Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon has just legitimized Bitcoin to the Entire World!!!!  (Read 4789 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:15:13 AM

I just sent this to tech support at Amazon.  Feel free to copy/paste

Hello,

I would like to cancel my account to the point that I no longer exist in your database.  The reason is that I read today that Amazon has no intention to accept bitcoin as a payment method.

Where do I start?

Thanks

Have they answered yet?
They might claim you have to remain in the database "so it's easy for you to come back" (or some other excuse)

Schnitz

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:08:41 AM

When I read the Post "Amazon has just legitimized Bitcoin to the Entire World!!!!" I thought I could already buy stuff on amazon.com. I guess the wish was father to the thought...
Broseph Stalin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:24:50 AM

When I read the Post "Amazon has just legitimized Bitcoin to the Entire World!!!!" I thought I could already buy stuff on amazon.com. I guess the wish was father to the thought...

You can, if you buy a gift card with bitcoin through gyft.com

But yeah, leave it to the cultists to put a positive spin on everything. I mean, I am bullish on bitcoin long term, but not because of a (at best neutral) statement by Amazon.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:15:14 AM

I wonder how the government would act, as well as ebay/paypal
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:22:36 AM

Very interesting analysis of the article and I like the way you read threw the lines of what we need to do to get it accepted by Amazon.  I think we need a large group of people in "hot spots" to get the word out in a unified push so to speak.  It would be good if there was a BTC awareness program for lack of a better term similar to the Sig programs here on the forums.  Just a thought.
ardenture

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:10:30 AM

I think you're way too optimistic and extend too much  Grin

Amazon not taking bitcoin is huge?

I think you'll find Taylor mentioned it in response to a direct question about it in interview. What else is he supposed to do? You are making out as if he held a press conference just to mention Bitcoin. He didn't it was mentioned in an interview in a question and his reply was 'we've looked at it and we don't want it'. If you think them looking at it is huge then you must get excited easily. Obviously they've looked at it after the exposure it has had.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:15:27 AM

At this early stage every time bitcoin is mentioned, even if it is bad press, it is still good.  Even Mt. Gox failing is good news in the long run.  At some point the bitcoin community will say, "We haven't had another Mt. Gox in a long time because ______________ so bitcoin is safe now and the Wild West days are past."  That is IF IF IF bitcoin can really step up and make sure that there aren't any more Mt. Gox scenerious.  We need more multisig and 2nd party authentication.  

It is even good if a totalitarian government or 10 ban bitcoin.  That just means they are taking it seriously.  As long as the free world accepts (and yes taxes) it, bitcoin becomes stronger.  

At this early stage, Amazon saying it won't accept bitcoin is a huge win because it means bitcoin is big enough that they had to consider it.  Someday, if customers demand and they lose business to Bitazon, they will be forced to accept it.  

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:46:47 AM

At this early stage every time bitcoin is mentioned, even if it is bad press, it is still good.  Even Mt. Gox failing is good news in the long run.  At some point the bitcoin community will say, "We haven't had another Mt. Gox in a long time because ______________ so bitcoin is safe now and the Wild West days are past."  That is IF IF IF bitcoin can really step up and make sure that there aren't any more Mt. Gox scenerious.  We need more multisig and 2nd party authentication.  

It is even good if a totalitarian government or 10 ban bitcoin.  That just means they are taking it seriously.  As long as the free world accepts (and yes taxes) it, bitcoin becomes stronger.  

At this early stage, Amazon saying it won't accept bitcoin is a huge win because it means bitcoin is big enough that they had to consider it.  Someday, if customers demand and they lose business to Bitazon, they will be forced to accept it.  

I agree but I think it should be recognized that BTC is in the early stages but also at a critical stage in some ways because alot of bad news is going to travel fast mainly because enough people are aware of BTC to the point that something to negative could be pretty devastating if enough trust/interest is lost IMO. 
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

What would happen if all the dogecoiners persuaded Amazon to accept doge before bitcoin?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:28:44 AM

What would happen if all the dogecoiners persuaded Amazon to accept doge before bitcoin?

That will never happen. Even the retards at Amazon knows that Dogecoin is a useless shitcoin. May be they will encourage it outside Amazon, so that Doge will act as a parasite to Bitcoin and push its value down.
RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:10:26 PM

Glass is half full! Always look at the positives!    Shocked

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:50:32 PM

Are you confusing amazon with ebay?

No. I am not. Amazon has special deals from time to time for Paypal users, just like those they have for various CC users.

So why wouldn't they also create special deals for bitcoin users?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: