Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have ZERO Bitcoins? Why?  (Read 3436 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 11:03:03 AM

I offer to give Bitcoins away to friends and family.  No takers.

We're solving this problem in the DCAO.

The Defence Counsel Association of Ottawa?

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

I offer to give Bitcoins away to friends and family.  No takers.

We're solving this problem in the DCAO.

The Defence Counsel Association of Ottawa?

http://dcao.org

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 11:06:13 AM

Yeah, I just found that. You should put that in your sig.

BTW, it's down right now. http://www.isup.me/dcao.org

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 11:22:24 AM

Fixed. Hasn't been migrated to new servers yet. Still using a dumpy VPS.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 11:31:52 AM

I expect to see Bitcoin go mainstream in 2012 thanks in part to some major investors of an invention of mine.

Also, when Bitcoin Magazine gets out in the air, it's going to start picking up some major glances and interests.
Sounds like the bullshit Bruce Wagner fed us.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:09:53 PM

I expect to see Bitcoin go mainstream in 2012 thanks in part to some major investors of an invention of mine.

Also, when Bitcoin Magazine gets out in the air, it's going to start picking up some major glances and interests.
Sounds like the bullshit Bruce Wagner fed us.

That's why I don't usually talk about it (or anything we do for that matter).

I'll be ready to show more when it's ready though.

Bruce is a hyper. All he does is use other people's skills and talents and pretend to be a leader. I actually have ideas and do most of the work to get them done. Our similarities stop at being publicly vocal individuals.

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:16:16 PM

Well, you just did, and until I see anything more than hot air from you, my suspicion that you are just a hyper remains.

To think that you could make Bitcoin go mainstream within 2012 is a joke. Or perhaps you have a different definition of mainstream than me. Because if you don’t, you should be buying up all Bitcoins at the current rates, even if you have to take a loan, as well as anyone else who knows about your plans, because it would mean prices way beyond $1000 in 9 months max.

Currently, I do not see that crazy buying happening, so some or all of what you have said must be bullshit.

Sorry for the harsh language, but I hate this type of "announcement". We don’t need anymore penny stock behaviour.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:29:36 PM

Well, you just did, and until I see anything more than hot air from you, my suspicion that you are just a hyper remains.

To think that you could make Bitcoin go mainstream within 2012 is a joke. Or perhaps you have a different definition of mainstream than me. Because if you don’t, you should be buying up all Bitcoins at the current rates, even if you have to take a loan, as well as anyone else who knows about your plans, because it would mean prices way beyond $1000 in 9 months max.

Currently, I do not see that crazy buying happening, so some or all of what you have said must be bullshit.

Sorry for the harsh language, but I hate this type of "announcement". We don’t need anymore penny stock behaviour.

Yes, you're right. Judging by your statement, mainstream to you is related to the spot value.

Mainstream to me is about adoption and usage.

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:41:01 PM

Adoption and usage is most definitely related to the value, though, at least in the long term. Remember how Silk Road picked up in May? And of course it influences the value also because speculators gain more confidence as they see adoption increase. If they see the opposite, like from June to December, price will decrease.

Or do you think a market cap of barely 40 million will satisfy a "mainstream" currency? Grin
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:45:29 PM

Adoption and usage is most definitely related to the value, though, at least in the long term. Remember how Silk Road picked up in May? And of course it influences the value also because speculators gain more confidence as they see adoption increase. If they see the opposite, like from June to December, price will decrease.

Or do you think a market cap of barely 40 million will satisfy a "mainstream" currency? Grin

I could be naive in this, but to me, mainstream is when you see people using bitcoin on the streets.

It doesn't matter if they use it once a month, for $1 a day only, all that matters is that they're using it.

I have heard the ex-forex trading initiative here speak so verbosely about how the value of Bitcoin is directly related to the USD put into it, but that's just simply not true. If there are 1000 people willing to trade 1 BTC, then that 1000 people are the ones who set the value. Exchanges are the friend of Bitcoin's adoption and the enemy of its stability.

EDIT: since there are many things about trading that are not my cup of tea, I don't want to pollute this thread with my lack of education on the matters. If we discuss this any deeper, let's start a new thread.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: