Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seized coins sale  (Read 4971 times)
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:39:25 AM

Do they even have the private keys for the addresses? I thought that the .gov had not recovered those. If they don't have them, they won't be selling...

Yes, they've already moved them to another address.

1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH
1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:12:28 AM

Quite funny... to watch all those people begging.

Put your BTC to a good cause. Help the homeless in this cold winter instead of sending it off to the government and seized wallets. 1ApgG6MHvZkcM2tEZDLPvzmhbmX4BGuib1

Send some BTC pl0x... I'm 19 and broke Sad

Dear gentle people; please help support a series of crypto-currency workshops in Cape Town, South Africa. Any donations get attendees started with BTC: 19qjiHTmUsDx33tgMYZU1HsTam5UC8pm4

And some intelligent people have realized the advertisement potential:

Coin Ticker iOS app: Real-time Bitcoin and altcoins market data and portfolio management.

Looking for a good web designer? I accept BTC, LTC, PCC, NMC... http://www.adrienleboeuf.fr
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:31:58 AM

The two addresses in question are the two addresses that are owned by and set up by the FBI.  As they found BTC they transferred them to these two addresses that they control.  I do not know exactly how they found/got the BTC to transfer them, but the fact remains that they control the two addresses:

https://blockchain.info/address/1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX

about $15,167,478.74 (when I posted this) from the Silk Road web site/server.

https://blockchain.info/address/1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH

about $73,816,259.11 (when I posted this) from DPR himself.

They have permission from the courts to auction off the smaller amount - the amount they took from the silk road server.  The larger amount is tied up because DPR has claimed ownership of them.

They have auctions all the time.  They know how to auction off seized property.  They have web sites for exactly that purpose.  That is what they know how to do so that is what they will do.  We just need to monitor the various goobermint web sites used to auction off seized property and bid on the BTC when they come up for auction.

Unless they some how manage to lose the private keys, which is totally possible for them to do, then they are SOL.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:36:09 AM

Yes. Jurisdiction is a complex issue in cases like this, but the US government has jurisdiction over things occurring within their borders.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

one company (I think Australian?) offered to buy them at a 15% discount already, which is sick because its easy to sell them at 10% premiums.  if I had the capital I'd put in a bid.

And any company/person buying them will not be punting them to kill the market, that would make no sense.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:06:13 PM

one company (I think Australian?) offered to buy them at a 15% discount already, which is sick because its easy to sell them at 10% premiums.  if I had the capital I'd put in a bid.

Talking about this?

I saw this article a little while back, don't know if there has been any developments, but I doubt they would just dump their coins...

http://www.businessinsider.com/falcon-global-capital-offers-to-buy-the-fbis-bitcoins-2014-2

It  was just a rumor.... nothing serious.
Fatpony

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:08:19 PM

Nothing will happen, if they decide to do they wont sell it for cheap, and they won't sell it on one day. Or they will use it to trade on some other "shady' sites and trap users......
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:33:26 PM

Nothing will happen, if they decide to do they wont sell it for cheap, and they won't sell it on one day. Or they will use it to trade on some other "shady' sites and trap users......

Hmm... they can sell it in just one day, using a private auction. There is a lot of demand for cheap Bitcoins. But still I would be expecting a steep discount, ranging from 10% to 20%.
Fatpony

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

Hmm... they can sell it in just one day, using a private auction. There is a lot of demand for cheap Bitcoins. But still I would be expecting a steep discount, ranging from 10% to 20%.

I don't remember how much did MtGOx took for transaction but the question is why would you risk all if you are going to sell it for 10-20% of the current price?  Then can sit on them for months and sell 1-2% each day. 2000Btc isn't that much.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:04:47 PM

Why do you expect them to sell at a discount?  In a well advertised auction they could go for a premium even.  It just depends on how many people are bidding and how emotional they get - just like any other public auction.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:17:31 PM

I don't see this happening unless they could make a good profit or it was an attempt to damage BTC's credibility.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:28:35 PM

I imagine the auction winners will be known publicly.  This might be the largest amount of coins with a known owner, besides Satoshi.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

I imagine the auction winners will be known publicly.  This might be the largest amount of coins with a known owner, besides Satoshi.

The purchase will almost certainly be made by an investor/company who has plans for the coins. Which means ultimately they will be brought into circulation again. A very good thing.

I doubt anybody is going to buy that many coins to sit on them for years.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

I imagine the auction winners will be known publicly.  This might be the largest amount of coins with a known owner, besides Satoshi.

lol... the biggest holder of Bitcoins right now is the Mt Gox thief.

Check this:

OhMyCoin

Activity: 117

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:35:01 PM

what the...  Shocked Angry
honorem

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:41:08 AM

we are doomed Cheesy

hope not lol

There are other coins to take BTC place Smiley

They are all dependend on the btc price
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:41:29 AM

I imagine the auction winners will be known publicly.  This might be the largest amount of coins with a known owner, besides Satoshi.

Check this:

But bad thing now very big quantity is not in circulation just because of this bitcoin going down badly

honorem

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:45:00 AM

Check this:

https://i.imgur.com/N7TAUpJ.png

Fake screen
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:50:23 PM

looks like scam
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:59:08 PM

we are doomed Cheesy

hope not lol

There are other coins to take BTC place Smiley

Other coins?  what coins could take over BTC place? I personally don't know any.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: