Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][BITSTAR] POS ★ MULTIPOOL ★ ANON ★ In Wallet FIAT Exchange beta  (Read 151796 times)
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:01:38 AM

Looks like a few are selling at about 1000 sat as expected. As for me I'm still buying!  Cool This coins floor should be at 10,000 sat (especially considering the limited supply).

- 3 months old and still strong compared to new pump/dump coins.
- 3 main dedicated developers with good communication skills.
- Upcoming wallet with unseen / unique / advanced features.
- Future short term plans in place after Phase 1 wallet release.

Current market cap of only $100k. (which is inline or lower than scam coins!)

Any half-decent coin has a minimum market cap of $500k and $1+ million for decent coins.
So let's see how the market reacts when dev reveals more / releases phase 1 wallet. Grin Grin

Agree. Devs are always active and answering questions. I have to say, I had my doubts about Bitstar earlier, especially seeing it fall under 100 sat. Any other dev will give up, but not this one! Their works are slowly paying off. They managed to pull through all these tough times, so we know that they're in it for the long run. I can't wait to see what's ahead!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:58:09 AM

Looks like a few are selling at about 1000 sat as expected. As for me I'm still buying!  Cool This coins floor should be at 10,000 sat (especially considering the limited supply).

Any half-decent coin has a minimum market cap of $500k and $1+ million for decent coins.
So let's see how the market reacts when dev reveals more / releases phase 1 wallet. Grin Grin

Agree. Devs are always active and answering questions. I have to say, I had my doubts about Bitstar earlier, especially seeing it fall under 100 sat. Any other dev will give up, but not this one! Their works are slowly paying off. They managed to pull through all these tough times, so we know that they're in it for the long run. I can't wait to see what's ahead!

All very good points. I wish I had bought more when it was that low!
InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:02:30 AM

All very good points. I wish I had bought more when it was that low!

I actually bought in at 300 sat but then ended up selling almost everything for 150 sat... For some reason my gut told me to buy more... and I stuck with Bitstar ever since.
tim14

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:10:14 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 06:35:30 AM by tim14

You have the option to vote up Bitstar on  >  https://hitbtc.com/vote

Register an account for 10x vote. It takes a minute of your time to register.

(Thanks to those who suggested Bitstar be added)
InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:35:51 AM

*If you are not interested in actually doing something for the community (even something as simple as voting),
simply disregard my posts, there is no need to respond*  Thank you.  Smiley

Yes, go go!
tim14

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:44:43 AM

*If you are not interested in actually doing something for the community (even something as simple as voting),

Yes, go go!

See....If we had 10 more people like InitialDat we would already have Bitstar on 8 exchanges.

Remember people, exchanges are like distribution centers with free advertising built in.

Vertcoin for example is on 28 exchanges. Very wide distribution and promotion.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:49:44 AM

Voted! Wink

tim14

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:54:20 AM

Voted! Wink

Nice, we'll get there.  Smiley
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:23:59 AM

(Thanks to those who suggested Bitstar be added)

Added to subreddit list of exchanges to vote for
InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:57:05 AM

Great, great. Let's start to build this community!
poon4

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:58:13 AM

how about the new features?
InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:01:37 AM

We're now working on a new unseen feature, should have more news in the next week or so.  But won't announce it until it is ready.

Unseen feature is slightly delayed due to a dev pc dyeing and this chain sync issue, still expect 1-2 weeks before I'm ready to announce, not going to let on what it is early and risk somebody else doing it too though.  

I have thought about anon, but i have put that on hold for now as it seems like another "me too" feature, I'll reconsider it after the feature I'm working on now is complete if the community still really wants it.

I'll just leave this here....

... more info coming soon

sneak peak..

It may not be a "game changer" (is anything so far really?), it does make the wallet a whole lot more professional and useful in the real world applications which is the whole point, we can then start pushing it to be taken as a real world payment and it also hooks in to a lot of new plans we have coming not too far in the future.

It may not be a "game changer"

Ok, I want to clarify a few things here about what is happening with BITS, as I'm sure many of you are perking up at the idea of the coin finally being recognised for the commitment and effort the dev has been consistently giving these last few months.

Firstly, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just someone who threw a few ideas at him a while back to see how he would run with them as this coin has always struck me as solid, but oh-so-quiet.

I have to say, right out, I absolutely disagree with his comment that the new features will not be a "game changer". In my honest opinion, I believe they are going to do exactly that, for BITS and, when they can figure out how to do it, other coins that will no doubt want to snatch some ideas from the new BITS wallet.

Whilst I do not feel it is my place to discuss the specifics of what is coming, I am able to confidently state that some of the new features will blow your tiny minds.

To give you a better idea of the direction I believe this coin project is going to go in, I would say look towards those other, more well-known coins, that are bringing value-added services to their stable in order to provide better functionality and greater utility. Whilst some of the new features will be centralised and managed by the dev, for now, the long term goals are to incorporate them into p2p decentralised structures.

I am sure you will recognise that it is far more valuable to have the features made available now that can bring so much more value across the board, to this coin, than to hold back and wait until the p2p advancements allow them to be implemented.

Whilst some coins are obsessing about Anonymous transactions, the rest of us just want something we can use, that we can play with and create a market for. That isn't to say that Anon isn't going to happen, it's just not what is going to elevate this coin above the rest.

Speaking of Anon, I had already mentioned to the dev that his continued anonymity might cause some reservation in those who would otherwise back the project and, like most of us, whilst he did think about it, he has said he *really* would rather not have to 'out' himself on the internet. I think this aspect is still a little controversial but I do absolutely understand, given the nature of some of the psychologies on display around this forum.

What I would say, instead, is that maybe we need to help him out ourselves in this regard and find some people who would be willing to become the public face of this project. That way he could privately communicate with them and keep his personal details offline, while the coin would gain a better image.

No, I'm not doing it, you lot are 'mostly harmless', but some are batshit crazy. Cheesy

So, now you know that things are definitely going to step up a gear, it's time for you to do a little more than HODL, you are going to have contribute ideas and make a little effort to allow the dev to do his dev thing while the promotion and marketing and whole 'social network' stuff, can be down to the rest of the BITS community.

Thanks for the replies, Yes I may have undersold the new wallet features a little, mainly because I've seen so many times other coins over hyping features and I didn't want to accidently over hype it as we want to be a stable currency.

Like cryptodevil says, it is a big feature and it will open up bits so much and will move it forward and I do think a lot of other coins will try and copy or emulate it, hence the secrecy of the new features.

Yes I don't personally want to give out my ID, like most on here I like my privacy.  I would understand people asking for it early on when we had a lot of premine left, but I think we've proven many times we're here for the long term.  

Some of the new features will not be decentralised to start with, so to allay your fears I can tell you we have 3 main people working on the coin and also some other people helping with other services.  The 3 main people have access to keep this coin going no matter what.

Regarding promoting the coin, this bit is always the hard bit to get right, we tried huge give aways to start with, but that didn't seem to help, we then did large give aways on the multipool, again not a massive change, we've had a lot of offers of paid for adverts etc, but I've so far not answered any of these, maybe we should have gone via this method.  If any of you like this idea, we can set up a wallet btc and/or bits for donations towards paying for advertising.

Thanks for your continued support, now back on with coding...

modifier interval needs to be changed? perhaps include that on next fork/wallet update? thank you.

its currently 8+ hours. set it to 1 or 2 minutes.

Thanks, We have already updated that, it will be part of the new update.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

Whilst I can confidently state that this coin has a bright future, I am going to ask that the dev continue to do as they have done so far, in not setting dates for project milestones.

I'm sure we've all seen what happens in both coin threads and market prices, when a date is given for a particular update to be released, namely, the short-term speculators start circling and the price gets pushed all over the place artificially. Should there be any delay to a scheduled milestone, the whole place goes insane with panic sells and threads being spammed with rabid demands for action or, my personal pet hate, incessant trading-related memes.

This completely drowns out the rational discussion that would otherwise be taking place about the project.

The new wallet is coming very soon. That's all you need to know right now and that's all you will be told right now.

After it has been released there will be other milestones announced for the next stages of the project, which will also not be given specific dates.

As an asides, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the coin onto other exchanges. You'll see what I mean in due course.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:19:16 AM

Whilst I can confidently state that this coin has a bright future, I am going to ask that the dev continue to do as they have done so far, in not setting dates for project milestones.

I'm sure we've all seen what happens in both coin threads and market prices, when a date is given for a particular update to be released, namely, the short-term speculators start circling and the price gets pushed all over the place artificially. Should there be any delay to a scheduled milestone, the whole place goes insane with panic sells and threads being spammed with rabid demands for action or, my personal pet hate, incessant trading-related memes.

This completely drowns out the rational discussion that would otherwise be taking place about the project.

The new wallet is coming very soon. That's all you need to know right now and that's all you will be told right now.

After it has been released there will be other milestones announced for the next stages of the project, which will also not be given specific dates.

As an asides, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the coin onto other exchanges. You'll see what I mean in due course.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I will be a bit quieter and slower responding today as I'm working very hard on the code. 

I was notified the irc channel was not working properly, so I've just fixed that too.

http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/bitstarcoin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
_theone

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:30:08 PM

+1

zzz
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:22:30 PM

Looks like someone knows something that we don't  Wink

I'm in, this coin looks interesting. Will sit on my stack for a good while and see where it goes  Cool

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

+1

You had me at Whilst. Wink

InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

Looking forward to the release!
tim14

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:36:19 PM

Good to know, I will lay off the gas pedal.  Smiley
InitialDat

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:40:28 PM

We're now working on a new unseen feature, should have more news in the next week or so.  But won't announce it until it is ready.

Unseen feature is slightly delayed due to a dev pc dyeing and this chain sync issue, still expect 1-2 weeks before I'm ready to announce, not going to let on what it is early and risk somebody else doing it too though.  

I have thought about anon, but i have put that on hold for now as it seems like another "me too" feature, I'll reconsider it after the feature I'm working on now is complete if the community still really wants it.

I'll just leave this here....

... more info coming soon

sneak peak..

It may not be a "game changer" (is anything so far really?), it does make the wallet a whole lot more professional and useful in the real world applications which is the whole point, we can then start pushing it to be taken as a real world payment and it also hooks in to a lot of new plans we have coming not too far in the future.

It may not be a "game changer"

Ok, I want to clarify a few things here about what is happening with BITS, as I'm sure many of you are perking up at the idea of the coin finally being recognised for the commitment and effort the dev has been consistently giving these last few months.

Firstly, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just someone who threw a few ideas at him a while back to see how he would run with them as this coin has always struck me as solid, but oh-so-quiet.

I have to say, right out, I absolutely disagree with his comment that the new features will not be a "game changer". In my honest opinion, I believe they are going to do exactly that, for BITS and, when they can figure out how to do it, other coins that will no doubt want to snatch some ideas from the new BITS wallet.

Whilst I do not feel it is my place to discuss the specifics of what is coming, I am able to confidently state that some of the new features will blow your tiny minds.

To give you a better idea of the direction I believe this coin project is going to go in, I would say look towards those other, more well-known coins, that are bringing value-added services to their stable in order to provide better functionality and greater utility. Whilst some of the new features will be centralised and managed by the dev, for now, the long term goals are to incorporate them into p2p decentralised structures.

I am sure you will recognise that it is far more valuable to have the features made available now that can bring so much more value across the board, to this coin, than to hold back and wait until the p2p advancements allow them to be implemented.

Whilst some coins are obsessing about Anonymous transactions, the rest of us just want something we can use, that we can play with and create a market for. That isn't to say that Anon isn't going to happen, it's just not what is going to elevate this coin above the rest.

Speaking of Anon, I had already mentioned to the dev that his continued anonymity might cause some reservation in those who would otherwise back the project and, like most of us, whilst he did think about it, he has said he *really* would rather not have to 'out' himself on the internet. I think this aspect is still a little controversial but I do absolutely understand, given the nature of some of the psychologies on display around this forum.

What I would say, instead, is that maybe we need to help him out ourselves in this regard and find some people who would be willing to become the public face of this project. That way he could privately communicate with them and keep his personal details offline, while the coin would gain a better image.

No, I'm not doing it, you lot are 'mostly harmless', but some are batshit crazy. Cheesy

So, now you know that things are definitely going to step up a gear, it's time for you to do a little more than HODL, you are going to have contribute ideas and make a little effort to allow the dev to do his dev thing while the promotion and marketing and whole 'social network' stuff, can be down to the rest of the BITS community.

Thanks for the replies, Yes I may have undersold the new wallet features a little, mainly because I've seen so many times other coins over hyping features and I didn't want to accidently over hype it as we want to be a stable currency.

Like cryptodevil says, it is a big feature and it will open up bits so much and will move it forward and I do think a lot of other coins will try and copy or emulate it, hence the secrecy of the new features.

Yes I don't personally want to give out my ID, like most on here I like my privacy.  I would understand people asking for it early on when we had a lot of premine left, but I think we've proven many times we're here for the long term.  

Some of the new features will not be decentralised to start with, so to allay your fears I can tell you we have 3 main people working on the coin and also some other people helping with other services.  The 3 main people have access to keep this coin going no matter what.

Regarding promoting the coin, this bit is always the hard bit to get right, we tried huge give aways to start with, but that didn't seem to help, we then did large give aways on the multipool, again not a massive change, we've had a lot of offers of paid for adverts etc, but I've so far not answered any of these, maybe we should have gone via this method.  If any of you like this idea, we can set up a wallet btc and/or bits for donations towards paying for advertising.

Thanks for your continued support, now back on with coding...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I will be a bit quieter and slower responding today as I'm working very hard on the code. 

I was notified the irc channel was not working properly, so I've just fixed that too.

http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/bitstarcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: