Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:59:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a client that connects to remote bitcoind?  (Read 632 times)
ksteve96 (OP)

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 11:31:40 PM

I have bitcoind -daemon running on a webserver, everything is working fine and I can control it from the server but I can't wrap my head around json-rpc, I read some about it and it seems like some command line arguments, I guess I can learn it but in pursuit of laziness I'd just like to connect via a client.  Basically, I just want to check the balance, not even send anything.

Maybe 2 years ago I used spesmilo to do what I wanted, but it doesn't work after .8x something.  It was so nice and easy.
Tried bitcoin-js-remote, followed to the letter but my w8 PC doesn't like it, I think it's a java thing since nothing is clickable, doesn't work in my browser at all. 

So is there any clients around that allow this or do I have to just learn about json-rpc?

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:10:56 AM

in bitcoind, you can use -rpcconnect=<ip> to control another bitcoin-qt/bitcoind node with rpc enabled.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:48:16 PM

Depending on what you want to do exactly, installing the server script for electrum on your server (and electrum client on your desktop) might help.
ksteve96 (OP)

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 04:24:21 PM

Thanks guys.  I think I'll try the bitcoind locally.  Didn't even know you could do that, everything google showed me was a bunch of people asking if bitcoinqt supported this, and that answer is no.

Spesmilo was great for this, I can't believe no client since has this capability. 

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: