Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Ratings with Expiry Date  (Read 735 times)
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

How about trust ratings with an expiry date?
Say, I'd like to flag someone's offer as not trustworthy.
On the other hand, it's not like I would necessarily consider the person in question a serial scammer.
An easy solution could be to give that person a negative trust rating for the next two weeks™, so that in effect the offer would come from a person with a trust warning.
After some time, when the offer is no longer open, the negative trust is no longer required and thus could expire.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:22:02 PM

On the other hand, it's not like I would necessarily consider the person in question a serial scammer.
An easy solution could be to give that person a negative trust rating for the next two weeks™, so that in effect the offer would come from a person with a trust warning.
After some time, when the offer is no longer open, the negative trust is no longer required and thus could expire.
hey, this might work with a few minor adjustments, although i don't know why the tm is necessary
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:35:06 AM

hey, this might work with a few minor adjustments, although i don't know why the tm is necessary
It needs to be included if you want to leave a rating for two weeks™
Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

This is interesting. But instead of an expiry date, maybe decreasing as time passes? Reminds me of Gauntlet Legends life points in the arcade. (Pardon the reference for those of you who didn't play this game in the arcade.)

We'll play with this idea and forum reputation will be in plugins so that developers can implement different plugins based on what they need.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: