Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s1 Diagnose  (Read 1441 times)
Seba13xp (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:39:07 PM

Is there a way to test for failed chips on the miner?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

asic stats page shows which chips are working/not working/missing (o, x, - respectively)

beyond that, no.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Seba13xp (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:51:15 PM

do you have an example and which symbol represents what ?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:26:47 AM

Poke the chips with your finger and see which ones are slightly cooler. Also, check voltage outputs on VRMs with a multimeter; a bank with down chips will read a very slightly higher voltage because of less current sag. This will be more noticeable if you check the voltage at the bottom of the board.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 05:30:32 AM

asic stats page shows which chips are working/not working/missing (o, x, - respectively)

beyond that, no.

Exactly this method. Under "ASIC status" you will see ooooooo (those mean chips are fine) If you see any xxxxx (those are dead chips) - sometimes a restart fixes that.
Seba13xp (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Thank you the reason Im asking is that i bought a used miner and wanted to see if I got scammed. Thank you for all the help. It looks ok all the chips are working
ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:38:13 PM

Thank you the reason Im asking is that i bought a used miner and wanted to see if I got scammed. Thank you for all the help. It looks ok all the chips are working

If it were me I would try loading the latest firmware from Bitmain's website. What speed is the miner getting poolside and via the web interface?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:00:23 PM

If it were me I would try loading the latest firmware from Bitmain's website. What speed is the miner getting poolside and via the web interface?

^id advise against it. the original firmware works fine, and if you have any issues in the upgrade theres virtually zero tech support on the gen1 gear.

he wasnt scammed - sounds like the unit is working fine and as long as its >170GH then theres nothing to really worry about. set it and forget it works best

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:07:09 PM

hugs (the o) are good chips the kisses (the x) are bad chips or bad working chips.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Seba13xp (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:46:22 PM

I'm getting 175-180 gigahash and everything looks good the only question I have is that the kernel version is Feb is there a newer one?
ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:02:13 PM

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140411033846942qQqjOD460695  Shows all of the firmwares for the S1. If you are getting 175 - 180 GH I would agree let it hash. That miner is pretty old probably not worth messing with it.

Seba13xp (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:24:31 PM

Ok thanks to everyone who have helped me understand this problem best community ever  Grin Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: