Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you mine and use bitcoins, but do not support Ron Paul  (Read 2493 times)
Sovereign (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 04:57:38 PM

Then you should stop using bitcoins. You are a hypocrite statist who believes in anti-freedom. You have no business using market evolved money based on freedom and decentralization. This is what Ron Paul stands for, and this what bitcoiners should stand for aswell.

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:05:13 PM

No right? Eh.. so I guess I misunderstood all that noise about personal liberty and freedom Paul supports make..  You sayin its conditional on your political preferences?

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:14:08 PM

Have you considered that some people might not support ANY Republicans, or any politicians? Or that one might agree with Ron Paul about currency but not (for example) whether or not any state has a right to ban abortion? A presidential candidate is a complicated choice and can't be determined by one issue.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:18:47 PM

I have a feeling Dr. Paul would disagree with you.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:48:50 PM

Then you should stop using bitcoins. You are a hypocrite statist who believes in anti-freedom. You have no business using market evolved money based on freedom and decentralization. This is what Ron Paul stands for, and this what bitcoiners should stand for aswell.
Isn't telling people what to do the opposite of freedom?

Just checking.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 05:57:11 PM

He's trying to take control of the state power machine to make it do what he wants. That's statist.

Regardless, I think you should use what you can to do what you think is right. I'll do the same.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:58:42 PM

He's trying to take control of the state power machine to make it do what he wants. That's statist.

Regardless, I think you should use what you can to do what you think is right. I'll do the same.

IF a statist system already exists how do you remove it (or maybe degrade it) without taking control of it first?
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:08:27 PM

IF a statist system already exists how do you remove it (or maybe degrade it) without taking control of it first?
convince enough people, that the system sucks, and anarchy is better.
at some point you would reach a point where the state falls apart, and anarchy wins.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:47:59 PM

What about no.

Protip: USA is not the world  Roll Eyes

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:04:43 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2012, 07:21:02 PM by FlipPro

REALLY?

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

nuff said, -_-

Edit: People like you HURT Bitcoin, and you don't even realize it...

Bitcoin does not belong to you, or any political ideology for the matter. It doesn't have "favorites" and unlike your post, promotes TRUE freedom from all of the existing establishments including the one that your hero RP is part of, whether he likes it or not...

Thank god that Bitcoin has no bias...
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:07:00 PM

For what it's worth though, I will vote for RP if he's on the ballot as the Republican candidate.  But it's not right to say that anyone who doesn't vote for him shouldn't be using Bitcoin.   Roll Eyes
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:08:10 PM

For what it's worth though, I will vote for RP if he's on the ballot as the Republican candidate.  But it's not right to say that anyone who doesn't vote for him shouldn't be using Bitcoin.   Roll Eyes
RP is a clown SGT, and his supporters haven't done much to change that.

They just seem to make it worse...
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:11:22 PM

For what it's worth though, I will vote for RP if he's on the ballot as the Republican candidate.  But it's not right to say that anyone who doesn't vote for him shouldn't be using Bitcoin.   Roll Eyes

They just make it worse...
He's better than any of the other politicians running.  Agree about the supporters... there's extremist supporters no matter what candidate you look at, but RP's are of a special variety.  Wink
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:15:24 PM

For what it's worth though, I will vote for RP if he's on the ballot as the Republican candidate.  But it's not right to say that anyone who doesn't vote for him shouldn't be using Bitcoin.   Roll Eyes

They just make it worse...
He's better than any of the other politicians running.  Agree about the supporters... there's extremist supporters no matter what candidate you look at, but RP's are of a special variety.  Wink
He may be the best Republican, but Obama would slaughter him in the general (he would probably take all 50 states). There are so many holes in his ideology/plans it's not even funny.

None of his shit would work in the real world, and anyone with a functioning brain can see that.

BTW saying he's the best Republican candidate doesn't mean shit nowadays. Since the Republican party went off the deep end, the clowns took over, and now we have a circus with Ron Paul as the ring leader!
P4man

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:27:37 PM

Id still vote for him if I lived in the US. He wont get elected, but so what. Whether Romney or Obama wins makes no difference whatsoever. Skin color and minor variances in their belief of a space god aside, I cant see any major differences.

Ron Paul otoh, may not have all the right idea's, he is about the only politician that I trust to run for the right reasons. He's about the only one not bought for by corporations and probably as incorruptible as politicians get. Voting for him would help make many of the issues he addresses get some attention, like the rise of the police state, all this empire "war is peace" bullshit, the deeply corrupt political system etc.

His economic and social policies would likely be disastrous, but its easier to fix that later, than regaining control of a democracy thats quickly headed towards an Orwellian state.

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:31:01 PM

That's the same thing anarchists in Spain said when confronted with rising fascism. Didn't work. Agorism is probably the fastest way out of corporatism.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:33:04 PM

I'll just agree to disagree with you FlipPro.  We have different political views, and that's ok.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:35:20 PM

Id still vote for him if I lived in the US. He wont get elected, but so what. Whether Romney or Obama wins makes no difference whatsoever. Skin color and minor variances in their belief of a space god aside, I cant see any major differences.

Ron Paul otoh, may not have all the right idea's, he is about the only politician that I trust to run for the right reasons. He's about the only one not bought for by corporations and probably as incorruptible as politicians get. Voting for him would help make many of the issues he addresses get some attention, like the rise of the police state, all this empire "war is peace" bullshit, the deeply corrupt political system etc.

His economic and social policies would likely be disastrous, but its easier to fix that later, than regaining control of a democracy thats quickly headed towards an Orwellian state.
Actually you're wrong. Romney and Obama are two completely different politicians, and one would take us on a completely different path than we are now.

There are so many Europeans on the Internet spamming Ron Paul all day because they have bankrupt over bloated government, and think he fits their vision of a perfect society...

They feel that anarchy is better than debt.

We do not have the same problems here as you guys do in Europe. While we may have debt, non of these austerity measures Paul's proposing make ANY SENSE what so ever...

The situation in America and Europe are radically different, and what *might* be needed over there , is not needed in the USA...
P4man

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:48:42 PM

Actually you're wrong. Romney and Obama are two completely different politicians, and one would take us on a completely different path than we are now.

you really believe that? Im sure you believed Obama would be very different than Bush.
Obama might be black, and certainly is an intelligent guy and a great speaker. Thats about where the differences end. His policies are identical in just about every meaningful respect. Its just a different tone and wrapper. He has done nothing substantially different than Bush, neither in foreign policy, nor in domestic policies. In many respect he has even been Bush on steroids.

There are so many Europeans on the Internet spamming Ron Paul all day because they have bankrupt over bloated government, and think he fits their vision of a perfect society...

No, if Europeans are hoping for Paul to do well in the elections, its because we are frightened to death of whats becoming of the US, and how it will impact us. If it rains in Washington it drips in London and Brussels. All the war mongering, the domestic surveillance bullshit, sopa, bankster bailouts etc...
It has pretty much nothing to do with debt.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:14:11 PM

you really believe that? Im sure you believed Obama would be very different than Bush.
Obama might be black, and certainly is an intelligent guy and a great speaker. Thats about where the differences end. His policies are identical in just about every meaningful respect. Its just a different tone and wrapper. He has done nothing substantially different than Bush, neither in foreign policy, nor in domestic policies. In many respect he has even been Bush on steroids.

No, if Europeans are hoping for Paul to do well in the elections, its because we are frightened to death of whats becoming of the US, and how it will impact us. If it rains in Washington it drips in London and Brussels. All the war mongering, the domestic surveillance bullshit, sopa, bankster bailouts etc...
It has pretty much nothing to do with debt.

It would take to much of my time to prove to you why Ron Paul would be MUCH worse for Europe than President Obama ever could.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: