Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some online gold dealers will not accept tumbled or shared coins  (Read 1844 times)
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:10:49 PM

That would be just silly. After some time (just like with fiat) everyone would have part of BTC related to this crime or that. If i have 100 BTC and i send 1 BTC to someone, i'd like to see someone proving that exactly THAT 1 BTC is part of some money laundering, and not one of other 99 BTC.
BTC is just nowrking THAT way...

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:13:30 PM

I'm not going to accept blue bitcoins. No way, no how.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

I do not like pink bitcoins.  Too frilly.  Won't accept them.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
klmist

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:29:14 PM

Easy to joke about this, but someone is going to be very angry when they try to buy some gold with BTC and they demand ID and proof of origin of the BTC before they'll either return the BTC or deliver any gold.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:56:53 PM

One way or another all coins will have been tumbled in the future if people actually continue to use bitcoin for transactions.

What then?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

One way or another all coins will have been tumbled in the future if people actually continue to use bitcoin for transactions.

What then?

Exactly! More BTC is used, more coins get mixed. No freakin way this can survive long term IF it's even happening right now (which i doubt). It's just not possible.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

Easy to joke about this, but someone is going to be very angry when they try to buy some gold with BTC and they demand ID and proof of origin of the BTC before they'll either return the BTC or deliver any gold.

I'm sure they'll be about as happy when I demand proof of color. Makes as much sense, and it's entirely the merchant's fault. They're not going to be in business long if they try to enforce that policy.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:28:45 PM

I saw at Zero Hedge today that apparently some gold dealers will not accept tumbled nor shared BTC.

I do understand that people have their reasons for making their BTC a little harder to track.

But, the gold dealers still have to ship their coins...  So, what's the problem?  This may be a very n00b question, but I always thought a Bitcoin was a Bitcoin.

Some piece of information is missing here.  How do they discern a "tumbled" bitcoin, from a "shared bitcoin," from a plain old bitcoin?  They are all the same thing.  If you trace the taint in any bitcoin you hold, it will link back to tons and tons and tons of addresses, some of which that were under your control and some of which that were not.  

I looked through the document/AML policy (it seemed much to detailed to be a customer facing policy) and did not see anything about tumbled coins.

It did say that it would not accept any transactions in excess of $10k in one day from one customer and that it would collect lots of personal information from you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: