Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Custom Made Wooden Mining Rig - 5870 - 1784MH/s - UK Only - £1000  (Read 5538 times)
CYPER (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:04:29 PM

Thank you for your offer, but I'll wait and see if anyone wants to buy the whole system - I've spent too much time and effort making it to see it apart. It's my pride Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:09:16 PM

Great looking and working rig here Smiley
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 05:38:45 PM

Wink
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 11:05:30 PM

Grin
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 12:48:35 AM

$900 AUD shipped to AU......??
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 01:08:16 AM

about 1 month now with no takers, I may be interested - let me know your best price GBP atm & for shipping to Spain (I also can get good rates for this if it needs to go via courier), I haven't mined before so would appreciate the tech support necessary on how to connect this up & to get it mining being included in the deal

cheers

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 03:27:24 AM

about 1 month now with no takers, I may be interested - let me know your best price GBP atm & for shipping to Spain (I also can get good rates for this if it needs to go via courier), I haven't mined before so would appreciate the tech support necessary on how to connect this up & to get it mining being included in the deal

cheers

what do you mean, i did take it look above you... best in best served!!! spose the auction now may begin...
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:23:30 AM

cheers

Sorry, your offer is way below what I would accept.
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:27:41 AM

cheers

If tech support is added to the equation then the price is as you see it in the title - £1000 or the same in BTC delivered. Like I said I'm not in any rush and already got some good offers on PM, just not good enough Smiley
What I offer is a complete package that will deliver proven results Wink
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

OK forget the tech support, I'd just need very clear & simple instructions of what to plug in where & what I need to do to get it mining for the first time here, last month you offered it at €1,100 if paid in BTC to include shipping, which is £919 - so I'd expect an offer of £900 or less including shipping & to be using an escrow. Unfortunately I have some issues with my power supply that need to be resolved before I committed myself to this if we were to agree on a price etc, I hope to get that sorted in the next couple of weeks

What is the power consumption kW/h & efficiency MH/W

CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 03:13:19 PM

OK forget the tech support, I'd just need very clear & simple instructions of what to plug in where & what I need to do to get it mining for the first time here, last month you offered it at €1,100 if paid in BTC to include shipping, which is £919 - so I'd expect an offer of £900 or less including shipping & to be using an escrow. Unfortunately I have some issues with my power supply that need to be resolved before I committed myself to this if we were to agree on a price etc, I hope to get that sorted in the next couple of weeks

What is the power consumption kW/h & efficiency MH/W

If you would not require tech support (such as installing Ubuntu, drivers, miners, scripts, SSH) then I can reinstate the price of 1100 Euros shipped and that will be my lowest offer.

Power consumption for 1784MH/s is 800W average/830W Peak from the wall, so taking into account the efficiency of the PSU the hardware uses 750W from the PSU.
1784MH/s / 800W = 2.23MH/W

I would say that is very efficient Wink

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 03:38:35 PM

thanks for the info, that all sounds good, but I'd assumed that Ubuntu, drivers, miners, scripts, SSH & anything else that needed to be installed to mine would be already on it as you're using it for that I'd guessed, then you'd just need to explain to me how to point it at a pool or set that up for me would be best, otherwise I'll check out round here to see if anyone could do that for me & show me how to maintain it

if you haven't sold it by towards the end of next month then I expect to be visiting the UK for the last week or so & if we'd agreed everything then perhaps I could then pay in cash or BTC after you'd given me a demo plus any instructions I'll need & take it straight to shippers unless it can be well enough packed for hold luggage & hopefully by then I would have sorted out my 'lecy problem

CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:08:14 PM

thanks for the info, that all sounds good, but I'd assumed that Ubuntu, drivers, miners, scripts, SSH & anything else that needed to be installed to mine would be already on it as you're using it for that I'd guessed,

I stopped mining months ago when the BTC exchange rate fell under $3, because it was not enough even to pay my electricity. Since then the rig has been staying in my wardrobe under a blanket  Grin waiting for better days. I just can't be bothered with mining any more - electricity here is expensive and the rig was sitting in the corridor next to my door so it was an annoyance when trying to sleep.
Yes the rig is fully installed with all the necessary software, but I would rather format the hard drive as it holds a lot of personal information such as passwords and logins - I hope you understand.

then you'd just need to explain to me how to point it at a pool or set that up for me would be best, otherwise I'll check out round here to see if anyone could do that for me & show me how to maintain it

I could help Smiley

if you haven't sold it by towards the end of next month then I expect to be visiting the UK for the last week or so & if we'd agreed everything then perhaps I could then pay in cash or BTC after you'd given me a demo plus any instructions I'll need & take it straight to shippers unless it can be well enough packed for hold luggage & hopefully by then I would have sorted out my 'lecy problem

That's a lot of time, but will see Smiley
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:21:54 PM

thanks for the info, that all sounds good, but I'd assumed that Ubuntu, drivers, miners, scripts, SSH & anything else that needed to be installed to mine would be already on it as you're using it for that I'd guessed, then you'd just need to explain to me how to point it at a pool or set that up for me would be best, otherwise I'll check out round here to see if anyone could do that for me & show me how to maintain it

If you want help setting it up ( either from scratch or as left by CYPER ) I can help.

I got mine setup with cgminer and best software combinations and settings too without overvolting etc. = rock stable. One rig gets about 1.5 BTC / 24 hours if you know where to look.

I have got exactly the same setup on two rigs over here with 4*5870s on each and getting exact hashrate like CYPER and even same wattage ( 750W at wall on a SB rig and 850W at wall on old P4 rig ).

Happily mining at 1780 mhash/s each of them.

Let me know if you need help !

My rates are very reasonable.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:40:38 PM

many thanks to you both for the offers  Smiley

ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 10:03:03 PM

Are you interested in parting out the cards?
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 12:31:20 AM

Are you interested in parting out the cards?

Not really, unless you make me an offer I can't refuse  Grin
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:45:49 AM

The rig to me, the card to him  Grin
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:57:52 PM

The rig to me, the card to him  Grin

Just got an offer for 1400 AUD, but the shipping charges I find to Australia are ridiculous. I wrote back to the guy to see what he can offer about the shipping.

If anyone can offer anything better please do Smiley
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:10:52 PM

hi again,

I'll worry about my 'lecy being cut off later I guess so am happy to accept your offer of GBP equivalent to €1,100 including shipping to Spain, if you'd like a free holiday then feel free to bring it over yourself - though we've also got the EU Siberian winds cold snap atm, can you just remove your private data & leave all the rest pointed at an easy to start with miner or set one up for me, I don't mind if you know my passwords ID etc for that, let me know how best we can escrow this - if you can trust me I'm happy to Internet bank the £s on delivery or BTC as you like, my eBay ID is over 10 years of 100% very positive feedback with well more than 1,000 transactions if that helps

looking forward to giving your fab miner a new home in the sun, feel free to visit it any time you like  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: