Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to explain bitcoin isnt "fake"?  (Read 2954 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:21:50 AM

Sharing this around will probably help.

This is great! +1

love it.  shared.  go viral!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:44:14 PM

The whole "money as debt" concept is pretty crazy when you think about it. The problem is I'd wager 90% of people don't honestly understand the concept or its implications. It was easier when everyone just used metal coins and gold and silver were more or less the standard worldwide...
zzojar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:27:04 PM

I've got you all beat:
The ultimate best way to show someone bitcoin has value (and is not fake) is to take them to your mailbox when your silkroad pot arrives. Pull out your pipe right then and let your friend take the first hit. If it's some good shit, then tell your friend you bought it with bitcoin. Maybe then your friend will believe you that bitcoin has value.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:28:32 PM

I've got you all beat:
The ultimate best way to show someone bitcoin has value (and is not fake) is to take them to your mailbox when your silkroad pot arrives. Pull out your pipe right then and let your friend take the first hit. If it's some good shit, then tell your friend you bought it with bitcoin. Maybe then your friend will believe you that bitcoin has value.

Yeah, that's one perfect way to make the connection to of bitcoin to drugs even stronger in the eyes of the mainstream society.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

is there a non stoner version of that lol

apsvinet

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

No, apparently Bitcoins are still all about drug trade and Silkroad.
Yeah or perhaps you could read the other suggestions made in this thread. Wink

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:54:18 PM

Don't forget about dirty money, money laundering, goods trafficking, mafia, and all that BS.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:55:51 PM

Don't forget about dirty money, money laundering, goods trafficking, mafia, and all that BS.
Yes well. I know all that, and it's what the media wants people to believe. They're not interesting in investigating and researching Bitcoins to actually find out what it is, they're interesting in scaring people with headlines about the devil-currency.

byt411

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:57:52 PM

Yes well. I know all that, and it's what the media wants people to believe. They're not interesting in investigating and researching Bitcoins to actually find out what it is, they're interesting in scaring people with headlines about the devil-currency.

Wrong, that's not what the media wants people to believe, it's what the governments want.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:00:44 AM

Wrong, that's not what the media wants people to believe, it's what the governments want.
Hm?
I don't know where you are from, perhaps the american government, and the Chinese government care about Bitcoins, but I don't think that goes for the whole world. Every article written, in mainstream media about bitcoins mentions that it's a currency used primarily to trade drugs, weapons etc.

You can't say that it's "wrong" or something new that the media live of scaring people, with headlines about how video games make you violent, the new diseases of the year, etc etc.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:07:37 AM

Hm?
I don't know where you are from, perhaps the american government, and the Chinese government care about Bitcoins, but I don't think that goes for the whole world. Every article written, in mainstream media about bitcoins mentions that it's a currency used primarily to trade drugs, weapons etc.

You can't say that it's "wrong" or something new that the media live of scaring people, with headlines about how video games make you violent, the new diseases of the year, etc etc.

of course.  Mainstream media is a mouthpiece for the governments.  Or didn't you get the memo?

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:09:02 AM

Hm?

of course.  Mainstream media is a mouthpiece for the governments.  Or didn't you get the memo?
Be that as it may, the statement that it's what the media wants ( be them a tool of the government or not ) is still correct, which was my point all along.

nkocevar (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

I've got you all beat:

No thats more of a way to put a bad spotlight on bitcoins. And not everyone who is involved with bitcoins like to smoke pot. I personally like to be productive, not lazy.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:16:23 PM

I've got you all beat:

No thats more of a way to put a bad spotlight on bitcoins. And not everyone who is involved with bitcoins like to smoke pot. I personally like to be productive, not lazy.
Glad to see someone taking a stand against connecting bitcoins to drugs. Lots of idiots like the guy who posted that crap are part of the reason it's so hard to get people to embrace bitcoins.

byt411

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:48:16 AM

I've got you all beat:

Glad to see someone taking a stand against connecting bitcoins to drugs. Lots of idiots like the guy who posted that crap are part of the reason it's so hard to get people to embrace bitcoins.

He's probably deeply involved in that sort of thing, and that's all he thinks about.
Scum.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:07:17 AM

I've got you all beat:

He's probably deeply involved in that sort of thing, and that's all he thinks about.
Scum.
For all I care he can do as much drugs as he likes, as long as he doesn't do it in public with a "Bought drugs with Bitcoins" T-shirt.

BLKMined

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:45:53 AM

What is the best way to explain that bitcoin isnt "fake" or "imaginary" to one who is ignorant about bitcoin and very close-minded? Yes I know it is sort of "imaginary", but there has to be some argument for it.

I'm talking to a closed-minded person myself about how he thinks BTCitcoin is going down when in fact he hasn't even done any research of his own to even give an opinion.  And the closest I came to best explaining this, was 'EBT' - If no one knows what this is, I highly recommend looking it up for a complete understanding.  Basically it is Electronic Food Stamps for thy under-paid Sad Cool. I told him "whatever food you can buy with  your U.S. dollar, you can also as well buy, using your EBT card.  It's that simple!
BTCitcoins 4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLKMined

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:52:54 AM

[/quote]

Speak for youself! I am very productive when I smoke my treez.  I highly recommend checking out a movie called "LimitLess" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/ That is exactly how I am BUT with the TREE.  People who use their brains, who actually smk & move are the smart ones.  I have to prove myself over and over and over again!  I can do anything while smking.  It's as if I'm sober but with better senses - Spider man like if you will  Cool
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:05:01 AM

The whole "money as debt" concept is pretty crazy when you think about it. The problem is I'd wager 90% of people don't honestly understand the concept or its implications. It was easier when everyone just used metal coins and gold and silver were more or less the standard worldwide...

Anime does a good job of it if you Watch C-money-and-soul-and-possibility-of-control

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:16:42 AM

The dollar is also just a paper.
But we trust the government. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: