Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Mk802 + ubuntu 12.04 + bitmain Antminer u2  (Read 6275 times)
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:06:04 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 04:52:13 AM by razorfishsl

Hi,

I've had mining controllers  running on Quad core for a few months now(RK3188). The main issue is that  with 'cheap' kit, you will require hardware modifications as well.

The biggest issue is that many of the Rockchip products from China are not capable of hitting the frequencies they advertise, more specifically when they state '1.xx Ghz' they mean yes the  Rockchip CPU is speced at that frequency… but they then shove in cheap/copy DDR memory chips (because those are expensive, so they use job lots from the market) in some cases even the same product from the same supplier are different spec DDR memory chips….

In many cases the CPU quad cores are only running at a few hundred  MHZ even though the damned chip is speced at >1ghz

Another issue is that you may have to split open the products and get a much larger heatsink onto the rockchip CPU , because many of these products don't even have a heatsink or the copper area to pull the heat correctly!! ( had one desolder itself from the pcb when the frequency was ramped up, one reason why I had not posted the details )

Then to top it off you have the idiot companies that have put hardware 'bugs' into the products, so that changing/replacing the kernel deliberately cuts functionality or causes the  HDMI display to collapse in an endless flashing cycle( also looks like it has been done to stop their kernels being used on other products)

However once you get the quad core things setup and the 'right' product then they make fine mining controllers…..

The other product I threw together was a 'bridge board' that allows the quad cores/ Raspberry pi's to pull the current they need from the metal hubs I sell, basically a single hub/integral psu to power the miner & controller all from a single supply.

RF

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myk3916 (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:59:50 PM

im looking into buying a new miner... the ants are cool and they are openwrt powered... so no using them for my quad/octa core tv project..

i was looking at an dragon miner or terraminer... one of them uses a rpi setup, and i was thinking about custom swapping that out if i get that specific unit...

the tronsmart tv box is cool, i had to dump the stupid stock loader and installed adw loader... much better...  i dont like androids that look like microsoft windows...

has some really good specs on it... im trying to get android miner app on it so i can run a few tests....

maybe a cool update soon... im not sure if i can get linux on this thing, its to new for any hacks to have come out... but i have heard you can ssh into a linux shell.... not sure yet...

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
whitegrey

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

I've just sent you a 0.02 BTC donation because I really like what you do here!
Keep up the work an if you archive any significant steps please let us know and/or publish guides (i'd even pay for it if they are well done and guaranteed to work)...
myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:31:05 PM

I've just sent you a 0.02 BTC donation because I really like what you do here!
Keep up the work an if you archive any significant steps please let us know and/or publish guides (i'd even pay for it if they are well done and guaranteed to work)...

if you like what I've done so far keep watching I have a secret weapon that I have yet to bring out...

thank you Kindly for the donation

myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:43:16 PM

Been a little busy guys but still working on this project... Only problem is i think i have a defective wifi chip in mine... It turns on/off intermittently, so instead of givving up i bought a ethernet to usb adapter...

I actually have a practical use for this now since i got a zeusminer... So i have a bit more work to do...

I actually managed to take the case apart and cut a hole into it and put a heatsink in it... Looks perfect too...

I need a wifi router and ill be re-arrainging my hardwares location around the house... And adding the mk802 to the pool....

Keep watching!!!

myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:21:50 PM

Just a question guys, but i wanna know what you think.

If i was able to get a lot of mk802's or compatible, would anyone be interested in buying?

Im thinking of building a wide range of alternates to rasberry pi, and was thinking about marketing about 5 different kinds of controller cards, and accessories too...

I also came up with a really good idea, converting a tablet over to linux touch, and building a dock setup for it so you have a lcd attached to your controller card.

I will be doing a lot of programming and testing, what do you think?

whitegrey

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:53:21 PM

Basically I'm interested! But it would depend on your shipping rate and options - esp. for international buyers (EU in my case)...
myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

cool.... let me make a few calls....

myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:09:15 PM

8/18/14: http://www.stane1983.com/amlinux/ Linux was finally built for my new android device, it was too new at the time to use, finally there is Linux support so I will be testing my script hardware, I have purchased over $4,000 in asics, Zeus, gawminers, Bitmain, etc, right now I'm running a pcduino for a controller, but would love this more powerful device to power everything. Might be possible to setup a LAMP server (Linux apache mysql php) with p2pool or nomp or mpos as well for solo mining low difficulty coins.

Will probly start new thread for new project.

myk3916 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

Runs blizzards and fury's

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: