Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:59:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox's 2 Factor Authentication: Yubikeys  (Read 6707 times)
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:24:34 AM

Hey MT, is there a shipping fee for international buyers or is it included in the cost?

The shipping fee is included in the price for any destination. Depending on your country's customs you may have to pay a tax.

what happened to the offer to give these away you made on onlyonetv bitcoin show when your site was hacked. you said they would be free to peeps who had trades reversed, ie inconvenienced..

i stand corrected, they are free if your account was affected like mine !

That's cool. I'm still locked out of my account!

Sad

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
csshih (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:13:42 AM

hope that is fixed soon.

The only issue I have with my yubikey is that it keeps disappearing on my desk.  Roll Eyes
jasonk

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:22:01 AM

hope that is fixed soon.

The only issue I have with my yubikey is that it keeps disappearing on my desk.  Roll Eyes

User error!  Grin
csshih (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:23:34 AM

hope that is fixed soon.

User error!  Grin

yes, "ID 10 T" error here.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:28:03 PM

I had nothing to do with it!

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 12:07:15 AM

What scheme is Mt. Gox using? Are they using Yubikey's verification servers? Do they generate the key and burn it into the token themselves? Or can the user program the token?

We use our own AES keys (two random AES key by user) and burn the tokens.

We will provide in the future an option to unlink a token and retrieve the keys & programming codes.

sounds good.

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
csshih (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 11:52:54 AM

I had nothing to do with it!

Reckman

Activity: 711

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:53:59 PM

Will the trading api still work if your account has a yubikey associated with it?
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 10:20:05 PM

Will the trading api still work if your account has a yubikey associated with it?

Yep, except for withdraw. Once things are setup (this week) you'll be able to generate API keys for your account and define rights for each key, and stop using your login/pass to access  the API.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:32:46 AM

you might want to change your process such that you enable the yubikey login only after ensuring that the key arrived and the user got hold of it. I would suggest to make a yubikey entry from a logged in user necessary to activate yubikey authorization.

otherwise you will lock out customers with slow snail mail... 

at least waiting only two days until lock down is way short Roll Eyes   
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 12:10:50 PM

you might want to change your process such that you enable the yubikey login only after ensuring that the key arrived and the user got hold of it. I would suggest to make a yubikey entry from a logged in user necessary to activate yubikey authorization.

They already do this... Until you get your Yubikey and use it for the first time, just hit enter at the Yubikey prompt to bypass it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

They already do this... Until you get your Yubikey and use it for the first time, just hit enter at the Yubikey prompt to bypass it.

sweet it works just fine  Grin  thanks!

would have been nice to know up front, though - rtfm? no answer from gox for 40 hours  Huh

good thing I did not sell anything...
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:25:54 PM

sweet it works just fine  Grin  thanks!

would have been nice to know up front, though - rtfm? no answer from gox for 40 hours  Huh

good thing I did not sell anything...
On the old website, I think there was a message clearly visible, but I don't think this is the case on the new site.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: