Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Report my Bitcoin earnings to the IRS? No way!  (Read 8134 times)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:37:36 AM

Have fun in jail!

It doesn't matter if you own a pizza palor, mine bitcoins, or sell drugs.

You always owe taxes!

Why don't you move to a country where there are no capital gains tax and no income tax.

As long as you live in the US or are an US citizen you will be breaking the law and the IRS will catch up with you.

I never agreed to be a US citizen. Trying to tax me, just for being born here, even when I live in another country is straight extortion.
poor you, that you haven't been born in another country like the Ukraine ...

I would move there if they would grant me citizenship for free!
Oh, I see, another ignorant US-citizen who doesn't watch the news ...
and btw. Why would anybody give you citizenship for free?
Just renounce your Citizenship like runam0k suggested and you will see, how life is, w/o a citizenship ...

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 09:43:51 AM

Just renounce your Citizenship like runam0k suggested and you will see, how life is, w/o a citizenship ...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101406922

More and more people are doing it. The IRS is busy changing the rules to say that they can still come after you, even if you give up your citizenship and move to a more civilised country.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:54:36 AM

It's not a "pro-tax" argument, it's a statement of fact: get caught and you will go to jail.

It comes down to a decision, resist injustice, or fund injustice.
Fine, take a stand, but for as long as you are an American citizen, you necessarily accept there will be consequences if you choose not to pay your taxes and get caught.
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 09:54:43 AM

I still find it frankly staggering that the IRS still believes it should be taxing people who emigrated, don't live in the US, never visit the US and have no intention of ever returning.

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 09:58:27 AM

Fine, take a stand, but for as long as you are an American citizen, you necessarily accept there will be consequences if you choose not to pay your taxes and get caught.

If there were no consequences of resisting injustice, there would likely be no injustice.

The consequences of funding the state are far more serious. If you don't believe me, visit Fallujah, home of American Depleted Uranium, and enjoy the birth defects that your tax dollars helped create. If you are a US tax payer, you are paying the government to spy on you, and so on.

The state is the problem, not the solution.

vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:16:01 AM

Well this is 'murica, lets hope other governments have a more positive attitude towards Bitcoin  Grin
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:29:02 PM

Whats if ur bitcoins get stolen from wallet, what do u do then,

please unban me.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:57:51 PM

It's not a "pro-tax" argument, it's a statement of fact: get caught and you will go to jail.

I just publicly declared that I didn't pay capital gains taxes and no one has been able to prove otherwise. The IRS, NSA, CIA...none of them have any idea what private keys I have access to.

Keep fear-mongering though, its all you have left.

I'm grumpy!!
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:19:01 PM

They will see exactly $0.00 USD from me :-)
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

With tax day fast approaching in the United States, the subject of Bitcoin and taxation has been all over the news lately.

Over the past several years, Bitcoin miners, investors and startups have enjoyed a huge financial boon from the Bitcoin price explosion.  As Bitcoiners, are we required to cough up real money to the IRS?

According to the US Government, we owe the IRS some cash.  Profits from Bitcoin mining are taxable and profits from Bitcoin investments fall under the capital gains tax.  Yes, we owe the government money. But should we pay?

No, I don't think so.

The power to tax is the power to destroy.  The Federal Reserve banking cartel understands the danger of Bitcoin eventually eclipsing fiat currency.  They are, frankly, terrified.  The US hasn't banned Bitcoin because it is not yet in mainstream usage.  Stores don't accept Bitcoin. Most people don't own Bitcoin.  Bitcoin might have entered the public lexicon, but it hasn't entered the public wallet.  At least not yet.

But the IRS and the Federal Reserve would love to establish a precedent of taxation for Bitcoin.  Should they eventually feel threatened enough to severely restrict it, they could easily tax Bitcoin into oblivion. 

Already the government is seeking to regulate Bitcoin as a monetary instrument, hence the recent arrests of LocalBitcoin exchangers in Florida and the indictment of Charlie Shrem.  By regulating Bitcoin, they ensure that the large Bitcoin companies (CoinBase, etc) will enjoy a monopoly, becoming extremely vulnerable to government regulation and taxation. Small players will be forced out of business and new players will have a hard time getting into the game.  This has always been the model for banking in the United States and they are applying the same restrictive template to Bitcoin. 

The government doesn't need to ban Bitcoin. All they need to do is impose taxes and regulation sufficient to keep the big Bitcoin companies on top, and the little guys out of the game.

My name is Dr. Michael Moriarty, and I own the Bitcoin Network of 50+ Bitcoin related sites, including https://BitPlastic.com, https://CoinChimp.com, https://BitLaunder.com and many more.  We are not going to pay 1 cent to the IRS or any other government agency.  Nor do we verify the identity of our customers.  Nor do we report our customer's financial transactions to any government agency whatsoever.

The beauty of Bitcoin is that the average person can use it to escape from the fiat currency ponzi scheme that characterizes our modern banking system.  By reporting your Bitcoin earnings to the IRS, you are implicitly embracing their financial scam and becoming part of it.

Beverely Rubik says 'you can recognize a pioneer by the arrows in his back.'  Maybe the IRS will put some arrows in my back, but they will have to find me first :-)

You should get some other TLDs then, .com domains are frequently seized by the US.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

This is a good point... The french revloution was a lot more than just writing letters and walking down the streets following the path the cops laid out for you.  The seat of power is NEVER given up, ever.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 09:14:31 PM

I never agreed to be a US citizen. Trying to tax me, just for being born here, even when I live in another country is straight extortion.
Renounce your citizenship.

Besides the cost of $450, there is a ton of paperwork involved.

And that doesn't even guarantee success. Most people are denied any attempt to renounce their citizenship unless they are already a citizen of another country. I have a couple of friends that have tried to renounce their citizenship and failed.

It is easy to say "renounce your citizenship", but most people who say that have no idea of the difficulty involved. They are just spewing out words. They may as well say "move to mars".

The issue is becoming moot anyway. I have traveled internationally enough now that I feel safe in just disappearing in a foreign country whenever I am finally ready to do so.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:51:33 PM

I still find it frankly staggering that the IRS still believes it should be taxing people who emigrated, don't live in the US, never visit the US and have no intention of ever returning.
Equally staggering that such people cling on to their US citizenships, no?

The thing is, should anything ever happen to that person - a kidnapping, for example, false imprisonment, civil unrest or war breaking out in a particular country - the very considerable weight and resources of the US government will mobilise to assist that person.  A (paid for) benefit not to be scoffed at.

In any event, it's not all bad for ex-pats: there are various tax rules and exemptions that take into account taxes paid in other countries.  In the UK, for example, income tax is higher than in the US, so there should be no US income tax to pay.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

To renounce US citizenship, you go to another country that will take you. Then go to a US consulate and tell them you want to renounce US citizenship. They have you watch a video, they warn you what you're giving up, you sign some forms, they take your passport, and show you out the door. You can no longer enter the US, except maybe on a tourist visa.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:40:47 PM

From "Office Space":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"Michael Bolton: We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison."

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:45:28 PM

To renounce US citizenship, you go to another country that will take you. Then go to a US consulate and tell them you want to renounce US citizenship. They have you watch a video, they warn you what you're giving up, you sign some forms, they take your passport, and show you out the door. You can no longer enter the US, except maybe on a tourist visa.
and where do they send you?   back into the USA?   and how do you travel anywhere else?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

Seems straightforward enough.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

Seems straightforward enough.

And............................................................................ .............

You have to have all of your taxes paid up BEFORE you get to drop your US citizenshipo.

Some catch, that Catch 22!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
shoopwooper

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:30:30 PM

Feel free to take off the Guy Fawkes mask whenever you want...
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:22:11 AM

From "Office Space":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"Michael Bolton: We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison."

My $.02.

Wink

Old tired tactics of fear & intimidation!

Any organization that uses fear & intimidation to get compliance you can be assured is not rooted in ethics.

And any system that uses force --  when it gets enough power -- always leads to genocide.  Show me one exception!

Such is the case with the current Federal Reserve scam.  Conducting genocide right now around the world to further cement their control.

That's what you're enabling when you let the fear & intimidation that LostDutchman is promoting here get you to comply.

Sad to see that agents who benefit from that system -- such as LostDutchman does in his incorporation biz -- are so willing to spread that system's propaganda.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: