Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 06:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the moderation so lame?  (Read 2226 times)
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:53:04 PM

'will destroy your project and kill you' (its still in the petamine thread)

your a liar and a cheat. if you can write a link to the above where i wrote this i will leave the forum right now. but you can't, because your making it up. i would never threaten someones life over the internet. i did threaten to destroy your project and i did, but i only had to state the facts, and there is nothing wrong with that. it is an obvious fraud. i have said before all you have to do is verify your stock on cryptostocks and i will give you the benifit of the doubt, but you wont because then you will be accountable to your investors.

this shows exactly why i have issues with you. you trolled a thread non-stop and then setup a 'hedge fund' which is a clear fraud. i have called you out on it profusely and you have never once been able to come back with a reasonable response. now you attack my character instead of just answering simple accusations.

you've even started a new account to hide your previous behaviour.

I can see where darkstone2 is coming from with my choice of language, but you are the scum i make you out to be. i use that word carefully. i honestly hate people like you.

if i get banned then fine. its not like i dont travel the world doing this for a living. im leaving the UK in the next week or two and ill just create a new account with a new IP, And until then ill just use another network. i hope it doesn't come to that but if it does im not going to lose any sleep. i would be willing to make changes to how i speak to people on this forum but not you.

people like you are whats wrong with this forum, if it wasn't for you none of this would be happening. but you brought this on yourself by trying to destroy a legitimate project with FUD just so you could buy some cheaper shares. and then creating a project that is so obviously illegitimate its actually amusing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darkstone2

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

i would never threaten someones life over the internet.

Danny, please release the usernames/contact details of the people who threatened your daughter, its only fair that the witch-hunt is now directed at them.

Guilty as charged.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:59:20 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 02:11:47 PM by mikemikemike

i would never threaten someones life over the internet.

Danny, please release the usernames/contact details of the people who threatened your daughter, its only fair that the witch-hunt is now directed at them.

Guilty as charged.

i stand by that. you don't threaten someones daughter and a witch-hunt is completely different from threatening someones life, you are manipulating what i am saying and taking it out of context, it just shows the lengths you both are going to to do this.

and Darkstone2, however much you want me banned, it will never take away from the fact your an idiot. You should know this just as well as i do.

im not responding to these posts anymore, i will happily speak to the mods about my behaviour but im not answering to either one of you.

you have no idea what you are doing and i've called you both out on it many of times. enjoy your life.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

This is a thread about bitcointalk moderation, not a thread where you can take turns hurling insults at eachother.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:36:56 PM

Being offensive isn't against the rules.  

And dude, you're starting an IPO, you're going to have detractors, some won't be very nice about it. Reacting the way you are is just suspicious as hell. But yes leaving is probably your best option, you need to develop some thicker skin.
This is one of the weak points of the moderation.
Yeah being offensive is not against the rules, but there needs to be a limit. Being a little offensive okay, but attacking one multiple times in a thread is definitely not okay.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

And yes i am indeed complaining about your use of language. You say that:

your a liar and a cheat. if you can write a link to the above where i wrote this i will leave the forum right now. but you can't, because your making it up. i would never threaten someones life over the internet. i did threaten to destroy your project and i did, but i only had to state the facts, and there is nothing wrong with that. it is an obvious fraud. i have said before all you have to do is verify your stock on cryptostocks and i will give you the benifit of the doubt, but you wont because then you will be accountable to your investors.
Good. Facts of an obvious fraud. Here is the problem:

I have never seen you give any facts of any matter whatsoever.
If it really was an obvious scam, giving the facts should suffice.
You complain about attacking your character, yet seem to have no problems issuing personal attacks on your own. As seen by numerous occurrences of 'idiot' and 'troll' in your posts.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:43:14 PM

Being offensive isn't against the rules.  

And dude, you're starting an IPO, you're going to have detractors, some won't be very nice about it. Reacting the way you are is just suspicious as hell. But yes leaving is probably your best option, you need to develop some thicker skin.
This is one of the weak points of the moderation.
Yeah being offensive is not against the rules, but there needs to be a limit. Being a little offensive okay, but attacking one multiple times in a thread is definitely not okay.

There is a limit. Personal attacks would fall under off topic, the offensive part isn't the problem.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:45:45 PM

There is a limit. Personal attacks would fall under off topic, the offensive part isn't the problem.
Being offensive toward a mod is though?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:51:33 PM

Being offensive toward a mod is though?

No.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:55:00 PM

I'm pretty sure if you posted an entire post along the lines of "I'm going to find your family and murder them" with a lot more f bombs etc. that the moderation team wouldn't sit there and do nothing about it. To be honest businesses, ventures, IPOs, etc. are going to be insulted. The moderation team has problems, but that isn't one.

Darkstone2

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:04:52 PM

It is. It is almost impossible to discuss anything in the securities forum because of the constant insults being thrown around.

Yet MPOE-PR was banned more of less because he/she insulted one mod..
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:11:29 PM

No.
So if I start being offensive toward you (not going to happen), I wouldn't get banned?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:24:14 PM

So if I start being offensive toward you (not going to happen), I wouldn't get banned?

Yes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

I dunno I think the moderation on here is pretty damned spot-on. I love that the mods are all over your case every 20 seconds like on some forums and they allow adult discussions, topics, language, etc. Frankly I think they try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't need or want the mods to be fighting everyone's battles for them.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

Yes.
What's up with that?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:50:31 PM

What's up with that?

You can find it here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552981.msg6027033#msg6027033

Old members shouldn't get preferential treatment if they break the rules. No one would be complaining if a new member got banned for swearing at a moderator. Sometimes people need to be made an example of in order to keep others in check.

You don't get banned for swearing at a moderator. MPOE-PR was asked to stop spamming/trolling by Maged, and rather than stopping, she swore at him. The act of insulting Maged itself didn't get her banned, it was the warning, and then lack of acknowledgement of the warning that got the ban.
Oh, the warning was acknowledged, all right. She specifically quoted my warning in her "fuck you" reply. That reply was off-topic and was extremely likely to result in additional off-topic posts from other users. Had she posted that message in the correct location, she would have been fine. This is also why TAT wasn't banned: you can insult us and complain all you want in Meta, since doing so is often on-topic.

Beyond the reasons you mentioned for the ban, there are some more:
1) I've deleted many of MPOE-PR's posts in the past, throughout many threads.
2) MPOE-PR has an orange ignore button.

Alone, none of these things would result in a ban. You can only get banned if you put them all together.

And yet Inaba can slander and defame people up and down the forums for years and nothing is done? Funny.
Slandering and defaming people in a thread about a company of which you are an employee is often on-topic because it reveals the true character of the company. If we removed those posts, there would be a much better argument for claiming that we support scammers.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:23:07 PM

What's up with that?

You can find it here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552981.msg6027033#msg6027033

Old members shouldn't get preferential treatment if they break the rules. No one would be complaining if a new member got banned for swearing at a moderator. Sometimes people need to be made an example of in order to keep others in check.

You don't get banned for swearing at a moderator. MPOE-PR was asked to stop spamming/trolling by Maged, and rather than stopping, she swore at him. The act of insulting Maged itself didn't get her banned, it was the warning, and then lack of acknowledgement of the warning that got the ban.
Oh, the warning was acknowledged, all right. She specifically quoted my warning in her "fuck you" reply. That reply was off-topic and was extremely likely to result in additional off-topic posts from other users. Had she posted that message in the correct location, she would have been fine. This is also why TAT wasn't banned: you can insult us and complain all you want in Meta, since doing so is often on-topic.

Beyond the reasons you mentioned for the ban, there are some more:
1) I've deleted many of MPOE-PR's posts in the past, throughout many threads.
2) MPOE-PR has an orange ignore button.

Alone, none of these things would result in a ban. You can only get banned if you put them all together.

And yet Inaba can slander and defame people up and down the forums for years and nothing is done? Funny.
Slandering and defaming people in a thread about a company of which you are an employee is often on-topic because it reveals the true character of the company. If we removed those posts, there would be a much better argument for claiming that we support scammers.
Okay thank you for presenting me with the right post(s). The case of MPOE-PR was different, and I do agree that the ban was deserved.
How long did he/she get banned?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:00:47 PM

It is. It is almost impossible to discuss anything in the securities forum because of the constant insults being thrown around.

No, not at all, MPOE-PR was banned for receiving a formal warning to stop spamming, and then insulting Maged in response. You don't get banned for insulting mods, just like how mods are allowed to insult members. Its a two way thing. You can however get banned for disregarding a warning.

Inaba yells and insults everyone, but they are also yelling and insulting him. You can get banned for excessive personal attacks, however in Inaba's case people attack him and he attacks them back. I'd call that an argument.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

I don't think enough people are aware of the Ignore feature, to be honest - that is one solution to these problems.

Darkstone2

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:15:18 PM

No, not at all, MPOE-PR was banned for receiving a formal warning to stop spamming, and then insulting Maged in response. You don't get banned for insulting mods, just like how mods are allowed to insult members. Its a two way thing. You can however get banned for disregarding a warning.
MPOE received a warning for spamming? I can certainly understand the response he gave then. MPOE was many things, but a spammer is not one of them. MPOE's average post contained more substance than 99% of posts on the forum here.
Inaba yells and insults everyone, but they are also yelling and insulting him. You can get banned for excessive personal attacks, however in Inaba's case people attack him and he attacks them back. I'd call that an argument.
I'd call that a good argument to ban both of them for turning this forum into hell. You're driving away all experienced users with that attitude.

I don't think enough people are aware of the Ignore feature, to be honest - that is one solution to these problems.
The ignore feature solves no problems at all. If i start spreading a load of lies and bullshit designed to defame Obama and Obama chooses to ignore that, it's reputation is still damaged. If i start spreading a load of crap in BCmine's topic and BCmine chooses to hit the ignore button, it still has effect on the reputation of its business.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: