Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's almost 6AM in Beijing, China and looks like someone is trying to pump...  (Read 2330 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:57:34 PM

You are retarded mat. And yes to some of those, incidentally. (not the ones where yes or no makes no sense obviously)

Yeah yeah....

I would have gotten the same response if I had said that MtGox volume was all fake a few months ago, which by definition of not having the coins that they said they did, it was.

As for evidence, Bobby Lee has said that Huobi and OKCoin volume is largely faked, which is sometimes why there are such huge price moves as large buyers/sellers think there are a certain number of coin at a certain price range only for their market orders to execute and find that they were sorely mistaken as the walls vanish in their faces.

Bitcoin is finished in China, but that doesn't mean that there aren't well connected and/or opportunists who won't seek to exploit the situation to the max in order to enrich themselves whilst they still have the opportunity to do so. In fact I will go further than that and state if you don't think this market is getting pumped and dumped through the medium of some rather nefarious means, then you are a fucking idiot. It is that simple.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:10:55 AM

Anyone who traded on gox after they trapped fiat deserve what they got. Obvious case is obvious.

And people are buying and selling. Those are the tools available. To all of us. Stop whining about it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:25:38 AM

Anyone who traded on gox after they trapped fiat deserve what they got. Obvious case is obvious.

And people are buying and selling. Those are the tools available. To all of us. Stop whining about it.

I am'nt whining. I am stating my point of view. For the time being, I have no financial interest in Bitcoin, short or long. I don't care if Bitcoin smashes through $600, I don't care if it plummets back to $400 (cos I won't even be thinking about buying until $200 range). I am a shite trader but my general outlook on Bitcoin has been pretty good. I have no faith in this rise. I think it is all bullshit. Doesn't mean that some people won't get rich from it and many more won't ultimately be out of pocket cos they will, but this is my opinion.

And I don't have the same tools as everyone else. I can't move 1K+ BTC playing chips around on both sides of various exchanges walls, buying into one and selling into the other in order to create a false impression, and I certainly can't do what the Chinese exchange operators can do and simply simulate artificial trading algorithms. This is a cornered and corrupt market. I am not the same as a whale and I certainly am not the same as a whale with means of cheating/fooling the market.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:38:21 AM

That is whining. And a pity party to boot. If you had only held onto those early coins instead of snorting them up. If you really have no interest, just go away? Why stick around?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:45:52 AM

That is whining. And a pity party to boot. If you had only held onto those early coins instead of snorting them up. If you really have no interest, just go away? Why stick around?

Compulsive addictive behaviour disorder.

I have asked my girlfriend to find me a pop psychology book on it.

If only the best part of you hadn't dribbled out your mother's arsehole as your father ran off without paying, you might not be such a prick. A fucking ignorant prick at that but ignorance is common amongst Americans so perhaps that is more a cultural thing. But realise of course, I am taking a very charitable view on that.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:53:10 AM

frothy!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:10:09 AM

is china awake? Roll Eyes

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:21:57 AM

yea, was considering this to be a good selling opportunity

still don't wanna take the risk though

should of sold Angry
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:24:10 AM

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:23:09 PM

Did you see the price rise from $515 to $530 in the span of a couple of minutes just now? Seriously. Someone's trying to pump up the price before the Chinese wakes up and sees the price.

it is just manipulation with price, you can check at http://bitcoinity.org/markets,
Huobi and Bitstamp, for 5 days purchased over 500k bitcoins,
It is so funny, 500k bitcoins for 4 days, and after that for next 4 days purchased less 10k bitcoins.

It is BIG manipulation with prices, Just check and compare volume and time, it not real.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:22:32 PM

lovely, books to cure psych disorders !
I remember TA101.Also in vain.
Best advice for Readers of MatTheCat`s posts:before reading take some antiidiotic pills.It works
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:01:33 PM

lovely, books to cure psych disorders !
I remember TA101.Also in vain.
Best advice for Readers of MatTheCat`s posts:before reading take some antiidiotic pills.It works

Last time we had a chat was bitcoin not around 600 and was I not telling u it was going down? Try saving your smart cunt comments for when/if I am proven conclusively wrong. See ya when Bitcoin is down the 200s.

Undone

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:20:30 PM

Mat, have you ever gotten screwed out of a stop-loss order on any of the exchanges?
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:20:37 PM

Mat, have you ever gotten screwed out of a stop-loss order on any of the exchanges?

Wouldn't recommend setting a stop loss on Bitfinex.

a) U are just asking for it to get farmed against the grain of the market by exchange insiders and/or bots simply farming by guessing (my bet is on exchange insiders).

b) If it triggers, u are likely to find that most of your trade actually gets triggered at much higher rate than the Stop Loss that u set.

Trade with a mental stop loss where u decide that if the price breaks above a certain value, then plan to leave your position on next correction/spike depending on which way u are trading.

Undone

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:25:36 PM

Gotcha. And that is a good piece of advice.

The reason I asked about orders not triggering in your own personal trading is this - you started out trading with roughly $20K USD, correct? That is in my opinion a good chunk to trade with.

I'm genuinely curious if you had ever considered making a larger number of "micro" trades on the swings (referring to going long), as opposed to holding out for longer periods, thus generating more risk.

But I suppose if orders don't get triggered, that's only really a viable strategy if one can sit in front of a computer 16 hours a day.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:59:59 PM

Gotcha. And that is a good piece of advice.

The reason I asked about orders not triggering in your own personal trading is this - you started out trading with roughly $20K USD, correct? That is in my opinion a good chunk to trade with.

I'm genuinely curious if you had ever considered making a larger number of "micro" trades on the swings (referring to going long), as opposed to holding out for longer periods, thus generating more risk.

But I suppose if orders don't get triggered, that's only really a viable strategy if one can sit in front of a computer 16 hours a day.

There are tons of 'bright' ideas like simply making micro-trades and coming out it when the market goes $10 in your favour or something. However, as I have found, for every bright idea, there is can of psychological worms that gets opened up that the novice trader never bargained for. Unless a trader times his entry at absolute bottom and his exit at the absolute top, the market will always taunt and jeer at the trader, making him feel like a fool and filling his mind full of 'woulda shoulda couldas' that will ultimately lead to some very foolish and out of tune trading decisions being made.

I have just come through a little stint of holding off or indeed a reversing a trade when I should have stuck to my guns and then diving in out of sheer frustration chasing yesterdays missed opportunities when I really needed to stay the fuck out and just sit back and observe. If I had unlimited supplies of fiat then I may go on to learn lots about myself and about trading and may even grow into a very good trader. Problem is I have very limited supplies of funds and it is a case of 'how many bangs in the face can a fighter take, before he decides he just isn't very good at it'?

I am through with trading Bitcoin. Period. I may invest in the future, I may not. I shall never touch leverage in any investment ever again. Leverage is like an amplifier of all the psychological neuroses that leads to erratic, impulsive, and invariably bad trading decisions. With leverage, I have had some very big wins. But my leveraged losses are much greater, most of them small but numerous, some of them large, with my last and final one, being fucking enormous.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: