Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:04:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash.com - get paid more than mining on multipool - Scrypt/N/X11/X13/SHA3  (Read 29666 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:46:52 AM

Okay I have to ask lol - what the heck is Pimp OS? Is it a whole operating system or a mining client like cgminer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:54:41 AM

Okay I have to ask lol - what the heck is Pimp OS? Is it a whole operating system or a mining client like cgminer?

lol yeah.. I think its a spin off of BAMT if you ever have heard of it.
http://getpimp.org/

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:24:44 PM

Important note for all sellers - providers

After extensive internal testing we can finally provide you with our own sgminer and cgminer builds.

As you probably already know, NiceHash is using some advanced stratum protocol features, therefore older mining software is not supported. We have prepared optimized sgminer and cgminer builds for you to get optimum performance when mining with GPUs on NiceHash. Of course, these builds will also work equally optimal on other pools.

Our builds includes patch for seamless order swaping without interupts, the idle bugfix as well as some other minor impovements.

Get the software here: https://nicehash.com/software/

Please, download our sgminer or cgminer binaries and please report if it is working well for you. We will apprechiate any feedback!

On our software download page you will also find links to latest BFGMiner builds with good GridSeed support (BFGminer 3.99.0) - hopefully Hashra and others will include the latest BFGminer in their software builds as soon as possible.

Thank you for using NiceHash!
Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:28:52 PM

Something goofy going on with that build.

I am running sgminer 4.1.271 and decided to give your build a shot since I have been hashing with NiceHash the last day or so. I have a set price point with NiceHash being the first pool in my conf file with CoinFu the first failover (as of this morning), followed by Wafflepool, and Clevermining.

For some reason, using the same conf file in the same c:\SGMiner directory, this executable completely skips CoinFu and goes directly to Wafflepool. If I remove all other pools except CoinFu, it just sits at the "awaiting active pool" prompt.

Y'all got something against the CoinFu folks or something?

PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:25:02 PM

Any plans to add x11?
To me it should be a popular algo for all the GPU owners during summer.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
isaax

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:32:14 AM

I am running sgminer 4.1.271 and decided to give your build a shot since I have been hashing with NiceHash the last day or so. I have a set price point with NiceHash being the first pool in my conf file with CoinFu the first failover (as of this morning), followed by Wafflepool, and Clevermining.

For some reason, using the same conf file in the same c:\SGMiner directory, this executable completely skips CoinFu and goes directly to Wafflepool. If I remove all other pools except CoinFu, it just sits at the "awaiting active pool" prompt.

I have this same issue as well. I can't even manually switch to CoinFu using NiceHash's sgminer version on Linux. I reverted back to the original sgminer bin and was able to switch to CoinFu just fine. What gives?
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:39:25 AM

I have this same issue as well. I can't even manually switch to CoinFu using NiceHash's sgminer version on Linux. I reverted back to the original sgminer bin and was able to switch to CoinFu just fine. What gives?

We'll take a look. Obviously CoinFu rejects our stratum protocol extension, I'm sure we'll be able to fix this. Thanks for feedback.
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:53:42 AM

We'll take a look. Obviously CoinFu rejects our stratum protocol extension, I'm sure we'll be able to fix this. Thanks for feedback.

Update: you can solve this easily with pool config.

Just add "no-extranonce-subscribe" : true to the CoinFu pool config

Code:
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash Scrypt",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
                "user" : "btc_address",
                "pass" : "x",
                "algorithm" : "scrypt",
                "nfactor" : "10"
        },
{
                "name" : "CoinFu",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.coinfu.io:3333",
                "no-extranonce-subscribe" : true,
                "user" : "myrig_btc_address",
                "pass" : "myemail",
                "algorithm" : "scrypt",
                "nfactor" : "10"
}

Please try and report if it works OK.

BTW: yesterday we released newer builds with some minor bugfixes: https://www.nicehash.com/software/
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:20:38 PM

Confused on what to set my price at..

So if I have 30 MH's I want to point to NiceHash, how do I determine what I set my p= to???

Can I see a list of orders to see what the offers are?

And since I have MH's will it be something like p=0.004    Meaning I want a least 0.004 BTC per MH per day?

33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 11:28:49 PM

Confused on what to set my price at..

So if I have 30 MH's I want to point to NiceHash, how do I determine what I set my p= to???

Can I see a list of orders to see what the offers are?

And since I have MH's will it be something like p=0.004    Meaning I want a least 0.004 BTC per MH per day?

p=4 means if the price they are selling at, which is listed at the top of the page, drops below 4 it will roll over to your other pool.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:35:56 AM

We've added X11 algorithm. There are already some orders in place so you can start earning money with your X11 rigs asap, just point your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336. The widely used sph-miner is supported. We will also provide you with optimized patched sph-miner for idlebug fix and extranonce patch. Stay tuned.
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:54:46 AM

Good news! We've released patched and optimized versions of sph-miner for X11. You can download it here:

https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sph-miner
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:21:18 AM

BTW: if you're a fan of reddit, you're welcome on our subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/
claygraffix

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Giving this a shot, thanks, looks like a great service.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:23:47 AM

I am using the sph-sgminer supplied by NiceHash and have noticed lots of "Pool requested work restarts"...i don't have this problem mining at other X11 pools with my 280x

anyone else getting same issues with NiceHash?

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:01:54 AM

I am using the sph-sgminer supplied by NiceHash and have noticed lots of "Pool requested work restarts"...i don't have this problem mining at other X11 pools with my 280x

anyone else getting same issues with NiceHash?

Completely normal when work/job is changed.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:48:52 PM

Ok, but surely it should not take more than 30 minutes to change jobs?

I get "Pool requested work restarts" over and over again sometimes lasting for many minutes before getting an accepted share

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:47:05 PM

I get "Pool requested work restarts" over and over again sometimes lasting for many minutes before getting an accepted share

And is it still worth it for you to use this even with all the "missed work due incessant restarts"?

Try to adjust difficulty to a lower value, see https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs7
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:34:45 PM

how much is the payment per MH now?
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:55:01 AM

Some good news here:
1.) X13 and Keccak (SHA3) algorithms have been added.
2.) Builds of the brand new sgminer-5 are available: https://nicehash.com/software/#sgminer (more info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0); you can use this sgminer for all algorithms, supported by NiceHash (except SHA256, of course).

Thanks for using NiceHash!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: