Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bir Tawil nation  (Read 6326 times)
Kiki112 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

So I'v seen a few threads about building a bitcoin island

But the only territory that is unclaimed except for Antartica territories is Bir Tawil

It's basically sand, nothing else

BUT

High temperatures, plenty of sunny time means paradise for the crypto community

Why?

Setting up solar panels with maximum usage (so much sunny hours Cheesy) and generating free electricity to build massive space for mining

Possibility of creating a cex.io like website and selling mining GH/s etc. to acquire money for this project

What do you guys think?

2060 km2, a lot more then a 10sq km2 island to build or a 0.2 sq km2 island to purchase Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:31:39 PM

Egyptian soldiers are present in Bir Tawil. You will have to expel them, to claim the territory. A status quo is being maintained between Egypt and Sudan for some time now. I don't think they will welcome unusual visitors.

May be we could purchase it from Egypt and Sudan?

And there is a reason why both of the nations don't want this place:

For either of them to claim the Bir Tawil Triangle would be to relinquish their claim to the Hala’ib Triangle. And while Hala’ib is also mainly rock and sand, it is not only ten times larger than Bir Tawil, but also adjacent to the Red Sea - so rather more interesting.

Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:37:02 PM

I dont think the location is ideal.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Egyptian soldiers are present in Bir Tawil. You will have to expel them, to claim the territory. A status quo is being maintained between Egypt and Sudan for some time now. I don't think they will welcome unusual visitors.

May be we could purchase it from Egypt and Sudan?

And there is a reason why both of the nations don't want this place:

For either of them to claim the Bir Tawil Triangle would be to relinquish their claim to the Hala’ib Triangle. And while Hala’ib is also mainly rock and sand, it is not only ten times larger than Bir Tawil, but also adjacent to the Red Sea - so rather more interesting.

it could probably be purchased or we could inquire the Egyptian goverment if we could form a country there under their protectorate?

Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

the only unclaimed location other then this is Antartica

and don't think we would have enough sunny hours for solar panels there Cheesy

lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:09:34 PM

Well, to be fair it is claimed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westarctica
However, I highly doubt the guy who claims it will do much if we claim it as well.

How about building a few earthships on antarctica? Since it's solid ground there would be possible to place the nation under ground!
Solar panels would work if we were able to store the electricity generated during the summers (around december) since antarctica has midnight sun for a time every year.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:33:26 PM

However, I highly doubt the guy who claims it will do much if we claim it as well.

How about building a few earthships on antarctica? Since it's solid ground there would be possible to place the nation under ground!
Solar panels would work if we were able to store the electricity generated during the summers (around december) since antarctica has midnight sun for a time every year.

interesting

but isn't Bir Tawil more ideal?

it's definitely hoter and therefore generating more electricity

besides, it's closer to civilisation and we could gain some tourists

we could be in some sort of a relationship with Egypt like Vatican is with Italy so we can have free travel between our countries and therefore having tourists that come to Egypt visit us and Egypt will have tourists that visit us to visit them Smiley

supernovax

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

Good luck, there is a high chance you will be kidnapped in bir tawil and your head will chop up for being an infidel.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:22:19 AM

No. In total, there are three unclaimed regions in the earth's surface.

They are:

1) Bir Tawil
2) Antarctica
3) International waters

The 3rd option is more viable. Check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=556831.0

Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:11:49 PM

No. In total, there are three unclaimed regions in the earth's surface.

They are:

1) Bir Tawil
2) Antarctica
3) International waters

The 3rd option is more viable. Check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=556831.0

I know that, I wasn't clear enough as I thought about territory with a physical surface on which we can step on without being Jesus Cheesy

lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:25:52 PM

interesting

we could be in some sort of a relationship with Egypt like Vatican is with Italy so we can have free travel between our countries and therefore having tourists that come to Egypt visit us and Egypt will have tourists that visit us to visit them Smiley
No. Bir Tawil would just be stupid to claim. That would be way to dangerous. Also we'd have problems with getting water.
Antarctica might not be ideal, but it should be possible if we had enough money. At least we wouldn't have any problems with water supplies thanks to all the ice, growing could be done under gigantic glass roofs, or simply just under fluorescent lamps. The soil needed we could import or take from the antarctic ground (I don't know how fertile it is though). Energy could be created using solar panels, PowerBuoys and wind turbines. The buildings would also need to be heavy isolated. I think that would be the best option for us.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:44:52 PM

No. Bir Tawil would just be stupid to claim. That would be way to dangerous. Also we'd have problems with getting water.
Antarctica might not be ideal, but it should be possible if we had enough money.

The UN prohibits human settlement in Antarctica, with the exception of research stations. So you'll have a very tough time establishing a colony in the Antarctic ice sheet.
lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:49:22 PM

Antarctica might not be ideal, but it should be possible if we had enough money.

The UN prohibits human settlement in Antarctica, with the exception of research stations. So you'll have a very tough time establishing a colony in the Antarctic ice sheet.
Yeah, but why would we care about the UN in this particular matter? While we build it we could claim it was for scientific purposes, and then there would be nothing they could do about it.
Also, antarctica has some dry spots where it would be ideal to build the nation.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

Yeah, but why would we care about the UN in this particular matter? While we build it we could claim it was for scientific purposes, and then there would be nothing they could do about it.
Also, antarctica has some dry spots where it would be ideal to build the nation.

They will send in the UN peacekeepers and you will be jailed for the rest of your life for destroying the delicate ecology of Antarctica. So, unless you want to go to prison, I would advice you to stay out.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:35:35 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 04:05:22 PM by Kiki112

interesting

Antarctica might not be ideal, but it should be possible if we had enough money. At least we wouldn't have any problems with water supplies thanks to all the ice, growing could be done under gigantic glass roofs, or simply just under fluorescent lamps. The soil needed we could import or take from the antarctic ground (I don't know how fertile it is though). Energy could be created using solar panels, PowerBuoys and wind turbines. The buildings would also need to be heavy isolated. I think that would be the best option for us.

Why would it be stupid?
If we got permission from the Egyptian goverment why not?
Reasons why Egypt could allow us to do this
1.We would promise to build no army
2.They would have military acess to our country
3.We would have almost no borders (as Vatican with Italy) and therfore tourists that come visit us will definitely go visit Egyptian spots making us both prosper
4.We would only have economical independence, everything rest we would leave for Egypt
So basically we would be an expansion of their country but the only thing se would request is economical independence meaning no taxes, bitcoin as official currency etc.
5.We would state that our country will be eternally greatful for their generosity
And will always do only what is good to enhance our brotherhood
6. And one of the most important
Almost everything we need we would import from them making them prosper even more (such as water,food,etc.)
This isn't planned as a big nation but more of a few people living there and getting rich from mining power

supernovax

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Floating island on international waters.  Smiley

lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:44:33 PM

They will send in the UN peacekeepers and you will be jailed for the rest of your life for destroying the delicate ecology of Antarctica. So, unless you want to go to prison, I would advice you to stay out.
Short answer:
1. No, they wouldn't.
2. No, I wouldn't.
3. No, it wouldn't.

Long answer:
No they would not send peacekeepers. First of all it's not illegal to claim antarctica, however a few nations (for example the US) will not recognize any claims.
That however doesn't make it illegal to build a nation there. The Antarctic Treaty System (ATS) only applies to nations which have signed the treaty, which we will not (since that could take away our own right to our own existence).
2 and 3.
They would not jail me from destroying anything. We would not destroy the ecology, the ice covers would still be there, and we would not use any fossil fuels and such that could contaminate the surface. It's not illegal to destroy the ecology of antarctica anyway, even while doing so would be completely unnecessary and stupid.
lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:46:36 PM

interesting

Why would it be stupid?
3.We would have almost no borders (as Vatican with Italy) and therfore tourists that come visit us will definitely go visit Egyptian spots making us both prosper
4.We would only have economical independence, everything rest we would leave for Egypt
So basically we would be an expansion of their country but the only thing se would request is economical independence meaning no taxes, bitcoin as official currency etc.
5.We would state that our country will be eternally greatful for their generosity
Almost everything we need we would import from them making them prosper even more (such as water,food,etc.)
This isn't planned as a big nation but more of a few people living there and getting rich from mining power
I don't think neither Egypt or Sudan would be willing to let us have the territory. And there most of the plan fails, since both of those nations are willing to kill any occupiers.
Why don't we go with the "buy a Greek island" plan and place some miners there?
The problem with that would be how to keep the floating island stable. International waters can be quite harsh.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:54:56 PM

interesting

Why would it be stupid?
I don't think neither Egypt or Sudan would be willing to let us have the territory. And there most of the plan fails, since both of those nations are willing to kill any occupiers.
Why don't we go with the "buy a Greek island" plan and place some miners there?
The problem with that would be how to keep the floating island stable. International waters can be quite harsh.

they could be okay mostly because we would be under their authority and would import everything from them
that is what they need, it's benefiting them
why would they refuse?

yeah, but the greek island is 0.2sq km while Bir Tawil is 2060 sq km Cheesy

but if you insist.. Cheesy

lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:02:08 PM

they could be okay mostly because we would be under their authority and would import everything from them
that is what they need, it's benefiting them
why would they refuse?

yeah, but the greek island is 0.2sq km while Bir Tawil is 2060 sq km Cheesy

but if you insist.. Cheesy
As stated in all these threads, nations rarely accept someone stealing their territory. And this area is not only claimed by one nation, but by two. And it's quite big as well!
So, honestly, I think the greek island idea is a lot easier to go through with! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: