Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:48:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Major Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks, Scams, and Losses  (Read 87479 times)
FreeEarnsActivist

Activity: 124
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 11:02:03 AM

Have u head about a new service made by AML company - Coinfirm called - ReclaimCrypto? They made it to help victims of scams/hacks - https://www.coindesk.com/theres-a-new-way-to-get-your-stolen-crypto-back
WRAOUF

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 04:06:08 PM

Hats-off to the author who have put in so much of effort in organizing and presenting so valuable data to us. My observation, most of the cases involves exploiting the loopholes of these system (ofcourse with manual interference). Also, I observed the amount is getting lower and lower with time. Is it due to increase in security?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 02:22:21 AM

Hats-off to the author who have put in so much of effort in organizing and presenting so valuable data to us. My observation, most of the cases involves exploiting the loopholes of these system (ofcourse with manual interference). Also, I observed the amount is getting lower and lower with time. Is it due to increase in security?

The thread hasn't been updated in a very long time, but the amounts might be getting lower with time only in terms of raw bitcoins, the average real market value of a major scam is much higher than in the early days, which is unsurprising given how many more people use Bitcoin and how much the price has increased.

Signature space available for rent.
bfish

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 02:31:38 AM

If anyone is still monitoring this thread, I have continued on this list via a Github repo which I invite you all to come contribute any scams, hacks, thefts etc. that I have missed.

https://github.com/Electricsheep01/proof-of-keys/blob/master/README.md

Looking forward to your feedback / contributions  Smiley

-Sheep

Hi

This link does not seem to work anymore. Is there any way to still get the data you collected? I would be very interested in having more recent data. Thank you in advance for your time and work. Sorry to bother you with this!
funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 09:52:38 AM

I’d like to see something similar but with coins not and scam projects

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 12:05:34 AM

allinvain's theft, and thefts by a trojan have been mentioned, but most of the time it's hard to get accurate information and verify them. It's easier to verify if an exchange shuts down due to a hack or an exit scam. Even heists/thefts/hacks/scams of and by exchanges and other services have become too numerous for OP to bother continuing to catalogue.

Signature space available for rent.
xcaret

Activity: 126
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 10:05:27 PM

Here's another one . https://globalnews.ca/tag/quadrigacx/ .

"Collapse of Quadriga crypto exchange was ‘old-fashioned fraud wrapped in modern technology’: OSC"
 This is like reading a mystery pocket novel , many in's and out's , is the fraudster dead?
The sole holder if all the crypto account people stored with Quadriga cx vanished with the pass words to the 200 million in crypto currencies .
For a real good read google it ,and read the very lengthy account on Wiki .
BTW more evidence pop's up every few months , did the guy fake his own death ? or really dead. What about his wife ? what about his partner who is a convcted ponzi scheme operator ?     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: