a similar smartphone / tablet use and feel comfortable with them with the security there.

I myself have not a smartphone but recently a tablet . Among other things, I am against a smartphone just because of the safety aspect . After all, you always hear that countless apps want to have unlocked vast amounts of data that just too far in the privacy or whatever one may call it, penetrate . Since I 'm much safer with my old Nokia without Internet access.

Now that I have a tablet , logically, with a few games apps , I can see what needs to be because sometimes demands for things. Fortunately, I have , etc. stored on my tablet no contact , which is why it is not there I think so shimmed, as for example like on a smartphone. I think for this reason the whole " app " system for very questionable, as it has the appearance as if one could really do nothing about these apps , unless they just simply do not install . In addition, these brief details " to access .... " not really saying much and can contain quite a lot. The risk that this sensitive information be spied seems to be quite high.
Unfortunately, this system seems to be the future , as much as it bothers me ... So what can you do against such " intelligence " of the apps ?

Because of the apps I do not trust me anyway me to log on my tablet on bitcoiness or similar. I 'm afraid that any app has the right to take notes all ... also is indeed the google authentication on my tablet .. some apps have access to all other apps , so the Garth is still in danger, right?
Oh and where we are already at Garth, white one of you, how the possible hide / password protect can Oder? Don't find it very reassuring that the Google Auth there is simply "freely available" on my tablet and each of the times comes to my tablet could access it.

How far advanced are antivirus systems on smartphones ? And how dangerous apps from sources that are not just from specific stores ? Is this comparable to the security on your PC when you open files from unknown origin , or is it worse / better?
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:37:40 AM

With root access and Xprivacy you can limit what the app is allowed to collect or see from the device.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:58:16 AM

When using Android devices you should read a manifesto before installing any app.
It is highly not recommended to install .apk from unknown stores / web sites.

I suggest to install AVG Antivirus for Android devices.
Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:04:30 AM

I don't trust any devices now. Anything can have backdoors.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:17:31 AM

With root access and Xprivacy you can limit what the app is allowed to collect or see from the device.
This is useful for Android devices.

For iOS, I've heard that there is a built-in support for this; you can control app permissions on app-by-app basis. So if you think 'reading contacts' is not necessary for your news-reader app, you can deny the permission.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: