Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling off my BTC investment  (Read 906 times)
british-bulldog (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:52:02 PM

Found this forum, whilst looking for a place to try and sell my btc which I bought a few years back as a low risk investment. Deciding to sell due to the major increase in value since i invested and also due to ever increasing interested in BTC making it much easier to sell nowadays. Not looking to sell at market price, just looking to sell my btc quickly and easily on what seems to be a friendly and honest forum. Please feel free to contact me with how many btc you require, I am happy to sell in varying quantities. Would prefer to use paypal when selling due to it being safer, as i don't like giving my bank details out to people i have not met or know. The current btc value according to preev.com at 19:40 on the 17/4/14 is £294.3. I would be happy to sell at £250 a BTC. Will update prices accordingly to the variations in price on preev in the following few days. Thanks alot for the great site and forum and i look forward to sell my btc.

Regards

British Bulldog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:02:28 PM

I am willing to buy but are you willing to either use escrow or go first?
british-bulldog (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:11:27 PM

Sorry but i am new to all this what is escrow?
 cheers
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

Sorry but i am new to all this what is escrow?
 cheers

Since your new you would give your btc to a reputable trusted member on this forum. He would hold the bitcoin and once I send the paypal money to you he would give me the bitcoin. This is the only way I will go through with this transaction unless you want to give me the bitcoin first. As long as you will go first I will go in as small increments as you would like. Let me know which way works for you.
british-bulldog (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:05:45 PM

Hi I have read into selling btc on forums like this and have taken advice from friends, and i am not too sure about escrow and the "you go first" Business from what i have read, hence my intention to use paypal. However due to your high trust status on this forum i would be willing to meet you half way. Depending on how many btc you would like to buy from my total available, i would be willing to accept a slight deposit of the total value first through paypal, then i would be more than willing to send the full amount of btc to your wallet. once you have received them you can then pay me the balance in full to my paypal. let me know if this seems reasonable to you. I fully understand if you are not happy to go ahead with this arrangement, but unfortunately i would really like to use paypal to trade my btc.

regards

BB
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:30:54 PM

Scammer trying to act smart. Avoid trading with this user. Not willing to send first to trusted members and not open to using escrow. AVOID!
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:47:32 PM

Scammer trying to act smart. Avoid trading with this user. Not willing to send first to trusted members and not open to using escrow. AVOID!

I agree. I always like to offer people the benefit of the doubt. To the OP: no one is going to give you a deposit when you just started here. Your insistence for only paypal is fishy to begin with. Your "friends" must be scammers as well if they will not use escrow. That is how things are done around here if you do not trust the other party.
british-bulldog (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:51:51 PM

considering your highly unreliable status on this forum and low trust value, i don't think you have much credibility when trying to cry scammer. I am simply trying to sell off my btc investment i made 5 years ago, in a way i am comfortable with without loosing out to any possible scammers trying to fob me off due to being new to this process, or who are trying to make a quick buck. So I would be very appreciative if you could refrain from such bold and brash statements on this what, had seemed friendly and honest forum! I would greatly appreciative if someone could point me in a direction of somewhere i could sell my btc off using paypal.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:03:23 PM

I'll buy 0.5 BTC. With my trust and you being a new member, you would have to send first.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

considering your highly unreliable status on this forum and low trust value, i don't think you have much credibility when trying to cry scammer. I am simply trying to sell off my btc investment i made 5 years ago, in a way i am comfortable with without loosing out to any possible scammers trying to fob me off due to being new to this process, or who are trying to make a quick buck. So I would be very appreciative if you could refrain from such bold and brash statements on this what, had seemed friendly and honest forum! I would greatly appreciative if someone could point me in a direction of somewhere i could sell my btc off using paypal.

Hi
Everything is nice and look good. But you will not make any money with this approach.
I can take btc of your hands:

-small amount let say 0.10btc-you first, im paying for it.
Than again another 0.20-you first, im paying for it.
And again and again.

If not, your (any)way smells fishy and you will not get any money from anyone here.

In case you will think i planing scam you, we dealing with small amounts so both parties loosing small piece of the cake.
Im not gonna risk my trust over 0.10 so when you ready please let me know.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

- snip -
Would prefer to use paypal
- snip -
The current btc value according to preev.com at 19:40 on the 17/4/14 is £294.3. I would be happy to sell at £250 a BTC.
- snip -

Selling BTC for significantly below market value, and accepting PayPal?

There are only two possible outcomes here.

Either:

You are going to get scammed (someone will pay you with PayPal and then reverse the charges once they have the bitcoins).

Or:

You are a scammer, and will not send the bitcoins after you've received the payment.

Either way, this is going to go very poorly.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

Selling BTC for significantly below market value, and accepting PayPal?

There are only two possible outcomes here.

Either:

You are going to get scammed (someone will pay you with PayPal and then reverse the charges once they have the bitcoins).

Or:

You are a scammer, and will not send the bitcoins after you've received the payment.

Either way, this is going to go very poorly.

Thats why the only way is sending first.

Let see his next move...
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:17:10 PM

he will either A) not respond with anything ever and create a new account or B) say hes found a buyer and doesnt want to sell anymore
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:18:46 PM

The idea behind escrow is to use someone with a very high trust value. This means a third party is holding your bitcoins not me. I can then pay you without even having the bitcoins in hand because someone of great trust has them. Research what escrow is if you are still confused. Anyway this is my last post in this thread. PM me if you want to trade either you sending first or with the idea of using escrow from a trusted member on this forum (not one of your friends)
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:21:19 PM

just looking to sell my btc quickly and easily on what seems to be a friendly and honest forum.

My scammer radar went over nine thousand after just this xD xD
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

just looking to sell my btc quickly and easily on what seems to be a friendly and honest forum.

Yeah right. Friendly. Honest.
I think you went to the wrong forums lol. You might as well call these forums "innocent".
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:35:51 PM

Yeah right. Friendly. Honest.
I think you went to the wrong forums lol. You might as well call these forums "innocent".

lol yup this forum is filled with fucking scammers  friendly and honest lol
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:09:18 PM

PM sent
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:05:01 AM

I vote C) He will disappear Smiley

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:11:41 AM

I vote C) He will disappear Smiley
Lol I think you're right, he didn't even respond to my pm! These scammers just keep getting lazier and lazier! Roll Eyes
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:20:41 AM

5 post newb scammer  Roll Eyes

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: