Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:33:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest With Caution: CoinMart.co  (Read 4788 times)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:24:36 PM

I thought it was in "open beta". Can't I try it myself yet?

also i managed myself to get a negative balance of 2k dgc after selling just 1.6k dgc, i don't know if this is already a known issue or not. i send you details via email.
http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php?topic=746.msg4808#msg4808

okay.

They decided to locate and fix as many bugs as possible before launching it.

Well, duh. You don't open something with that kind of bugs to the public, especially because there is actual money at play.
But here's the thing: this kind of bug being only detected by testers shows there is strong inexperience from the developer(s), and no proper design of the trading engine should even allow it to happen. This is a disaster in the making.

Quoted for posterity. We shall see...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:23:11 PM

also i managed myself to get a negative balance of 2k dgc after selling just 1.6k dgc, i don't know if this is already a known issue or not. i send you details via email.

okay.

Well, duh. You don't open something with that kind of bugs to the public, especially because there is actual money at play.
But here's the thing: this kind of bug being only detected by testers shows there is strong inexperience from the developer(s), and no proper design of the trading engine should even allow it to happen. This is a disaster in the making.
Lol why do you think its called BETA testing and is being tested with PLAY money for the last month or so. Yes to iron out the bugs. It takes time to test properly which has been taken. 5 months development at least.  Thats alot longer dev time than alot of other exchanges that have been rushed out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
digitaltradz

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:31:43 PM

Interesting site and looks promising. I wish them much luck.  You might checkout the site in my sig.  It's been setup so that the site handles no ones coins, ever so there's no chance of having funds compromised.  A separate processor handles all the transactions and let's both the buyer and seller know when funds have cleared not only in their wallets but also on the site, recorded and unchangeable.  It takes maybe 30 minutes tops for all this to happen.  It depends on the number of confirms needed by the coins.  Yes, coins.  Over 35 are supported as of now with more being added on a regular basis.

AND, your not stuck with the coin the item is listed in.  A widget can be listed in BTC(the sites control coin) and say you want to buy it and use DGC.  There's a handy converter in each listing so you can know within seconds if you can buy that widget you're after.  Each seller can choose as many or as few coins as they want to accept.  During checkout, the buyer chooses DGC, makes the payment.  The seller packs the item and ships, transaction done. Should there be a problem with the transaction, there's a dispute resolution system backed by a 3 strikes your out policy.

You get auctions, buy now, make offer, reverse auctions if you are looking for a service, and wanted ads if you want to buy something but can't find it.  That pretty much covers all the goods and services that can be exchanged for crypto coins.

So, CryptoAlley has support for 35 coins, cross currency purchasing ability, divide and conquer security by not holding coins and using a payment system that is pass through and they don't hold coins.

With any transaction there is always the possibility that it will not go well, but doing this for over 10 years at places like eBay with 1000's of sales, I have had maybe 5 unpleasant experiences.  Never had to request a refund from Paypal either.

Stop by, get and accout and start selling.  Listing is free for all features while we get going, after that there will be nominal fees for 2-3 features and a low final value fee.

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:07:41 PM

okay.

Quoted for posterity. We shall see...
http://cryptosource.org/cryptoave-shuts-down-temporarily-to-fortify-security/

The relaunch is already planned. I look forward to it.
Unicus

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:41:24 AM

Make sure to read the scammers other message here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=543503.240
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: