Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something is holding cryptocurrency innovation in India.  (Read 2086 times)
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:31:20 PM

Am cleaning this up to make it even simpler.
http://coinsecure.in/this-wallet/

Its a wallet to accept payments through Coinbase and then answer the callback along with page redirection.

It has been requested before, should be open sourcing the code in a day or two.

It validates the withdrawal address as well.

Looks like its not generating any thing now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:50:16 AM

Its a wallet to accept payments through Coinbase and then answer the callback along with page redirection.

Clicked start? Seems fine to me. Its the same code u tested few days back.

Just needs a code cleanup is all.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:23:53 AM

Clicked start? Seems fine to me. Its the same code u tested few days back.

Just needs a code cleanup is all.

When you put in the email address the  frame goes blank.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

My bad. Was changing some var names.
Its fixed now.

Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:31:50 PM

India is the IT outsourcing hub of the world, there are tens of thousands of tech engineers graduating every year. The IT sector tops the share market..Bangalore,chennai, Hyderabad  and whats not..

But even with all of these what is the role of our country in cryptocurrency ecosystem?

There are hundreds of alt coins and not a single one is from India.

only one or two exchanges are there in India..

There are projects like Etherium, Blockchain 2.0 applications etc..Does anyone from India play any role in it?

I feel something is really holding this nation back inspite of its abundant IT human resource.

Whats your opinion ..
I work in this "IT outsourcing industry", let me tell you the truth about the industry as a whole --- it relies on and merits mediocrity -- most so called IT people cant code to save their life.  

Companies like Infy/Wipro work on numbers - their attitude is if 1 brilliant person can do it -- fill it with 10 mediocre people with low salary and they can achieve it. I can even give you a practical example -- there has been a recent surge on big data -- many of the so called "java experts" (cause hadoop implementation is written in java) jumped in. The most they can deliver is a working code, right from the book. Companies dont want to hire a Yahoo employee cause with his salary they can hire 10 freshers -- shove java and hadoop down their throats, make them work 12 hrs to get something working.

That said, there are intelligent programmers too but many of them wont work until they have a real monetary advantage being presented to them. They will put in hours and hours into some new technology from Oracle just so that they can learn and demand more money in IT using the niche skills.

Alternatively, bitcoin doesnt really interest them ..cause there is no company which considers it a niche skill and will pay 10s of lakhs to hire them.

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
saasz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:43:32 PM

We are working on a bitcoin project and hiring at competitive pay.

Please get in touch with me, as we have been look for quality programmers and more importantly, passionate about the wide spread adoption of bitcoins.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:47:46 PM

Looks like the BJP might form the new govt
What does that mean for cryptos regs in India?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:00:36 PM

India is the IT outsourcing hub of the world, there are tens of thousands of tech engineers graduating every year. The IT sector tops the share market..Bangalore,chennai, Hyderabad  and whats not..

But even with all of these what is the role of our country in cryptocurrency ecosystem?

There are hundreds of alt coins and not a single one is from India.

only one or two exchanges are there in India..

There are projects like Etherium, Blockchain 2.0 applications etc..Does anyone from India play any role in it?

I feel something is really holding this nation back inspite of its abundant IT human resource.

Whats your opinion ..
I work in this "IT outsourcing industry", let me tell you the truth about the industry as a whole --- it relies on and merits mediocrity -- most so called IT people cant code to save their life.  

Companies like Infy/Wipro work on numbers - their attitude is if 1 brilliant person can do it -- fill it with 10 mediocre people with low salary and they can achieve it. I can even give you a practical example -- there has been a recent surge on big data -- many of the so called "java experts" (cause hadoop implementation is written in java) jumped in. The most they can deliver is a working code, right from the book. Companies dont want to hire a Yahoo employee cause with his salary they can hire 10 freshers -- shove java and hadoop down their throats, make them work 12 hrs to get something working.

That said, there are intelligent programmers too but many of them wont work until they have a real monetary advantage being presented to them. They will put in hours and hours into some new technology from Oracle just so that they can learn and demand more money in IT using the niche skills.

Alternatively, bitcoin doesnt really interest them ..cause there is no company which considers it a niche skill and will pay 10s of lakhs to hire them.

I can absolutely stand b your word. It is full of IT coolies over innovators.

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:19:20 AM

Basically the problem is IT graduating students are not well familiar with Bitcoin concept , I think we should think on it , Can we try to include some part of bitcoin in their syllabi as they are already studying Cryptography n all ...

Are you serious?..their subject syllabus is decided by the universities..How do you make them accept it in first place.

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:43:42 AM

Basically the problem is IT graduating students are not well familiar with Bitcoin concept , I think we should think on it , Can we try to include some part of bitcoin in their syllabi as they are already studying Cryptography n all ...

Are you serious?..their subject syllabus is decided by the universities..How do you make them accept it in first place.

+1

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:29:43 PM

The syllabus may be decided by the uni's, but the interest in students is normally generated by the professors themselves.

Some Examples:
My cuz did a stall on Bitcoin for her IT fair in Coimbatore at her college. More than 2K leaflets were given out there.
Another example was another cuz studying in Japan, where her lecturer from Germany took few classes on Bitcoin for them.

I have received 3 requests from uni's around South India and 1 from Cal to talk to their students about Cryptocurrencies.

To get universities to start talking about Bitcoin, target lecturers, give small amounts as a reward to them. That will jumpstart a movement across colleges in India.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:55:16 PM

According to me giving guest lectures or getting engaged in expos is much different from adding bitcoin academically.
Even Vikram presented guest lecture on bitcoin to IIT on behalf of BAI. They also paid for return tickets and stay. But I doubt this getting to main stream academics till govt take some stand on it.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:56:47 PM

The syllabus may be decided by the uni's, but the interest in students is normally generated by the professors themselves.

Some Examples:
My cuz did a stall on Bitcoin for her IT fair in Coimbatore at her college. More than 2K leaflets were given out there.
Another example was another cuz studying in Japan, where her lecturer from Germany took few classes on Bitcoin for them.

I have received 3 requests from uni's around South India and 1 from Cal to talk to their students about Cryptocurrencies.

To get universities to start talking about Bitcoin, target lecturers, give small amounts as a reward to them. That will jumpstart a movement across colleges in India.

Thats a really great plan and if we really go ahead and do this we are next only to MIT's project of distributing bitcoins to students...We will be on the headlines of coindesk...and if our students come forward and develop apps, Thats really nice to think about..

cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:57:51 PM

According to me giving guest lectures or getting engaged in expos is much different from adding bitcoin academically.
Even Vikram presented guest lecture on bitcoin to IIT on behalf of BAI. They also paid for return tickets and stay. But I doubt this getting to main stream academics till govt take some stand on it.

IIT which place?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 03:09:36 PM

Some Examples:

Thats a really great plan and if we really go ahead and do this we are next only to MIT's project of distributing bitcoins to students...We will be on the headlines of coindesk...and if our students come forward and develop apps, Thats really nice to think about..

Students will help dramatically with the build up of the Bitcoin infrastructure.
While reaching out to them directly is a massive effort, especially considering the demographics of India, the low hanging fruit would be to reach out to lecturers and economists.

People who have direct access to the students.

Putting some Bitcoin in their hands and getting them to understand the incentive could bear far greater results.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:37:20 PM

IIT which place?
IIT Patna.
From what I heard there was an announcement in college regarding lecture and any one could attend. Vikram said about 200 turned up. I would say it is a big number.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

IIT which place?
IIT Patna.
From what I heard there was an announcement in college regarding lecture and any one could attend. Vikram said about 200 turned up. I would say it is a big number.

When did it take place ?

cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:27:35 PM

Next time please upload the lecture videos on youtube..

Soon vikram ji is going to be Andreas Antonopolous of India..
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:41:24 PM

IIT which place?
IIT Patna.

When did it take place ?
In march from what i remember. He was honored with a momento - so nice people Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

Next time please upload the lecture videos on youtube..

Soon vikram ji is going to be Andreas Antonopolous of India..
No video coverage this time. I would say he is a great public speaker and not every one has that talent !

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄