Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:31:32 PM

any recommendation for newbie like me, i mean totally newbie  Huh
buy something in hand pay a premium for it like but in hand means ready to go. setup and working

Any SHA256 miner,  will not get you ROI.

Your best bet right now is to go with an ASIC Litecoin miner.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:33:09 PM

buy something in hand pay a premium for it like but in hand means ready to go. setup and working

agreed them scrypt aisics are mental. saw a guy in a pool pulling 4btc a day from a lowly scrypt clone. was all wtf!!!!! how can he get so much.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:34:09 PM

I reached out to AMT directly to see if they will post some reply. At least if they are posting here it means they are at least not on the run. I imagine they got a shitstorm of stuff to deal with with all this happening. But I guess we will see if they reply. This might at least get us some results in learning the real deal. I am sure with the advice of their lawyer they will be posting up instead of making all these assumptions that are causing more problems for everyone.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

agreed them scrypt aisics are mental. saw a guy in a pool pulling 4btc a day from a lowly scrypt clone. was all wtf!!!!! how can he get so much.

Now is this just mining bitcoin? Or ANY sha256?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

Scrypt

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
griffin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:38:51 PM

yeah i know im looking to mining scrypt though, but dont know where to start
i mean really confuse about all this hardware comparasion and stuff like that  Undecided
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:42:23 PM

Go to the root of this Forum and browse from there.
This is waaaayyyyy the wrong place to start. Roll Eyes

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:42:47 PM

AMT,
      If you are still reading this, I would be open to receiving a partial refund offer from you and then considering the story closed. I have purchased 2 of your 1.2 TH miners +tax + expedited shipping, and paid via wire transfer. Let me know what your refund offer may be. There may be others in this forum who may go for that option as well but I cannot speak with them.
griffin

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:50:49 PM

Go to the root of this Forum and browse from there.
This is waaaayyyyy the wrong place to start. Roll Eyes
ok i will go there
im really sorry
knet

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:54:01 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 03:25:37 PM by knet

AMT,

I ordered two miners from you, one on January 16, 2014 and the other on February 4, 2014.  I have yet to receive either of them.  After requesting a refund, you have gone completely silent, leaving me out $12,000.  I've attempted the multiple email addresses I have for you, phone calls, etc without any recent responses.  I have also heard from staff that you are essentially about to go out of business.  

What are my options?  It is not acceptable to treat business partners and generally people in this manner.

-Mark

Out of curiosity, what staff said that?

If you think I'm going to put the name of someone that actually tried to help me out on this board, then you are mistaken.  Since AMT doesn't have the integrity to actual respond to my requests, then it will leave only legal action as an option.  I posted on this board as a last ditch effort to try and get some information on whether the miners will actually ship or a refund is possible.  
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

AMT,
      If you are still reading this, I would be open to receiving a partial refund offer from you and then considering the story closed. I have purchased 2 of your 1.2 TH miners +tax + expedited shipping, and paid via wire transfer. Let me know what your refund offer may be. There may be others in this forum who may go for that option as well but I cannot speak with them.

+1

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:16:59 PM

It's interesting but I see bitmine having alot of the same issues AMT has been having. Altho it seems less so. Refunds issues, delivery issues, all of the same. Like I said....seems like anything/anyone using A1's designs is having a ton of issues. Companies using other chips seem to be ok in terms of delivery. Something worth noting if you are looking for vendors. Just seeing a common thread here with the hardware is all. There is this race for a 28nm process, but at the same time with all the problems, it almost seems like the stable and already mature 55nm process or 40nm chips based solutions are better at this point to go with. They work they are stable....and most of all they are shipping and largely on time.
Realy Grin
My technobit boards A1 are working non stop. And same is happening to other A1 hex8/hex4 technobit clients
So do not speak bulshit please.
You can always asume that everyone has issues but facts are different Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Never tried designing a higher density packaged version of those stand-alone boards have ya?  Roll Eyes
Sure the A1 chips can run but making things run in a 1 board setting is entirely different than making a *system* of them work. ALL of the system builders are having the same issues simply because they had not planned on the chip being so off advertised spec when it was finally placed in their hands to do something with.

I don't recall the Dragon Systems having trouble?

The Technobit boards appear to work.  It may be worth the effort to remove the cointcraft A1 chips from those bad AMT boards and sending them over to Technobit to get a new system.   Drastic, but what other choice do we have?

Exactly the problem is not with the A1 chip its with the boards designed to run it.

Innosilicon had an agreement with bitmine that bitmine would have exclusive rights for 6 months, either outside of China or globally I don't know the ins and outs, but bitmine dropped the ball on getting their product to market in time because they had the worst designed circuitboards and poorly chosen components and basically didn't know what the hell they were doing. I think AMT also suffered because of this as they were using bitmine designs manufactured in the US.

As the deadline drew close for the exclusivity period to end the Chinese companies like Dragon started producing their own boards, but much better boards because they know what the hell they are doing of course, from what I understand they even helped bitmine by providing them with design and component reccomendations to fix the bitmine board problems. But it was too late. The deadline expired and before bitmine or AMT could even start to look at getting stuff out the door the Chinese started production. Game over.

In the mean time Technobit in Europe managed to produce circuitboards, albeit with less A1 chips on them, that worked in smaller application (up to 240MH) without issue.

Thats my take on whats happened from what I have seen and heard from various sources.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:18:28 PM

scrypt aisics will do both

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Not to derail this thread any further, but.. no.  Scrypt ASICs only do scrypt - not SHA256.  The currently most popular 'Scrypt ASIC' (the Gridchip GC3355) is actually a combined Scrypt/SHA256 chip that can do both - and some products have been made that will do both - but the SHA256 side has pretty bad performance, so pretty much anyone who has a miner with those chips has them set to scrypt-only mode (which is a bit faster with the SHA256 side disabled).  The DualMiner USB 2 is even configured out of the box to do only Scrypt.

opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:32:08 PM

Scrypt

My question was about ROI on sha256.....does this apply to ALL sha256 coins or just referring to bitcoin. Yes I know with scrypt its different. But My question is specific to sha256....scrypt is not an answer.

opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:34:13 PM

Not to derail this thread any further, but.. no.  Scrypt ASICs only do scrypt - not SHA256.  The currently most popular 'Scrypt ASIC' (the Gridchip GC3355) is actually a combined Scrypt/SHA256 chip that can do both - and some products have been made that will do both - but the SHA256 side has pretty bad performance, so pretty much anyone who has a miner with those chips has them set to scrypt-only mode (which is a bit faster with the SHA256 side disabled).  The DualMiner USB 2 is even configured out of the box to do only Scrypt.

Right this makes sense......and this thread really got derailed a long time ago. Could talk about unicorns rainbows and football in here would not likely change much at this point.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:46:49 PM

Exactly the problem is not with the A1 chip its with the boards designed to run it.

Innosilicon had an agreement with bitmine that bitmine would have exclusive rights for 6 months, either outside of China or globally I don't know the ins and outs, but bitmine dropped the ball on getting their product to market in time because they had the worst designed circuitboards and poorly chosen components and basically didn't know what the hell they were doing. I think AMT also suffered because of this as they were using bitmine designs manufactured in the US.

As the deadline drew close for the exclusivity period to end the Chinese companies like Dragon started producing their own boards, but much better boards because they know what the hell they are doing of course, from what I understand they even helped bitmine by providing them with design and component reccomendations to fix the bitmine board problems. But it was too late. The deadline expired and before bitmine or AMT could even start to look at getting stuff out the door the Chinese started production. Game over.

In the mean time Technobit in Europe managed to produce circuitboards, albeit with less A1 chips on them, that worked in smaller application (up to 240MH) without issue.

Thats my take on whats happened from what I have seen and heard from various sources.

Thanks for the inside information. 

The Dragon system boards appear to be available on Alibaba. 

We just need to get these boards and have the A1 chips on them.

This option or have technobit do it for you.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

Scrypt

My question was about ROI on sha256.....does this apply to ALL sha256 coins or just referring to bitcoin. Yes I know with scrypt its different. But My question is specific to sha256....scrypt is not an answer.

As I said ... you will not get ROI on any  SHA256 miner.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:55:11 PM

+1 That is pretty much my take on it as well.
It seems that Bitmine/AMT took their business planning lessons from the underpants gnomes...
Phase 1: Collect Underpants (or make mining ASIC chips)
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

and this thread really got derailed a long time ago. Could talk about unicorns rainbows and football in here would not likely change much at this point.
Who am I to argue?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: