Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

AMT,
     Sorry my last message was confusing. Here is the status.

4 cards are hashing.
Top card has no lights and seems dead. Is there something we can check to see if its initializing correctly?

Thanks in Advance.

What the heck! I was about to recontact AMT to give them my vitals so that I can send payment for 10 of their miners.

AMT, do these miners come with manuals and support? Sure as heck I don't want to be spending all my time just trying to get these to work.

I look forward to your reply.

Boi

We're working on that. But the equipment is fine. The users that are now posting are users that have received desktop models not rack mount models. Just the casing is different but the boards/modules and operating system are the same. If you go ahead with this purchase we can realistically say the units will not ship until Friday afternoon and they'll arrive on Tuesday or Wednsday at the latest. The units your purchasing are these:

This post puts me a heck of a lot more at ease. I see 7 miners. Please post all 10 miners in one photo and we got a deal.

This is one of my wallets to prove to you that I'm indeed serious: https://blockchain.info/address/17dCfd1aNi3Wg3UADHLihqgMbXe3vGHFkg

Thanks again.

Boi

Actually that's just one miner from different angles, We're showing you what you'd be getting. But be sure we have them and will ship them out to you. At this point there is no turning back,if we dont make your shipment the guys on this forum will never shut up about it and cause us more harm. If we do make your shipment most of them will shut up but Lenell will scream to high heavens about how new clients are receiving miners faster than older clients.  The difference is, you're in europe, and all european orders have been filled, so this works. But this public situation could turn to be very good for us, demonstrating how fast we can fill new orders will help.

Superb! I like how you think. A simple pic of all 10 miners in one photo, and I'm ready to pay.

Boi

Boi,

These we're taken last week-ish but we still have about 22-25 in stock. Does that suffice as enough proof?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:29:50 PM

AMT,

4 cards are hashing.
Top card has no lights and seems dead. Is there something we can check to see if its initializing correctly?

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, unscrew the side and make sure the top card's two connecting cables are plugged in tightly, sometimes they can come loose in shipping. Also check the other end of the cards cable as the based of the motherboard, just follow it down and make sure that's plugged in tightly as well.

AMT,
     Yes, made sure the two cables on top were tight. To be clear, one is a ribbon and the other is a power cable.

I also swapped out the power cable with the one below it (since it worked) and verified that the power cable is good.

Also swapped out the ribbon with the one below it and still same issue. No lights are coming on the top card and it does not show up in the interface.

Let me know what else to try.

Thanks in Advance.

Turn off the miner, unplug one of the other boards and plug it into module which isn't lighting up, leave another card unplugged, turn it back on.  <- Thinking electric now. Do the same with the ribbon cable from the unplugged card.

AMT,
      Did as you said. Still no lights on the top board with the second board two cables detached.

I also switched the cables from the top to the bottom card and the second card still functions. So its not the cables or the connection to the motherboard.

Thanks in Advance.

Didn't you say that you received two miners?

Yes, my brother is going to setup the second one at his house. He's still at work. Will let you know how his works.

Thanks,
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:33:10 PM

AMT,

4 cards are hashing.

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, unscrew the side and make sure the top card's two connecting cables are plugged in tightly, sometimes they can come loose in shipping. Also check the other end of the cards cable as the based of the motherboard, just follow it down and make sure that's plugged in tightly as well.

AMT,
     Yes, made sure the two cables on top were tight. To be clear, one is a ribbon and the other is a power cable.

I also swapped out the power cable with the one below it (since it worked) and verified that the power cable is good.

Also swapped out the ribbon with the one below it and still same issue. No lights are coming on the top card and it does not show up in the interface.

Thanks in Advance.

Turn off the miner, unplug one of the other boards and plug it into module which isn't lighting up, leave another card unplugged, turn it back on.  <- Thinking electric now. Do the same with the ribbon cable from the unplugged card.

AMT,
      Did as you said. Still no lights on the top board with the second board two cables detached.

I also switched the cables from the top to the bottom card and the second card still functions. So its not the cables or the connection to the motherboard.

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, my brother is going to setup the second one at his house. He's still at work. Will let you know how his works.

Thanks,

Well the idea was to test the draw from outlet, but from what you said after it looks maybe a board may be bad which we'll replace quickly. But test the other miner just to make sure you dont have a similar problem.
sabre

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:39:18 PM

AMT,

4 cards are hashing.

Thanks in Advance.

AMT,

Thanks in Advance.

Turn off the miner, unplug one of the other boards and plug it into module which isn't lighting up, leave another card unplugged, turn it back on.  <- Thinking electric now. Do the same with the ribbon cable from the unplugged card.

AMT,

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Well the idea was to test the draw from outlet, but from what you said after it looks maybe a board may be bad which we'll replace quickly. But test the other miner just to make sure you dont have a similar problem.

Will do, thanks. He's going to test tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

I'm not at home but DHL confirms delivery. Will post pictures as soon as I can.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:52:04 PM

Thanks...an unboxing would be excellent to see. I am planning my own unboxing once the hardware arrives.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

More good news! I'll safely assume that AMT is in the process of snapping that pic I requested so that I can go ahead and pull the trigger on this order. I'm almost thinking about making it 12 for an even dozen since I have more than enough power to handle it in my small farm.

Boi

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:04:08 PM

More good news! I'll safely assume that AMT is in the process of snapping that pic I requested so that I can go ahead and pull the trigger on this order. I'm almost thinking about making it 12 for an even dozen since I have more than enough power to handle it in my small farm.

Boi

Boi,

Maybe you missed this one.

These we're taken last week-ish but we still have about 22-25 in stock. Does that suffice as enough proof?

Kenofbits

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:07:51 PM

the machine works at 1.15 ths .. soo how will we MPP ? I just want to make my 6000 dollars back .. will you hook us up with some cloud power hashing or something i have these defective boards here from the first ship ment what do i do with this i dont want it ..
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:55:44 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:06:52 AM by ISAWHIM

I got mine delivered today... Doesn't work... But I got it...

- Box was of questionable condition, well traveled, but well packed.
- Daughter-board didn't have the PSU power connected.
- One screw has stripped threads, trying to remove the cover to fix connections.
- One board had the ribbon data-cable connected, but no power-cable connected.
- The board without the power... the smaller heat-sink was not tightened at all, screws were just dropped into place and setup to be tightened, but never actually tightened.
- All the boards have 1-8 loose screws that attach the board to the main heat-sink.
- There is a sticker with the IP written on it, it is wrong.
- The memory-card has a similar sticker wrapped around it, with the ending IPV4 that matches the sticker on the outside, but not the IP on the net, as reported by windows.
- None of the IP's, (the one on the sticker, or the one from the "network connections details"), works to connect to the unit, with a browser.
- Oddity... the IPV6 numbers all end in %xx That is not a valid IPV6... %1 %18 etc...

Other notes: Lights on the boards, about 6-8 of them, just blink green... on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off

Not sure if it is ok, dead, or what... No screen to let you know what it is doing, where it is at, or what is going-on. Not sure if this is just someone's custom OS on the memory-card that needs a special program, or what...

Taking it apart and tightening the screws was a lot easier than the older designs. Lot less dead metal too, but still a little over-kill. (The exhaust is horribly restricted, defeating the purpose of having the 80-watts of fans wasting power.) It is still progression though. Now if I can just get it to run.

Should I attempt to PuTTY into it? (SSH)
Kenofbits

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:44:51 AM

u gotta change you router to point to

192.168.1.1   most routers are configured at 192.168.2.1

once i did this i can go into it
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

u gotta change you router to point to

192.168.1.1   most routers are configured at 192.168.2.1

once i did this i can go into it

I am plugged directly into it... The IP is 192.168.137.1, which is how it shows through the network card. There is only one device, this one. No router. (All network cards auto-swap to compensate for direct plug-in to other computers, no router needed, or swap-over cables.)

Refuses SSH PuTTY connections immediately on that IP. HTTP and HTTPS just instantly report back that there is no connection. (Going through the browser via, http://192.168.137.1 or 192.168.137.100 or 192.168.1.100 as the sticker on the case indicates. The ...137.1 is the only one that gives me actual "response codes" which are all "connection refused".)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:00:07 AM

Any of you west coasters? I still haven't got mine. Called DHL today still nothing in my name or any misspelled variant of it. Come on now.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Kenofbits

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

you need to make the gateway some how to 192.168.1.1  . I pointed my router to this 192.168.1.1 and it worked putting in 192.168.1.100
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:22:15 AM

you need to make the gateway some how to 192.168.1.1  . I pointed my router to this 192.168.1.1 and it worked putting in 192.168.1.100

It is connecting to it, but the connection is being refused... (Eg, it is rejecting. It can't "reject" if it is not connected. It is forcefully saying "No, I don't accept your access.")

Again, there is nothing that needs to be routed, it is a direct connection to the RasPi network-card. If I type 127.123.12.1 it goes there. Routing is just re-direction, I could make it so typing FROG would point it to 127.123.12.1 if I wanted it to. You didn't have to redirect anything, just type in that other IP. It is the router that assigns IP's. If hardware tells the router what IP it wants, and that is not one of the assigned IP's, then you have to ask it to forward any request for FROG to go to "whatever the actual IP is", or just use the assigned IP. (I know the actual IP, so that is not needed. In my case, the hardware is saying, "I can be contacted at 192.168.137.1", it is sending windows plenty of packet data, so something is communicating, or trying to. However, it is rejecting ports 80, 81, 443, 23, 22 {http/https/https2/telnet/SSH})

In any event, I assume the blinking lights are an indication that the hardware is not working anyways. Usually "solid green" indicates "Ok, running". Blinking is standard for, "Something is wrong"... even when it is green and blinking.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:52:11 AM

So I understand, you know the IP of the miner correct? Here are some steps that might help you fix this if AMT does not get back to you tonight.

The other alternative I would suggest is pull the SDCard check it in Linux VM. Might be a bit of a stretch here. Download VMware Player (not VirtualBox for this) as the USB support there tends to be easier to manage. Go to Linuxmint.com and download the mate edition.  Once that is done, set the SDcard to be read by linux.

Open a terminal and type fdisk -l once you card has been seen by the VM.

Look for that and mount that to /tmp

Altho it should automatically mount to /media/username/stringofnumbers/storagename

cd to /media/username/stringofnumbers/storagename/etc/network/ (could be network-scripts not sure as I dont know distro this is based on)/

If not then post back I can post a very detailed method of addressing these issues. Requires a little bit of Linux knowhow but should get you on the right track.

At this point I would be lost until I have a miner of my own to look at. If you jump on skype tommorrow I can walk you through it and post a guide based on that for others to follow should they see the same problem.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Seastorm

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:54:09 AM

Well I received my Miner today, I had ordered it with my brother posting on here listed as SABRE.

It was pretty well packed but I opened it up to make sure everything was connected and it was.

I started up the miner and all of the five cards were flashing, so far so good.

I then tried to connect to 192.168.1.100 but no luck. I tried IE and Chrome but still no luck. Powered off the Miner several times, disabled my firewall on my machine but no luck.

I then connected it and my computer to a switch but still no luck. I then ran a netscan and Lo and Behold I found the ip address. It was 192.168.1.168???

I guess someone must have mistyped it in when configuring the PI.

I then connected to it but the page is in Chinese and the pools are already configured for someone else?

I have tried to change the settings by clicking on the 3 links and all over the page also but can't get anything else besides this page.

How do I make changes to get it set up correctly?

Seastorm

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:57:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/rXbMedZ.gif
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:58:47 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 04:56:08 AM by ISAWHIM

Found-out the issue... However, you are also right...

Normally, the computer is setup on AUTO, but someone (not my original computer)... had setup x.x.137.0 as the gateway for IPV4 assignments of the DHCP server.

That, and my firewall was rejecting everything, not sure how that happened.

Code:
Solution: If you are plugged directly into the machine, without a router.
Go to "Control panel" -> "Network and Sharing Center" -> (Side bar) "Change Adapter Settings"
Select the network-card that you are plugged-in to...
Select: "Properties" (2nd-mouse or right-mouse click menu)
Select: "Inernet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
Select: "Properties" (below the list)

Unselect: "Obtain an IP Address Automatically"

(Enter the following below)
IP Address: 197.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 197.168.1.0

Prefered DNS Server: (blank) or 8.8.8.8 (<- Setup page expects this, but blank works too, since this is manual.)

END OF SOLUTION

If using a router, there is a similar page in the advanced network setup (for the router, get to it by typing the IP of the router DNS)... Same values... but no DNS there... The router is usually the DNS.

This, with using my USB WiFi, bridged to the network-card, treats my computer as the router. I don't have any more free routers to use, or plugs left to operate them.

However, the five cards pull about 1800-1900 Watts (15.83-16.25 Amps) at the wall, which is WAY tooo much power for the 18ga wire they gave me. (18ga wire can only handle about 1800 Watts or 16-Amps peak in open-air, and only about 10 Amps enclosed in plastic-wire-casing, constantly.) This load-ability is reduced, even more, as the wire heats and resistance increases, potentially causing an electrical fire. The wires were too hot to hold, after an hour of running.

Still, five cards gave me a solid 1.25THs at the box and an average of 1.18THs on Ghash.io.

Granted, I have the case cracked-open on the exhaust-side, about 1/2 an inch to allow air to actually flow through better, and I have inserted some air-dams to force the air through the fins. (As opposed to shooting over the top of them, essentially making the heat-sinks active-cooling, instead of passive cooling.) Sooo much easier to work with this setup, but it still could be better.

I have unplugged that fifth card, since I can not monitor the machine while I sleep, and the day will get hot by the time I wake. Add some 90F ambient temps to the already overheated wire and restrictive air-flow, and that is a setup for, well... a nice camp-fire. With the four cards, it is pulling only about 1400 Watts and giving only 1.02THs at the box and 880GHs on Ghash.io. Acceptable for the unit, for now.

Would like a way to tune it... Can it still be adjusted with PuTTYing into it, like the others?

I would rather have it run slightly leaner, and more "energy efficient". Running at 1THs and 1200-1300 Watts, with all five cards running. (Instead of four running full-blast, consuming nearly twice the power for a few GHs more, each card.)

The whole unit could be about 6" shorter (height) and about 1" thinner (width), and 3" less deep (long). Fits in a lot cleaner than the other design and stacks better too!

So now I have to find some good 14-16ga computer power-cable wire. One made for 2000+ watts. (Told you it would have been better to have two PSU's and power-cables. 3 and 3 for a 1.5THs unit, or just smaller units of 3-4 cards.)

I'll take some snap-shots, for those who like that stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have a great camera.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:45:49 AM

Boi

Boi,

Maybe you missed this one.

Apologies for missing it earlier. Apologies, again, for kindly asking for one more simple pic depicting 10 miners. Show me more, and I will go ahead and order 12. Have Josh (I believe that's what his name is), your rep in China, take a quick pic and email it to your office so that you can post it here. That is all I'm asking.

Thanks again for your timely replies. It goes a long way in this industry - any industry.

Boi

PS: I honestly don't know how you're able to handle them naysayers on your thread on a daily basis. You're a better man than I am.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: