im from austria, i don't know much about ron paul but payed attention to him the last 2 years or so cause i heard alot...
1. i doubt he has any chance of winning
2. he is -kind- of republican which -kind- of speaks for itself
3. he is "libertarian" - a term which is very disputed - i call myself also libertarian most of the time, cause im kind of a libertarian socialist (anarchist/anarchosyndicalist/antifascist/progressive communist), but the "libertarian" ron paul uses is rather right wing than anarchist.
4. weapons for everybody, criminalize abortion and beeing a conservative patriotic protectionist .. well, kind of outdated, isn't it?
5. i apreciate his antiimperalism, thought i think its rather more populism than serious
6. and finally: obamas comming 4 years will certainly come with more change than the last 4 years did
summa summarum: i would reelect obama. maybe with some urge to
but ron paul would also give me some