Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile phones you ever used  (Read 4188 times)
VeroPossumus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:03:15 AM

Currently im iphone 4s
Before that i used ONLY samsung phones. I had a windows phone which was a failure, before that i had Samsung e720, and my first ever phone was Samsung R210S which STILL WORKS fine, it is like 10 years old now.  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:35:18 AM

NEC Nokia LG BlackBerry and Samsung Note 2 (best phone ever).... Waiting for Note 4 should be the best phone ever ever if waterproof.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:35:38 AM

Iphone 3G, then Iphone 4S and now Iphone 5C. Can't wait for Iphone 6 Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:36:35 AM

NEC Nokia LG BlackBerry and Samsung Note 2 (best phone ever).... Waiting for Note 4 should be the best phone ever ever if waterproof.

Forget it! Only Iphone is real. The new Iphone 6 will be fireproof I heard?  Roll Eyes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eyebrows

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:35:48 AM

Will be happy to replace my S4 with the new iphone 6
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:38:11 AM

Like 20+ phones.

For the last 5 years I have been chained to the iPhone.  I tried to deviate but I simply cannot. I can't appreciate and respect shit quality. And that means plastic.

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:51:44 AM

Like 20+ phones.

For the last 5 years I have been chained to the iPhone.  I tried to deviate but I simply cannot. I can't appreciate and respect shit quality. And that means plastic.

iPhones aren't made of plastic? Maybe the fifth one... Not sure.

On the other hand, HTC One is made out of aluminum and there are other Android phones that aren't all plastic.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:55:31 AM

Currently have the Samsung note 3 but in the past there's just so many. Started with a Phillips fizz then probably Nokia 3210 a lot of others but the note 3 is the best by far. Never iPhone

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 07:06:58 AM

Motorola StarTac was my first and last cellphone because it didn't give me headaches; it was a lower freq band back in those days. If I can't get to free WiFi, people need to schedule a time to talk to me on 2m or 70cm ham radio.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:15:37 AM

Like 20+ phones.

For the last 5 years I have been chained to the iPhone.  I tried to deviate but I simply cannot. I can't appreciate and respect shit quality. And that means plastic.

iPhones aren't made of plastic? Maybe the fifth one... Not sure.

On the other hand, HTC One is made out of aluminum and there are other Android phones that aren't all plastic.

No iPhones are not made of plastic with the exception of the 3GS but that's sooooo behind us.  All their products are made of aluminum.  HTC is one of the rare manufacturers that makes an aluminum version too, and guess where they copied that from? Apple.

Majority of Android phones (95%+) are made of plastic.  Feels cheap. Smells cheap. Looks cheap. Is cheap.

Android is free, and it runs on devices produced at the cheapest cost.  And guess what, price determines marketshare. That's the nature of economics.  If Apple priced their equipment so cheap, it would dominate the market share.  But that's not their focus.  When you run a business there are two ends of the spectrum to focus on. Free and premium.  Google goes the free route and its value is its userbase. It pulls your information for efficient advertising.  Google is the biggest advertising company on the planet. That's how they pay their bills. Apple on the other hand focuses on the premium segment. Less marketshare, but more cold hard cash. That's a sustainable business model that will always work and last.  Furthermore, you have to understand that the companies vertically integrated will be most innovative and pioneer markets. Especially in the tech sector when you merge software and hardware.  That's the best way to create the most amazing products.

You have so much to learn before you speak.

Just think of the vertically integrated companies in the bitcoin mining world. They suck up most of the profits.  How?

1. They design the ASICs.
2. They manufacture the boards.
3. They mine at a large scale while the difficulty is relativly low.
4. They brand their gear, package it, and sell the second hand garbage to morons (the same way Great Britain traded their second hand weapons to Africa for spices.)
5. Ka-ching! Bling-bling!

Now if this were discombobulated and one company does the chips, another manufactures, another hosts the miners, and another handles marketing & sales... you'd have tons of leakage and the overall margin shrinks.

Free doesn't exist in this bitcoin world. Maybe a pure internet service, but in the end everyone wants their cut.  Nobody works for free. And top dollars ALWAYS attracts the best talent. And that's why you see the highest quality and most polished apps on iOS.  That's the dominate app economy.
Spayse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:19:28 AM

I own samsung wave 575 now. I have used nokia, motorola, iphone3

[EAGS] EagsCurrency - Be Part of Something New with Unique Plans! - Get your Free Share Now! - ends Jan. 27
majakn

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:51:58 AM

nokia 6210 was best phone

now nokia....
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

let's see, some very old and fat phone i cant remember the name of.

something like the pocketline swing 200 but even bigger, perhaps an older model.

at some point i had the nokia 3510i, which was one of the most modern phones at that time.

Than i had the nokia 7280 and at some point also a 6000 series (not sure which came first, also some of them overlapped in usage, i actually still have most of them, and they are in working condition too, although i don't actually use them anymore). Not sure which 6000 series either, 6019i or something probably (or something similar).

At some point i used an XDA although i'm not sure that counts as a phone.

Then i had an LG 'chocolate' (the first phone by LG), but it was kinda horrible, being their first phone they had no experience making phones so they were way behind on the phone market. Their current phones are probably a bit better.

Then i had the Nokia N96. The hardware of the phone was great, but the operating system (Symbian) sucked, phone was slow as shit and kept crashing all the time. The only advantage was that i was able to watch tv on it. (back in 2008 or something that was great because most phones back than didn't have internet) and since i had a long distance relationship, being able to watch tv in the train was a big plus.

Now i have an Iphone. I also have a samsung galaxy Y but since it's still in the original package (sealed) i can't really count that as used.

Oh god as a tech enthousiast I had a rich phone history

It's started with a Motorola in the 1999-2000 (which was similar to the nokia 6110) I don't remember the reference, then to a Motorola Startac
then to a Nokia 3210 (way more indestructible than the 3310 and it has some heft to it) to 3310 to a Samsung T100, to a Sagen Myx6 (my first real smartphone) to Nokia 6680 (which I still own to this day) to N71 to N73 to N95 to N96 and N97 (which I sold it right away ) and that was my farewell to Nokia, I got my self HTC Diamond, then the mighty HTC HD2 (best smartphone evar) Samsung galaxy S1 (many issues), HTC Desire HD (very reliable great built quality), Samsung Galaxy S2 (great smartphone), HTC One X, S3 (Samsung never again I gave your fair chance), HTC One M7 and will move to the M8 if i can manage to get some money, but right now I can't afford it.

I always try and compare phones before buying.

wow, you have an even bigger history than me. But good to know if i ever want to buy a smartphone HTC is the way to go.

By the way, the only phone i actually ever bought was the N96. All the others i got handed to me. (including 2 different iphones and an ipad).
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:40:09 AM

Never had anything besides an iPhone.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:47:02 AM

just switched over to t-mobile today.. finally. it's $45 cheaper for 3 lines, plus now i get more data. can't beat that.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:56:05 AM

just switched over to t-mobile today.. finally. it's $45 cheaper for 3 lines, plus now i get more data. can't beat that.

LOL? http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/01/technology/t-mobile-charges/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

LOL? http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/01/technology/t-mobile-charges/

and? they are at least better than at&t. besides, i got a better deal overall. $90 for 3 lines vs. $145.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: