Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AntminerS1: Setting as DHCP server. (Newbie)  (Read 461 times)
FunkiMonki (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:56:26 AM

Ey-up,

I'm no linux expert - and I'm having trouble configuring my AntminerS1 to be a DHCP Client on the WAN port (eth1), and a DHCP server over the LAN port (eth0). Whenever I think I've set it right I lose connection to the box. And can only connect to the box using an ethernet cable. (I have used Debian/Ubuntu/Slackware - but the web interface and the command line manuals are driving me nuts.)

I've added a new eth1 port matching my network name (on the eth1) - on a static address and this has been picked up fine.

The original WAN port now shows the default IPAddress (Should this show on LAN?)
My WAN port shows my network address.

The original LAN port shows nothing - even when I connect a cable into my testing laptop and connected on the default 192.168.1.99 address?

I haven't used DNSMASQ or OPENWRT before - and I don't seem to have anything but the basic commands.

I want to connect an old RaspberryPI ASICs hub (There's a lot on there!) and see if it resolves the issue with the RPi overloading the USB connector, by putting some of the network load onto the LAN/Ethernet port.

Any pointers/directions would be grand!

Thanks in advance

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: